Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
The team has two personalities, including coach.
Hawk can put up a loud 20 or a mouselike 7.
Sanogo is a tour de force or frustrated.
AJ is either a defensive highlight reel or a liability.
Newton dishes like he invented it, or turns his back to the basket.
Karraban is a freshman so he gets a pass, and is improving with flashes of brilliance.
Clingan is special, BUT HURLEY WONT FREAKING PLAY HIM.
The bench/depth. The most lauded part of our team earlier. It hardly exists anymore. Has Joey C scored in the last month?

Finally Coach. Fiery, mouthy getting T'ed up, or paces the sidelines acting like he's supervising a pick up game. Who are we?

Reaction Score
I think this will be a turning point for Hurley and how he uses Jackson.
I'll believe it when I see it. If he is going to continue playing this many minutes, we need to find a way to take advantage of all the empty space on the court that's created when Jackson has the ball. Come up with something to counter it, because come tournament time every team is going to throw the same look at us.

Reaction Score
This team will lose these tough road games about nine times out of ten. At some point, we need to start winning them and that day isn’t coming this year.

Just not good at winning…Hawkins disappears, Jackson has no idea what he can do and can’t do and the bench guys are marginal.

Whine all you want - this is what they are.
Yup, another winnable game lost. When you lose all the close ones(or most at least)..someone needs to make better adjustments.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It’s easy to blame Jackson, but when Newton isn’t playing well our backup options at ball-handling (Jackson & Diarra) often provide nothing offensively. Defenses know this, and then you get the 4 on 5 muck it up defense which makes things harder for Hawkins and everyone else.

Newton has to play better. He is the straw that stirs the drink. At this point it’s 50/50 flip a coin, if Newton is playing well we’ll win. If not, we’ll lose because guard play lacks severely.

Reaction Score
How about someone on the staff tells Jackson DO NOT SHOOT THE BALL outside of 5ft.!!!!

Or ride the pine…

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How about someone on the staff tells Jackson DO NOT SHOOT THE BALL outside of 5ft.!!!!

Or ride the pine…
Here’s the problem. He has to if Newton is doing nothing.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He’s the reason why Newton had trouble doing anything today.

Cheat off of Jackson…..jam up Newton or double Sanogo.

There’s literally no scenario where Jackson shooting a jumpshot should be considered a good option.
You ok with alleyne shooting one? Jackson does so much more. With adequate PG play. A pg should dictate that flow. Even without scoring

Jackson looked off a million looks today and against Marquette. Newton is a ghost.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
As much as it would be great to sweep any of them, I can live with a split with the upper echelon BE teams (like Creighton). This was a real grinder, was winnable, and never really got away from us but it seemed Creighton had the slight upper hand most of the way, though we almost got over the hump at a couple of points. Alexander had the hot hand today, and nobody, save for maybe Adama did on our side. Just a good, grind it out battle. Not at all pretty, but at least an "A" for effort against a top opponent on their turf. Looking forward to seeing the Bluejays again in the BE tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It never occurs to anyone that if Andre was benched the other team’s best player lights them up and they get down 20. You all just ignore that. Must be nice.
Key word there is ”might” we need to find out. I’d Rather go down in flames fighting than meander though another season.

Andre should play 13-15 minutes a game as needed for defensive pressure for remainder of the season IMO.

Reaction Score
Yeah. He buried us with the second lineup and with Jackson being allowed to shoot.

Clingan should’ve played more. It’s past the point of frustration
Hurley has, in large part, wasted Clingan’s talents. He apparently does not know how to use his big men —separately or in combination. He’s got three studs: Sanogo, Clingan and Johnson and cannot, or will not work with them to develop the chemistry to make them effective against many opponents. There are plenty of coaches that would love to have, and work with that kind of big man talent- both defense as well as offense.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Start Joey. At least the other team will have to respect his shot and Uconn won't have to play 4 on 5 on offense.
You need this more than me pal.

image.jpg

Reaction Score
IMHO if we meet them in NYC we win the game. And Creighton is the hottest team in the BE. We could have done so many things better. If just a couple of bounces, missed bunny's, etc went our way we'd be celebrating a huge road win.
These guys need to figure out how to get over the hump and keep building a lead. It's like they stop thinking in close games. Why do they play so much harder when they get off to a big lead?

Reaction Score
Hurley's blind spot for Jackson is going to lead to another first round exit.
Totally agree with this. The only thing that can change our ceiling this point is playing double Big.

Reaction Score
All I care about is top 5 and a 1st round bye, which is still the most likely scenario
Love the American Flag Blue colored glasses, but I don’t know how anyone can say with confidence right now that this team will finish top 5 when Seton Hall owns the tie-breaker with UConn. I’ll be rooting harder than I ever have for Villanova tonight.

Reaction Score
Offensively, yes. But overall? Not so much.

If the team is struggling to score, and you want to sub for Jackson, it needs to be Calcaterra, not Alleyne or Diarra. To be honest, the best answer might be to play Sanogo and Clingan together. But Hurley is too damn stubborn for that. So, if he subs Alleyne or Diarra for Jackson, I would prefer not sub at all and just tell the kid to either drive or not shoot at all.
You couldn’t be more right-on . For added rebounds, second chance points, rim defense, fish/out passing—playing Sanogo and Clingan together makes every sense, but apparently it won’t happen under this coaching staff. Clingan’s numbers with limited court time are excellent.. and yet he’s only marginally utilized.

Reaction Score
He doesn't want to shoot but he ends up shooting anyways because there's no one else around who can get a good look. Brutal offense today.
At the division 1 level you can’t have a guy on the perimeter not be able to make a shot when he’s not guarded. It’s the reason it’s so hard for guys like Hawkins and Karaban to get open looks. AJ needs to go to bench. We need to go double big to reach our ceiling. Sanogo can start outside and back in if need be and even if he misses DC will clean it up.

Reaction Score
Wow what game you watching?? Playing Jackson so much and letting him take 11 shots that’s killed us. His “lock down” D was bad as well. Hurley sits him we most likely win. Thats fax.
1000% agree with this.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s the reason why Newton had trouble doing anything today.

Cheat off of Jackson…..jam up Newton or double Sanogo.

There’s literally no scenario where Jackson shooting a jumpshot should be considered a good option.
Newton’s resurgence came because they they got the ball out of Jackson’s hands. I have no idea why AJax was on the ball almost all game, but it killed any chance we had. It can’t continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom