Creighton forum talking UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton forum talking UConn

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
i really, really enjoy reading the other BE teams' message boards when uconn is playing like this. there has been some extensive uconn talk on the providence board as well, although there is a lot more "why did we ever let this team back in the big east? type stuff over there:

Am I the only one completely lost by this one?

"ucon game at the AMP in a couple of weeks is gonna be Nutmeg State ground zero--with 10K season tickets this year, there shouldn't be very many tickets available to them, but we'll see.

They are conditioning their fanny packs with leather oil right now as we speak............."

Reaction Score

ucon game at the AMP in a couple of weeks is gonna be Nutmeg State ground zero--with 10K season tickets this year, there shouldn't be very many tickets available to them, but we'll see.

They are conditioning their fanny packs with leather oil right now as we speak.............
should edit to make it clear obvious you're quoting PC.

they're calling our fanbase old.

Maybe they're expecting the women's team's fans to show up.

Reaction Score
on a side note, can a boneyard mod pin a thread listing the other BE message boards? i have noticed that both providence and creighton do this, and it's really convenient for gloating.
I was going to suggest that Tom create a Big East message board. I think it would be a gold-mine, at least for a little while, and then it would probably degenerate quickly with bans coming left and right.

Reaction Score

"ucon game at the AMP in a couple of weeks is gonna be Nutmeg State ground zero--with 10K season tickets this year, there shouldn't be very many tickets available to them, but we'll see.

They are conditioning their fanny packs with leather oil right now as we speak............."
hahaha, as a long-time lurker of their board, they have some bizarre takes about uconn and connecticut in general. they often refer to us as "storrs agricultural college" and insinuate that are fans are either (1) hicks or (2) ultra-rich. not sure which stereotype this guy is referring too, though.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
hahaha, as a long-time lurker of their board, they have some bizarre takes about uconn and connecticut in general. they often refer to us as "storrs agricultural college" and insinuate that are fans are either (1) hicks or (2) ultra-rich. not sure which stereotype this guy is referring too, though.
I could be ok with either of those stereotypes but leather oil and fanny packs is just confusing me

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
People hate our fans because we have quite a few fans that act like moronic trolls on other boards. Our average fan is actually very pleasant.

Im a long time reddit mod (6 years) for /r/collegebasketball. We are really a crappy fanbase. (from a frontrunner POV) I can explain why for hours if anyone wants to hear it.

Reaction Score
Ill start. But to begin, are your a Pats fan?
I’ll submit without solicitation that I am not a Pats fan and am indeed interested about how we suck so badly

Wonder how many of our crummier fans went to UConn

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You aren't going to fool me into caring about Creighton. Though they have a better shot than me caring about PC.

Reaction Score
Im a long time reddit mod (6 years) for /r/collegebasketball. We are really a crappy fanbase. (from a frontrunner POV) I can explain why for hours if anyone wants to hear it.
I read /r/collegebasketball quite often, and there are definitely some pretty insufferable UConn fans on there right now. They are making the rest of us look (a) bad, and (b) like we've never been here before.

Reaction Score
bluejayfan00 writes;

"UCONN is scary good. Not only do they have the right to say they're the best in the Big East, they have a legit argument as being the best team in the country- as much as I hate to admit it."

"As much as I can't stand Hurley or they're fan base, they're super fun to watch. From watching them a few times and Texas a few times, UCONN is better. They play SUPER hard, they're really connected defensively, and they finally can shoot from 3. They play the style of ball on both ends that I'm envious of."

Very positive and astute statement.
Our fanbase has some negative perceptions out there. I wonder why. And then I remember what this place is like after a loss and ......
It's called begrudging respect.

We'll take it though. :p

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t mind seeing a clip of that Kalkbrenner interview on the big board Jan 7
Only way Kalk is slowing down Adama & DC is if he kisses them on the lips or makes them drink after him a week before the game. (Mono for those unaware)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I read /r/collegebasketball quite often, and there are definitely some pretty insufferable UConn fans on there right now. They are making the rest of us look (a) bad, and (b) like we've never been here before.
nailed it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom