CRDA Assails Cuts That Could Lead XL Center To Close | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CRDA Assails Cuts That Could Lead XL Center To Close

Reaction Score
I don't know about the XL Center but there's hope Dillon will get renovated so professional soccer can be played there.

Well ya, that’s kinda the point of the article? Did ya read it?

Reaction Score
Well ya, that’s kinda the point of the article? Did ya read it?

Read it yesterday actually. It was more of a sarcastic response to the article's title since it's well known what people want to see happen to Dillon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What do we think this means for the future of the XL Center and for the athletic department's relationship with the venue?
Depends on the terms and whether the facility is updated, but I'd guess marginally less game in Hartford. Bridgeport and Mohegan will get a shot at some.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why didn't the Whalers draw? Just curious.
They did draw for the longest time. It was death by a thousand cuts. It started when they were bought buy a guy who cut off any community outreach to spend the money on his investment buddies. Then they traded away the franchise's best player for a bag of pucks. Then they started losing and losing. They had not made the playoff for 5 straight years, that's tough to do when 16 out of 21 teams make it. The final year they sold well but it didn't matter, they were bought to be moved by the new owner. He actually moved out of Hartford before he had a place to move to.

Reaction Score
Another bomb just hit the bunker in downtown Hartford:

Redirect Notice

Link is saying Mohegan Sun is teaming up with Webster Bank Arena to help it get concerts and other sporting events in a newly signed 3 year deal

Reaction Score
They did draw for the longest time. It was death by a thousand cuts. It started when they were bought buy a guy who cut off any community outreach to spend the money on his investment buddies. Then they traded away the franchise's best player for a bag of pucks. Then they started losing and losing. They had not made the playoff for 5 straight years, that's tough to do when 16 out of 21 teams make it. The final year they sold well but it didn't matter, they were bought to be moved by the new owner. He actually moved out of Hartford before he had a place to move to.
Thanks.

Reaction Score

For those of you hoping the Texan who is buying majority control if the Whale (I REFUSE to call them the Hurricanes)..he will own 52% with option to buy the remaining 48% ...Bettman is instituting his will again. This sale should take care of the pending legal action Scumbag has against him by his children for using trust $$ as a personal bank account

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CANTLON’S CORNER: XL CENTER FUTURE TO BE DECIDED IN 2018? | HOWLINGS

Sorry to disappoint any non-WP fans. :D

upload_2017-12-8_12-45-16.png

Reaction Score
Last sentence is pretty telling to me.

Best case scenario would be MSG (or someone with deep pockets) buying the building and investing a ton of money into it. Worst case scenario would be the building getting torn down and turned into a parking lot.

Reaction Score
Best case scenario would be MSG (or someone with deep pockets) buying the building and investing a ton of money into it. Worst case scenario would be the building getting torn down and turned into a parking lot.
Don’t hold your breath about Dolan buying that place.

Reaction Score
Why is so much money being asked for the upgrades? What is wrong with the building? Are there structural / safety issues?

Malloy Will Propose $250 Million Renovation of XL Center

I read the above. It looks like $250M is to get it to a standard to attract a NHL team. Why spend the money unless you have the NHL commitment first? Can't it just run as is, without the latest in amenities?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don’t hold your breath about Dolan buying that place.

I don't hold my breathe for anything that concerns Hartford or even Connecticut for that matter. Knowing our luck, it'll probably be torn down. Just don't hold your breathe about the Failers coming back. haha

Reaction Score
Why spend the money unless you have the NHL commitment first?

Exactly! There is no point in spending that kind of money without NHL commitment. It's not like the state has that kind of money to begin with. Hartford isn't even on the NHL's radar. Seattle, Quebec City, and Houston have a better shot at landing NHL franchises before Hartford does.

Reaction Score
I don't hold my breathe for anything that concerns Hartford or even Connecticut for that matter. Knowing our luck, it'll probably be torn down. Just don't hold your breathe about the Failers coming back. haha
Trust me I’ve moved on from them a LONG time ago! I work about 15 block from MSG...I’ve been a Ranger fan since 1997.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom