COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 29 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. When folks here are saying they got a booster are they saying they went and got a third shot pretending they didn't get the first two? A DIY booster? Besides the fraud, that's not the way the vaccine works does it?

Reaction Score
'How does it work? Home kit, or go to a lab?

On-site / appointment based. Results within about a day. $10 is worth it in my opinion to get a baseline of where you are.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Did you do this? If yes, which vaccine and any side effects? How did the side effects compare to the 2nd shot? I am considering doing this but waiting until Oct/Nov. I’d like to send my mom also.
Yes. Got my first shot at my wife’s work same time she did. Same with second two weeks later (Pfizer), a private company did the shots. Got my “booster”, also Pfizer, a few weeks ago at a state run mobile clinic (six months after my second dose).

Effects from third shot were similar to second, but like 60 percent less severe and shorter in duration.

JonnyRI

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. When folks here are saying they got a booster are they saying they went and got a third shot pretending they didn't get the first two? A DIY booster? Besides the fraud, that's not the way the vaccine works does it?
Yes. A DIY booster, the same exact thing they are doing in many other counties right now (Europe, Israel). If that’s a crime so be it, I feel did nothing morally wrong and am fine with that. Would have gladly paid out of pocket if that was an option but it ain’t.

from what I have seen less than ideal but better than doing nothing based on declining efficacy. But ain’t a doctor.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
On-site / appointment based. Results within about a day. $10 is worth it in my opinion to get a baseline of where you are.

Registered and I was sent to the link I originally posted. What I don't understand is the fee. It looks like the vaccine - If you have insurance they have to pay, otherwise the gov pays.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Registered and I was sent to the link I originally posted. What I don't understand is the fee. I looks like the vaccine - If you have insurance they have to pay, otherwise the gov pays.
I’d like to know if its a baseline number or pass/fail? Good luck!!

Reaction Score
I got the second Moderna shot back in May. First shot made my arm hurt a lot more than the second. I’m 44 and had no issues after either shot. Didn’t even feel tired. I’m not interested in getting any boosters. I thought the vaccines would be ineffective from the start. This virus adapts constantly and the vaccines won’t work. Corona is never leaving us and eventually will get a hell of a lot more dangerous.

Reaction Score
Masks are back. I was out at a store today and almost everyone was masked. I got my 2nd shot on 2/3. Starting to think a booster might by nice soon.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Masks are back. I was out at a store today and almost everyone was masked. I got my 2nd shot on 2/3. Starting to think a booster might by nice soon.
Not here in South Carolina. I would estimate less than 5% of people are wearing masks indoors.

Reaction Score
Already got an email that my school in central MA is fully masked up regardless of vaccination status until further notice. No surprise.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Flying up to CT tonight. I never get lucky and get on flights with fights over masks.

Reaction Score
Flying up to CT tonight. I never get lucky and get on flights with fights over masks.
Really? How'd it go down?

I've flown twice this summer and had no issues on either flight, thank goodness.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Got the first shingles shot (Like COVID it's a two dose regimen) yesterday and it's worse than the Pfizer I got months ago. Arm hurts like hell, similar to the typhoid shots I got back in the day. Then again I hear shingles hurts a whole bunch worse.

JonnyRI

Reaction Score
Not here in South Carolina. I would estimate less than 5% of people are wearing masks indoors.
Edit - meant to reply UCTitletown.

Wish I shopped where you did. In RI maybe 15 percent are wearing masks, and that’s probably high.
Doesn’t make you feel good knowing double that number of adults still aren’t vaccinated.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Got the first shingles shot (Like COVID it's a two dose regimen) yesterday and it's worse than the Pfizer I got months ago. Arm hurts like hell, similar to the typhoid shots I got back in the day. Then again I hear shingles hurts a whole bunch worse.
Could not agree more. Second shingles shot was only slightly better. No real symptoms, just an inflamed and really painful arm for a week.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Really? How'd it go down?

I've flown twice this summer and had no issues on either flight, thank goodness.

Word fail on my part.

I meant I'm never lucky enough to get on flights with fights. Mine are always normal.

Still mad that guys over the age of 12 think flying in flip flops and tank tops is acceptable. I'd much rather be near someone with 'rona on a flight than dudes who looked like they walked off the beach and on to a plane.

Reaction Score
I got my shingles shots 5 years ago. I had chicken pox as a kid and I am no kid now, and I heard that shingles causes severe pain for maybe 2 months.

I also got a Rubella shot for measles because I never had measles. First, you get a blood test to see if you have immunity to measles. If the test shows no immunity, then they give the shot.

Reaction Score
I received my second shot 2 weeks ago. Took some time to get it. I wasn't self entered as one stated above. It was keep an eye out on what is happening. First, I am 70, and a lite diabetic. When this first started I was labeled prime target for COVD. Well nothing happened. I did follow the rules. Store said mask, I masked. For many years I take vitamins, natural herbs, and pills or liquid to build up immune system. So, happy to say that any type of illness have been rare if not zero. I live in Savannah now where my son is. Weeks ago he asked me if I was vaccinated. I said no. Then he said, "Dad I know you, you love to travel, and if you are intending to do that, you need to be vaccinated." I thought, he is right so I did it. My. plans for Atlantis are in the works.
I DO NOT IN ANY WAY blame the unvaccinated for all our problems. It is a personal choice. I respect that. In conversations I have had with people I know explained to me why they will not get it, as of now. All the reasons I have heard had zero to do with being self-centered or having a huge ego. I read this morning of some of the after effects of the shot. One was DVT. Gee, what a coincident, I went to the ER almost two weeks ago for a superficial blood clot. Which at first was thought of DVT. So, in ending, let's leave people alone. I don't anybody has a handle on it 100% yet. If you mask, you can still get it, if you are vaccinated you still can get it. Rules are changing and higher ups are looking for an excuse. So, I wish everyone good health. You know yourself best.

I can also make the personal choice to poop on the sidewalk in the middle of New York City or drive 150mph on the highway. Just because you make the personal choice to do something doesn't make it immediately not a "problem." What you're saying makes no sense. It isn't close to a valid argument. Unvaccinated people are clearly a problem right now. Have you seen Florida? Mississippi? If 100% of those states were vaccinated we wouldn't have a problem. But now Mississippi is begging for help because they have no hospital beds left.

Sir, you do realize, what 99.6% of people dying from covid-19 are unvaccinated? And that wearing a mask or being vaccinated greatly reduces the risk of getting it? Of course, you COULD get covid even if you mask and vax, the point is that you stand WAY less of a chance if you do vax and mask. And then we wouldn't have full hospital beds, or this delta variant going rampant.

I am shocked by the level of dumb apparent on this board sometimes. How do you all go through life like this?

I feel NO sympathy for people who just didn't bother to get the vaccine, even if they're not strictly anti-vaxxers. And I feel heartbroken for those who were unable to get a vax because of preexisting conditions that are now sick because of the assclowns who refused to get a shot like a big boy.

Maybe I'm heartless, but I say that ANYONE who had no reason not to get the vaccine like a preexisting condition sitting in an emergency room bed can be left in the street to die. Dump them out there and tell their families to figure out what to do with them. Put them in the park and let their families watch them die in pain. Put it all over the news--show the bodies and what the consequences are for believing lies. Save the beds for those who COULDN'T get the vaccine and are suffering because of their stubborness, laziness, or stupidity. Not sorry about it.

My father refuses to get vaccinated. If he gets sick and they run out of hospital beds, he deserves to be put on the street. I love him, but it's only fair.

Trust science or die. It shouldn't be up to the general public to foot the bill because people refuse to believe experts. Not our problem any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Already got an email that my school in central MA is fully masked up regardless of vaccination status until further notice. No surprise.
Same, and I have a similar sentiment. Our school (private) is also asking for negative PCR tests before returning school. I have mine scheduled for Monday as I have to return the following Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom