COVID Vaccination | Page 5 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm 55+, and on Tues, I managed to get an appointment directly with Yale-NH (www.ynhhs.org) for next Wed for the J&J vaccine. If I could pick, I have a slight preference for the Moderna or Pfizer because I feel like they are further along in creating boosters for the new strains. So, I've been continuing to look for other appointments. But if I don't find something soon, I'll take the J&J vaccine.

VAMS has been largely useless. I've only seen a couple of slots on there in five days of looking so far, and those were in late April or early May. I've been checking everywhere on the west side of the state. There have been lots of cases where the software falsely shows appointments available at different clinics only to click through and have nothing actually be available. In most cases, it does tell you which vaccine is being administered at the sites.

I've also been trying online with CVS and Walgreens, but I have yet to see any openings. And I'm looking on Stamford Health. Today they had one appointment open in early April, but there was no indication of which vaccine, so I skipped it.

Friends have had success by calling the state/VAMS hotline to get appointments and through our town's Health Dept who will call you to set an appointment based on the order of registration with them. They've placed people in a clinic run here in our town or in surrounding towns. I haven't heard back from them yet myself.

Good luck to all that are eligible. I'll report back on any side effects of whatever I get.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So they just bumped 45 to 54 year olds in Connecticut up to this Friday, March 19th.

What is the latest conventional wisdom on the best method to schedule appointments?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
So they just bumped 45 to 54 year olds in Connecticut up to this Friday, March 19th.

What is the latest conventional wisdom on the best method to schedule appointments?
And everyone can get it April 5!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I am 56 and became eligible to get the vaccine today. The earliest scheduled appointment through the VAMS website is May 5th. You can't log into the Hartford Healthcare website to schedule an appointment (it gives you an error code), and CVS and Walmart and Uconn says there are all booked.

The Walgreen's website shows they have appointments for this week for the first shot, but then says it cannot schedule your second shot so it won't book your first appointment????? None of the phone numbers anywhere work.

Anybody have any luck getting an earlier appointment of any tips or tricks to do it?
Just had my first shot 5 min ago. Went on CVS site Friday and got an appointment for today. Just keep trying you will get an appt.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

My wife and I lined up appointments through the CDC site, VAMS, for first injection on 3/30. Within a week we were both able to schedule a first shot by 3/10 at CVS, just get on their website around 6 am each morning and keep refreshing for slots to open.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My wife and I lined up appointments through the CDC site, VAMS, for first injection on 3/30. Within a week we were both able to schedule a first shot by 3/10 at CVS, just get on their website around 6 am each morning and keep refreshing for slots to open.
Which shots is CVS doing?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Which shots is CVS doing?
We got Pfizer, and second shot is scheduled when you make the first appointment. Each day though, there may be different brews at each pharmacy depending on shipping schedules. Original CDC shots were Moderna. I know somebody who got J & J at a CVS.

Reaction Score
Glad to see they're opening the vaccine up to everyone in just three weeks. Let's get the ball rolling for real and get shots in arms!

Reaction Score
I got the JnJ through work.

Sick as a dog for almost exactly 24 hours. 102 fever. Couldn't get out of bed. It was horrible.

Reaction Score
I got the JnJ through work.

Sick as a dog for almost exactly 24 hours. 102 fever. Couldn't get out of bed. It was horrible.
My neighbor was the same way with J&J, got my first Pfizer yesterday.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I only thought these side effects would occur with the moderna or Pfizer vaccines, not j&j. Ok this is good to know.

Reaction Score
I only thought these side effects would occur with the moderna or Pfizer vaccines, not j&j. Ok this is good to know.

I seem to be getting it worse than my colleagues. I'm also a teacher so I may just have an immune system that kicks back like a pissed off horse.

Still happy I got the JnJ... much less of a hassle than having to go twice.

Reaction Score
The difference from the experience of family and friends with Pfizer and Moderna it tends to be after the 2nd

Reaction Score
Anyone have any info on whether travel to Europe will open up by the summer?

I know Greece is looking like they'll open soon.

Reaction Score
I seem to be getting it worse than my colleagues. I'm also a teacher so I may just have an immune system that kicks back like a pissed off horse.

Still happy I got the JnJ... much less of a hassle than having to go twice.
I'd rather react than not. Curious how I will handle the 2nd after being a school nurse for 26 years being exposed to everything under the sun and only getting the flu once (after the 1st time I got the flu shot) and never anything else more than a cold.

Reaction Score

Idk but we’re ready for a European trip too!

Reaction Score

Think it depends on the country. I am supposed to travel to Czech Republic in July for a music festival that was canceled last July, but they are still shut down so not sure if it will be canceled again this year.

Reaction Score
Idk but we’re ready for a European trip too!

Where are you thinking?

I'd love to take my mom to the village her parents immigrated from in Italy before she gets too old to travel for a couple weeks. I had a 6-week trip to a few counties in Africa all lined up last summer, but opted against planning again. I think I'd probably rather go somewhere with pretty established infrastructure right after things open up again.

Reaction Score
Where are you thinking?

I'd love to take my mom to the village her parents immigrated from in Italy before she gets too old to travel for a couple weeks. I had a 6-week trip to a few counties in Africa all lined up last summer, but opted against planning again. I think I'd probably rather go somewhere with pretty established infrastructure right after things open up again.
Friend of mine was pitching Croatia which we would be all in for that.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I talked to someone on a work call today who got the J&J and he said he was totally out of commission - fever, aches & pains - for 24 hrs.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I talked to someone on a work call today who got the J&J and he said he was totally out of commission - fever, aches & pains - for 24 hrs.
Finished the second Pfizer on Friday, sore arm was about it.
Stand by my uneducated totally based on anecdote hypothesis: reaction is based on previous exposure. Going on the assumption that the plurality of COVID cases are asymptomatic, so many never knew they got it. Of the people in our lab, the frau and a postdoc had COVID and had the worst reactions to the vaccine. The others working in the lab had various reactions depending on their location in the lab (proximity to infected postdoc). Since I never interacted with that person and was able to avoid infection at home my response was mild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom