COVID Impact On UConn Sports Budget | The Boneyard

COVID Impact On UConn Sports Budget

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A chat with Dave Benedict about the uncertainties and more.

“It’s particularly difficult because we are getting probably the max that we can in terms of university support," Benedict said, "so whether it be additional expenses or a lack of revenue, either of those things would have an impact on us. We’re looking at all aspects of the operation to see how we tighten the belt and do without in certain ways.”

Reaction Score
Maybe this will finally be the push for universities to stop the arms race if not get out of the sports business entirely. Hard choices will have to be made since most schools are propped up by tax dollars in some way. With tax revenue being way down, I don't see how anything not deemed essential can continue on at least in the short term.

Reaction Score
I wrote last week that College football drives all other sports in college. I suspect that Coaches will be asked to take a huge pay cuts and scholarships cut and travel cut severely [ ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I wrote last week that College football drives all other sports in college. I suspect that Coaches will be asked to take a huge pay cuts and scholarships cut and travel cut severely [ ]

And you will see non-revenue teams cut.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom