Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just about wraps it up...
upload_2014-12-23_14-10-19.jpeg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Oh, that's rich. SNY carrying UCONN to cater to the #30 DMA and not its own #1 DMA. Hartford/New Haven is a good size market in the grand scheme of things, but it is no New York City. SNY is a New York channel for New York viewers. To suggest otherwise is completely insane.

If that logic is followed, can we expect SNY to begin to air Sixers games to expand into Philly? Maybe YES can air Flyers games for the same reason. The Mets are probably a lost cause for the coveted Connecticut market...better switch to carrying either Yankees or Red Sox games.

The people post. Wow.

Reaction Score
Buck up, hillbilly.

I'm sure Florida State broadcasts are well-received in nearly every household in Leon County.

Or at least the ones wired for cable.

Billy Budd was, of course, a northeastern guy. Maybe a nautical version of a hillbilly, I guess.

The market around Tallahassee is indeed tiny....no nearby major metro area in any direction for 100s of miles.

Cable? Who needs stinkin' cable. The whole population can watch the games standing in front of the TV's at Best Buy and Costco (and for the declasse, Walmart).

Who needs a DMA? The Noles were featured in half of the Top 10 most watched games on TV this season....I guess, nationally, folks don't have to crowd the aisles at Walmart to watch the games.

Reaction Score
So....a network in New York builds a studio in New York and then broadcasts in New York in the hopes of spreading that broadcast into a different market? All righty, sport.

I live in New York. It's part of my basic cable package, but that's a darned nice try, troll.

Come clean.

Boston College? That'd be my wager.

Signed up right after UConn pinged BC in hockey - that must have wadded up your undies.

Paranoid much?

Reaction Score
If you are a UConn guy....you don't ask for whom the bell tolls.

Reaction Score
I'm actually a UConn fan but I don't believe in spreading fantasy in the hopes that people believe it's true. UConn is on SNY so that network can spread into Connecticut, not the other way around. It's wishful thinking that there is a significant Huskies fanbase in New York.

The uconn fan base is so strong in New York that the Uconn women knock the Syracuse men off the channel when going head to head. Think about that one.

Reaction Score
Basketball? Yes, UCONN does well with NYC DMA viewership.

Football? Not at all. Horrible, in fact.

Uconn football doesn't do well, and neither does Rutgers. outside of ND and PSU no one does well (I.e above a 3 rating).

Reaction Score
Paranoid much?

I must use "paranoid" differently than you. I don't use it to mean "showed ridiculous logical flaws in my statement."

You recognize I hope that SNY has the technology to show UConn only on Connecticut cable systems and show something else in NY. So your theory is they show it in NY where nobody watches it because they like not being able to generate ad revenue?

Go away.

Reaction Score
Not photo shopped, took this picture on the PATH train from Hoboken NJ to Herald Square in Manhattan on my way to check into a hotel the afternoon of the 2014 NCAA Championship game. My heart would like to thank my wife for letting me go out for the night and have a blast, my liver, not quite so happy.

Attachments

• 2014 Spring - UConn, PATH billboard.jpg
    2014 Spring - UConn, PATH billboard.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 90
Reaction Score
I must use "paranoid" differently than you. I don't use it to mean "showed ridiculous logical flaws in my statement."

You recognize I hope that SNY has the technology to show UConn only on Connecticut cable systems and show something else in NY. So your theory is they show it in NY where nobody watches it because they like not being able to generate ad revenue?

Go away.

Your first paragraph makes no sense and I never said what you're saying my theory is. SNY bought UConn rights so the network could expand in Connecticut. The UConn fanbase in New York City is totally negligible to any advertiser!

pj

Reaction Score
Your first paragraph makes no sense and I never said what you're saying my theory is. SNY bought UConn rights so the network could expand in Connecticut. The UConn fanbase in New York City is totally negligible to any advertiser!

SNY bought UConn's rights because they are exceptionally valuable in Connecticut ... but they telecast UConn in NYC because UConn games have more value in NYC than any other content they could show in that time slot.

So the UConn fanbase in NYC cannot be totally negligible, unless all possible SNY content is of negligible worth.

Reaction Score
That confirms my hatred from
Uconn football doesn't do well, and neither does Rutgers. outside of ND and PSU no one does well (I.e above a 3 rating).
Cue up Liza Minelli...
Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York
You stole my Post from a couple of days ago ,you old Swamprat , that's the song our AD should be singing to the B12,over and over.
If Connecticut isn't playing the New York City Card for all its worth they should all be fired.
PS Florida sucks ,AZ rules . The humidity there would kill me. Plus your highest peak is about 345 ft. If global warming is true FLA will be smaller than CT.In AZ I can play 18 holes of golf in the morning and be skiing by lunch.
Then cook out in my backyard for dinner.
Personally I would pass up the skiing for an afternoon nap before grilling some steaks. I can see all the snow I want from the 18th fairway 30 miles away in the Superstion Mountains , I love it here but I do spend half the Summer in Connecticut. The only downside is this snowbird infestation , especially from North of the Border but you guys have the same problem.

Reaction Score
Not to pump the brakes on your trolling, but this was a televised broadcast.

We didn't have to travel because SNY, (that's SportsNewYork), puts on a nice UConn pregame studio show, shows the game and then wraps it up with a nice UConn postgame studio show.

They would do the same for whatever sorry-ass program you root for, but perhaps there's just not the interest.

(Insert sad trombone music.)
I think he's being facetious.

Reaction Score
SNY bought UConn's rights because they are exceptionally valuable in Connecticut ... but they telecast UConn in NYC because UConn games have more value in NYC than any other content they could show in that time slot.

So the UConn fanbase in NYC cannot be totally negligible, unless all possible SNY content is of negligible worth.

I agree with this. Pardon my exaggeration.

Reaction Score

If it's totally negligible then Syracuse and the other schools gave infinitesimal interest, since they get preempted.

Tranghese said Uconn is the school that "moves the needle" in NYC.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. Pardon my exaggeration.

You didn't exaggerate. You flat out misspoke. Of course SNY had a strategy, for its CT market, of using UConn to sell the Mets in CT. That proves that UConn has value in CT. But no one was arguing with you that it didn't.

If a program has literally (and I may be the only person in America still using that word correctly) all of its football and mens basketball games (and I won't even point out that it's all of our women's games as well) that are not locked into a national contract broadcast into ALL of Metro New York on a New York cable station (be it MSG, Yes or SNY), how can that not tell you that their games have value in New York?

So either you're a 10 year old who hasn't developed intellectually yet, in which case I apologize for attacking you but please remind your mommy not to let you play with grown ups unsupervised, or you're an idiot, or you're a troll. (I should recognize that they are not mutually exclusive).

I was right the first time. Go away.

Reaction Score
You didn't exaggerate. You flat out misspoke. Of course SNY had a strategy, for its CT market, of using UConn to sell the Mets in CT. That proves that UConn has value in CT. But no one was arguing with you that it didn't.

If a program has literally (and I may be the only person in America still using that word correctly) all of its football and mens basketball games (and I won't even point out that it's all of our women's games as well) that are not locked into a national contract broadcast into ALL of Metro New York on a New York cable station (be it MSG, Yes or SNY), how can that not tell you that their games have value in New York?

So either you're a 10 year old who hasn't developed intellectually yet, in which case I apologize for attacking you but please remind your mommy not to let you play with grown ups unsupervised, or you're an idiot, or you're a troll. (I should recognize that they are not mutually exclusive).

I was right the first time. Go away.

So.....if you're IceBus right now it's a pretty **y morning......

Ouch!

Reaction Score
I can not like this enough every time someone posts this. This alone should get us in a P5 if it is about TV eyeballs.
quotes like this from that syracuse board..."what a ing joke. would love to know who at sny makes this decision. new york's college team or a women's team from connecticut, unbelievable."...pretty much make it clear which program is truly "NY's team." Denial aint just a river in Egypt. Great stuff.

Reaction Score
Not photo shopped, took this picture on the PATH train from Hoboken NJ to Herald Square in Manhattan on my way to check into a hotel the afternoon of the 2014 NCAA Championship game. My heart would like to thank my wife for letting me go out for the night and have a blast, my liver, not quite so happy.

These are on metro north also.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm in about the holiday spirit you would expect, being in my office (which is 90% empty) trying to get a deal signed up when I'm being tortured by the other side and don't know that it will happen.

Merry duck*ing Xmas.

Hope it worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member