Courtney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
She must be making something fairly complicated
It's a 19 row pattern repeat, whatever that is. I understand if you get off by one stitch, depending on how late you discover it, it can be catastrophic.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's funny - when I was a young teenager, I used to sit and watch football and baseball on TV with my step-father while my three brothers were never much interested in sports. I guess they were kinda Red Sox fans but since my mom was from Massachusetts, rooting for Boston teams was obligatory in our house. This is the same mom who told me she used to scream, "Red ice, red ice" (as in, bloody ice) at Bruins games . I watch most sports, even curling, which I learned to enjoy while going to college 20 miles south of the Canadian border in New York state. Not so much the NBA as I prefer college ball but I do keep an eye on the UConn alums.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I

I know you’re wondering at this point what drew me to this woman in the first place, but, in my defense, she was unbelievably hot, and, when I overheard her talking about things like PBS Specials with her friends, I naively assumed she was referring to pre-baseball season programming dedicated to analyzing upcoming campaigns in the American League East!

?

If she's still hot (and I'm not talking about hot flashes like my wife is experiencing), I''m sure you could get a couple of volunteers from The Boneyard to enjoy handicrafts with her at game time so you can watch live.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
It's a 19 row pattern repeat, whatever that is. I understand if you get off by one stitch, depending on how late you discover it, it can be catastrophic.
I remember getting a bad stitch in a Cross Country race back in the day. It was catastrophic.

Reaction Score
I was beginning to think your wife's name is Courtney. My wife is the definition of competitive sports are useless, and double that when they are televised. I have 3 kids (sons, but these days, girls play on organized teams every bit as much as boys). I will grant that she occasionally dragged herself to one of their LL games or hoop games, but always with a book in hand. I would have to tell her when to look up and cheer. My middle son is the real jock. and kept playing in hs hoops and baseball. I think the books she read got more into the games than she.

That son, by the way, kept playing both sports in pretty competitive NYC leagues until last year when he had to have rotator cuff surgery. Luck for him that girls play organized sports these days, because he has two girls and a third girl on the way. The first two are pretty athletic and daredevils. In the meantime, my wife and I were social friends of Rebecca Lobo's parents, her mom sadly passed away a few years ago. My wife taught with Ruthann and they were good friends. No matter, my wife just isn't a sports fan. We went with them to a Suns game when Rebecca was playing for them, so at least when we got to go to the outer locker area after the game, my wife didn't have to ask which one was Rebecca because she pretended to watch the whole game.

Meanwhile, I forgot to record last night's game and we were busy with other stuff. I turned it on with about 4 minutes left, and got to see Courtney's last hoop.

COHEN (and others): I think more than 4 in 7 get divorced these days. You do have options. Just food for thought. :rolleyes:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
COHEN (and others): I think more than 4 in 7 get divorced these days. You do have options. Just food for thought. :rolleyes:

There's an old joke about the couple, both in their 90s, and married for 70 years, who appeared before the judge to seek a divorce. The judge didn't know quite what to make of them and said "I don't know, after 70 years, you'd better have a good reason. What's yours?" he asked the old woman.

"He's a philandering drunk, disappears for weeks at a time, and watches UCONN SPORTS CONSTANTLY" ed. note - that's not in the original story.

"Hmm, seems serious, especially the UConn thing," the judge said before turning to the man for his tale of woe.

"Well, your honor, she's a shrew of the worst sort. Always critical, mean and nasty, been that way since the awful honeymoon, NOT TO MENTION SHE ALWAYS TRIES TO WATCH THAT DAMN BACHELOR SHOW WHEN I HAVE THE HUSKIES ON" Ed. note - that's only in the BY version of the story.

"I see" said the judge, shaking his head at such UConn perfidy, "well, it seems like you two should have divorced long ago. Please, tell me why you it took so long"

In unison they replied. "We wanted to wait until the kids were dead."

Please, don't shoot the messenger and remember, this is a thread about Courtney showing her stuff.

Reaction Score
Ouch. Yeah, don't bother her while she's working on that if you value your life.

Reaction Score
COHEN: wonderful response - good for you and your editorial notes made your good thing even better.

Reaction Score
Thought Courtney acquitted herself nicely…which is the only observation I wanted to share in the first place! Anyone agree?
Yes! Her best game by far. Hope she keeps building on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom