Court stormings | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Court stormings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Those of you saying he didn’t try too hard to get off are living in your own world. He would have had to be the Flash to get away from that.
Those Wake fans were the fastest stormers I have ever seen. What a surge. No security was stopping that.
Not surprised there was carnage.

Reaction Score
Not good. Hope hes not seriously injured. Fans should wait till the opposing team is off the court before they can storm the court.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't want it to go away because it's great for fans and it showcases the excitement of college basketball (it looks awesome on TV) but you gotta protect the players. Do it like Creighton did it the other night, line both sides with security and allow the players to get off the court.
I have to say, Creighton did do a nice job with that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you want to make the case against court stormings, Duke's big man spraining his ankle is not it. The possibility of a serious injury or a fight breaking out might get me to ban it, but Scheyer whining about it after he designed a play for his seven footer to be as far away from the tunnel as possible - with zero shot of winning the game - is just music to my ears. These things by definition are never neat and orderly, so if you have to wait until 20 minutes after the buzzer to do it, you might as well not.

Scheyer's facial expressions made it all worth while.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If you want to make the case against court stormings, Duke's big man spraining his ankle is not it. The possibility of a serious injury or a fight breaking out might get me to ban it, but Scheyer whining about it after he designed a play for his seven footer to be as far away from the tunnel as possible - with zero shot of winning the game - is just music to my ears. These things by definition are never neat and orderly, so if you have to wait until 20 minutes after the buzzer to do it, you might as well not.

Well take the name DUKE out of the story and just imagine ANY player getting badly hurt due to this stupidity. Caitlin Clarke got decked a few weeks ago during a storming and fortunately wasn't hurt. It was a kid holding a phone up and recording while they were running. The phone crap is part of why it's become so dangerous. As with driving or walking many people aren't watching where they are going while recording. That wasn't a factor years ago. Just put a stop to it altogether.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Put me on record of Filipowski won't miss any playing time.
Understand The Good Doctor GIF by ABC Network

"Okay. Chin Diesel says he'll play. Gonna write that down."

Reaction Score
Im in the camp court storming is something that makes cbb special. The sport already had a marketing problem why take this away?? The two “incidents” this year: one was a clear flop, and the other was a potential flop without the team/player making a real effort to avoid the issue. You know they’re storming the court. Seems like the losing team is bitter and looking to make issue of the court storm. . Neither were really injured. Put in some basic guidelines and move on.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I watched it a couple times and what I see is the WF fan was sprinting down the court looking to his right, up into the stands, while holding a phone to his left ear when he made contact with Flip. My take is that the fan wasn't watching where he was going and had no idea he was about to make contact with a player. Poor form.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As it was Duke that this happened to, I'm very confident that the NCAA will quickly ser rules in place to severely punish court storming.

Reaction Score
It was a quick run by, taunt and push of Filipowski by that student as the herd stampeded. Not premeditated, but the kid is guilty especially with the taunt. Wonder the liability of the student and the school.

Reaction Score
It all just happened so fast addrenaline is flowing, and your judgement is off. Flipowski was trying to brace himself, unfortunately he stood straight up when he probably should’ve gotten lower. Just totally avoidable to not run into him.

Reaction Score
It was a quick run by, taunt and push of Filipowski by that student as the herd stampeded. Not premeditated, but the kid is guilty especially with the taunt. Wonder the liability of the student and the school.

The student was the one who acted with forethought by running onto the court. My guess is the student who made contact with Flipowski (student was running blind, apparently paying attention to the crowd still in the stands) will likely be banned from ever attending a WF sporting event again, and that would be a step an institution like Wake would take in an effort to ensure it never happens again.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I didn't see any evidence of a taunt, and as I noted in my post above, I don't think the fan even saw Flip until just before he ran into him. I watched it frame-by-frame, the kid's head was turned, was on his phone, and wasn't watching where he was going.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I will also add, Wake and Duke have been rivals forever and until the mid 1980's, there was little separation between the two. Wake should see no need to storm the court after beating Duke.

Reaction Score
I didn't see any evidence of a taunt, and as I noted in my post above, I don't think the fan even saw Flip until just before he ran into him. I watched it frame-by-frame, the kid's head was turned, was on his phone, and wasn't watching where he was going.
The guy in the brown jacket seems to have been a bigger $&@#, clearly pushing him in the back, even if he didn’t actually cause any injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom