Court Storming Question | The Boneyard

Court Storming Question

Reaction Score
The Southeastern Conference has fined LSU $100,000 in connection to fans running onto the court after the Tigers' victory over No. 17 Kentucky, the league announced Thursday.

I know it's the Big East and not Southeastern Conference but how come Creighton didn't get fined for fans storming the court after they beat us? Is there any general policy in court storming and fines in the BE?? Just curious, don't really care one way or the other

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The Southeastern Conference has fined LSU $100,000 in connection to fans running onto the court after the Tigers' victory over No. 17 Kentucky, the league announced Thursday.

I know it's the Big East and not Southeastern Conference but how come Creighton didn't get fined for fans storming the court after they beat us? Is there any general policy in court storming and fines in the BE?? Just curious, don't really care one way or the other

The Creighton security staff handled the storm to perfection by bringing out the border between the hand shake line and the fans.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

I heard it was because Kentucky fans sent a petition to the SEC because the LSU fans did not foot stomp the squid into calamari.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure the Big East Conference has a policy against court storming so perhaps a fine is forthcoming. UConn was fined $5,000 for beating Villanova on 02/22/2022 and storming the court. Maybe the Big East is just more fun than the SEC and charges less for fans having fun.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I loved how the LSU coach posed for selfies. Had a ball. Kids just came up to him nonstop.

Reaction Score
"Of the six major basketball conferences, four fine host schools for a first offense of failure to keep fans off the court. The ACC does not levy fines and the Big Ten waits until a third offense."

"The Big 12 fined UCF $25,000 for a court-storming following an upset of Kansas in a men's game Jan. 10."

"The Southeastern Conference has a multitiered fine for field or court-storming: $100,000 for the first offense, $250,000 for the second and $500,000 for subsequent offenses. The policy began with the 2023-24 season, with all schools starting with a clean slate."

"The Pac-12 issues fines of $25,000 for a first offense, $50,000 for the second and $100,000 for the third. The Big East fines schools $5,000."

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
People are such complainers. Court storming is awesome.
It's one thing to storm the court when you've defeated the #1 for the first time.

Storming the court for beating #17? C'mon.

Anyway, I was impressed that the handshake line at our game looked to proceed as normal and there seemed no panic to run out of the gym. Creighton did a nice job protecting the players/coaches.

Reaction Score
It's one thing to storm the court when you've defeated the #1 for the first time.

Anyway, I was impressed that the handshake line at our game looked to proceed as normal and there seemed no panic to run out of the gym. Creighton did a nice job protecting the players/coaches.
...and protecting the fans from Hurley!

Reaction Score
When the opposing team storms the court because they beat you, it says a lot of good things about your program. We’re at the top, we shouldn’t storm the court under any circumstance. Been there, done that.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The norms of court storming have changed. It used to be you only did it when you beat the number 1 team (at home obviously). And lame duck number 1's didn't count. I don't think UConn stormed the court when we beat that lame duck Texas #1 team awhile ago. Nowadays it's like kids storm the court for anything.

I did not like that our students stormed the court vs. Nova that year. However, I understand that many of them are too young to realize that we are a better and more storied program than Nova. A college kid today might think that Nova is a better program than us, if they've only watched college hoops for 10 years. Additionally, that win was our "over the hump" win. It was that win that made us officially back in my opinion. We knew we could beat anyone after that. Plus, covid had us locked up for so long that people were just ready to let it rip. So whatever.

As soon as I realized that we were going to lose the other night, all I could think was "please get off the court and out of the way ASAP." And as much as I am starting to dislike Creighton, there's something fun about watching other people have fun. I was oddly happy for their fans and the players who were all reveling in the moment. A great night to be a fan and home team. That being said, it was their Super Bowl. Do it in March you losers.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I don't think UConn stormed the court when we beat that lame duck Texas #1 team awhile ago. Nowadays it's like kids storm the court for anything.
We unfortunately did storm against #1 Texas, who also lost earlier in that week and had the court stormed on them.

Reaction Score

That was my first thought. If you beat # 1 and you’re not ranked top 10, then I can’t complain about storming the court. At the same time though, if you don’t have a legitimate reason to storm the court and your fan base does it anyways; it should go down as a historical embarrassment for the university. I would also support negating the win as well. It’s a time honored college basketball tradition that fans have seen clips of for generations. It’s something all those fans will always remember. It makes me sick to my stomach but it’s fair game.

The only exceptions to beating #1 should be a very short list. I wouldn’t blame purists if they felt it’s the only thing that should be on it. I do think a historically bad or small school beating a top 10 for the first time or a major rival (depending on the situation) would be understandable.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I do think a historically bad or small school beating a top 10 for the first time or a major rival (depending on the situation) would be understandable.
And then you have Providence storming the court against our 19th ranked team in 2010.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom