Courant: For UConn Coach Kevin Ollie, Social Media Remains Off Limits During Season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Courant: For UConn Coach Kevin Ollie, Social Media Remains Off Limits During Season

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It hasn't been a happy time for him for a while and he knows it's coming to an end for him as coach. It's not a big deal but there is really no reason for him to comment on this stuff.
When is your next book coming out, Mr. Wolff?

Reaction Score
Ollie is a total mental midget when it comes to social media. It would be nice if he spent his Twitter time on something important, like devising his first inbounds play in 6 years.

Reaction Score
You're right, he owes it the fan base to let them harass him without impediment...
That's not quite what I meant. It simply seems like an odd move for a public figure to take. Turning your account private doesn't stop people from tweeting you (unless, of course they're blocked) but it does stop non-approved followers from viewing your posts. It seems like a poor PR move. But, I'd block some of these idiots too. Some of the verbal diarrhea that gets spewed....

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think it's probably a good idea to block people if you're a coach or player. I don't know why you would lie about it, though.

what did he lie about?
Not using social media during the season? How do you know he doesnt have someone in the sports information department handling some of his Twitter management? Do you really think every celebrity, athlete, and politician is the only person managing that personalities twitter account? Some people have TEAMS of people doing it.

again. The usual supsects looking for any little thing to get on KO for. So cute.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I would assume the policy of no social media relates to posting/commenting. So who gives a crap if you got blocked by KO on twitter? That's no badge of honor. No one cares. He's not violating the policy by doing that. He's avoiding negativity... wouldn't you do the same? Probably better to block rather than constantly see or entertain morons on social media.

God this board is pathetic. Feels like a witch hunt to just try to poke holes and find literally anything negative about KO just to pile on to the state of the team right now. Immature and over-reactionary. But that's par for the course here.

Reaction Score
As much as I want to be wrong, I personally believe that this is the happiest the yard and twitter will be for us as we go forward this season.

Reaction Score
All coaches are control freaks. The Boneyard and all message boards (including the 4 guys on UConn Report) would be blown up into tiny pieces never to be put back together again.

Reaction Score
As much as I want to be wrong, I personally believe that this is the happiest the yard and twitter will be for us as we go forward this season.

C'mon, you don't want to be wrong.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Exhibit #384 on why people might get blocked on social media...
Oh very clever Mrs Ollie, you're not foolin anybody:cool:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Geno has the same rules for instagram I believe if not all of social media.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'd block internet stalkers too. Don't say something to someone on-line that you wouldn't be man enough to say in person bitchezz. ;)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The players may not be POSTING on social media but they constantly reading, liking, following, retweeting, etc.

Reaction Score
There is no call to fire KO in the comments section. The freak out is mostly among a few in the BY. The majority of the sober fans knows going with Ollie is the best path forward

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
KO has heard of the BY but has never read the BY.

Yes I asked him....

It is all a mentality getting connected with KO. :) I am all for riding this out and letting things settle a bit into next year.

What do you guys think?

To H with Cobb!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Lets get jiggy wit it!!!!!!!!

He may never have read the BY, but I guarantee you the staff has at some point or the other at the very least.

Reaction Score
There is no call to fire KO in the comments section. The freak out is mostly among a few in the BY. The majority of the sober fans knows going with Ollie is the best path forward
Haha, RIGHT. Twitter is loaded with fans who want KO gone. His highest level of support may actually be on here.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is a story that I really, really don’t care about.

He’s blocking people on Twitter?

Okay. So what?

Not that I care much but thin skin just am little HCKO?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Maybe KO doesn’t want his players or himself reading the newspapers.

I know a former UConn employee who was against newspapers too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom