Courant: For UConn Coach Kevin Ollie, Social Media Remains Off Limits During Season | The Boneyard

Courant: For UConn Coach Kevin Ollie, Social Media Remains Off Limits During Season

Reaction Score
For UConn Coach Kevin Ollie, Social Media Remains Off Limits During Season
“I don’t participate on social media during the season and our team doesn’t,” Ollie said, speaking Monday on a conference call of American Athletic Conference coaches. “People have their own opinions and that’s for them, good or bad, I think there some great things about social media. I tend to stay away from social media because I have to direct my energy toward my team and us getting better.”

Just out of curiosity, who has gotten blocked by KO on Twitter during the regular season?

Reaction Score
“I don’t participate on social media during the season and our team doesn’t,” Ollie said

He might but I doubt the young'uns brought in. Don't care if its Coach K, Izzo or a Higher Power you're not detaching young folks from their small screens.

Reaction Score
“I don’t participate on social media during the season and our team doesn’t,” Ollie said, speaking Monday on a conference call of American Athletic Conference coaches. “People have their own opinions and that’s for them, good or bad, I think there some great things about social media. I tend to stay away from social media because I have to direct my energy toward my team and us getting better.”

Just out of curiosity, who has gotten blocked by KO on Twitter during the regular season?
I did 2 years ago when I requested he show more energy like he did in 2014. He is nowhere near the same HC (personality wise) from 2012-2014.

Reaction Score
KO has heard of the BY but has never read the BY.

Yes I asked him....

It is all a mentality getting connected with KO. :) I am all for riding this out and letting things settle a bit into next year.

What do you guys think?

To H with Cobb!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Lets get jiggy wit it!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
This seems like a new policy. The players were constantly on social media in years past under Ollie

Between this season and last, one can understand why KO wouldn't want them reading fan's opinions.

But yeah, unrealistic policing

Reaction Score
I got blocked after the Wagner/Northeastern last year. He posted something like...I know UConn Nation is behind us and I replied, I will always be True Blue, but I have concerns about March and its October. Blocked

Reaction Score
I got blocked after the Wagner/Northeastern last year. He posted something like...I know UConn Nation is behind us and I replied, I will always be True Blue, but I have concerns about March and its October. Blocked
Very similar to what happened to me.

Is it Ollie or does he delegate things like twitter to some staffer like a lot of busy people do? Or is that mostly politicians who delegate social media?

Reaction Score

I was blocked 2 seasons ago after we blew the big lead to Temple.

Reaction Score
Blatant lie. He blocked me on IG no more than 2 weeks ago.
Most coaches have a combination of managers and staff running their social media accounts so that may be who blocked you

Reaction Score
This seems like a new policy. The players were constantly on social media in years past under Ollie
They're still on social media. Jalen is always liking pictures on instagram. Just looked at his twitter, he’s liked tweets during the season too.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

interesting the courant just picked this up-

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Given how important social media is for recruiting, it is unbelievable how dumb of an idea this is. You need to be connecting with recruits through social media during their season...

Reaction Score
I got blocked by coach after Devin Robinson committed to Florida. I really let him have it. He was one of the first guys I thought was a lock that went elsewhere under the Ollie tenure. The list has grown quite a bit since then...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom