Could there be locker room problems that translate into the game? | The Boneyard

Could there be locker room problems that translate into the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm bringing this up because no one else has (I don't think). C'mon people we saw it since the beginning. AO is angry because of his playing time, Roscoe is angry because of his playing time, Shabazz has called out his team and not himself in post game interviews and now he doesn't get the start tonight, which also may cause for some anger in him. We can't forget the 09 team with the locker room problems that they had. LOOK at this roster that we have. It doesn't make sense of why were not just losing...but playing absolute terrible basketball. Could there be some locker room issues with teammates because of PT, others taking others spots and what not? AO feels jipped because of his monster year last year in the NCAA tourney and now not getting the minutes, Scoe feels jipped and pressured by Calhoun because of his great year and leadership last year and now not getting PT besides his start tonight which obviously didn't translate well. It only takes 1 player most of the time to start a catalyst of an angry locker room. And I only ask this because of the elite team we have now, and the elite team we had in 09 where there were known locker room problems. And the fact that we dont have a leader like Kemba to control these feelings around everyone. Because Jeremy doesn't seem like hes cutting it as the leader. I might just be worrying too much...but its an honest question...

Reaction Score
Could there be locker room problems? Yeah, maybe. But the reason it hasn't been brought up is because none of us are in the locker room. Your post makes a lot of assumptions about how certain players are feeling, but how do you know? Have you spoken with Alex, Roscoe, Shabazz, etc. and is that what they've told you? There's certainly a lack of chemistry on the court, that doesn't mean there are issues between players in the locker room.

That being said, I can't explain the lack of chemistry and poor play either.

Reaction Score
Jeremy shouldn't be expected to be a leader, especially when it comes to emotion and fire. Not in his personality. Asking him to be the leader is like asking Drummond to shoot the foul shots on a technical. That was really a Bazz-Alex role this year, and it hasn't panned out for either of them to this point.

Reaction Score
It seems like the players don't like Bazz. Does anyone else get that vibe?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The most concerning thing to me is what the commentator (not Dickie V) said that sometimes at practice Bazz is very vocal and other times he doesn't say a word.

That's an issue. There's something wrong there.

Maturity is an issue with this team.

Reaction Score
It's as plain as day to me that Shabazz is the main problem. His teammates don't believe in him at all running the point nor should they. He dribbles the whole shot clock and constantly looks off his teammates even turning his back on them when they are open several times. I have no idea whether they like him or not personally but they certainly don't like playing with him right now, I really think Lamb is pissed playing with him, Shabazz constantly looks him off.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They need some sort of team building exercise.

In my office, when things get frayed, we all go to Jersey, bury a drifter near the Meadowlands and then go for waffles. It pulls us all together.

Just a thought.

Reaction Score
I was going to start a thread asking the same question because im interested to see what other people think about that. Looking back on it now that Oriakhi twitter thing was kind of bad, especially when that person claiming to be his sister was getting involved on that other uconn blog site. But once again like what UCDave said we are not in the locker room so we will never know for sure. Right now its just all speculation.

Im not trying to start a conspiracy but I honestly believe there might be something going on that we dont know about. Calhoun has been referencing the body language on the court lately. The team is just not into it this year for some reason. Even JC seems over relaxed during these games.

Reaction Score
I think they all like each other but.... They dont like playing basketball with each other, which is a problem because they are a basketball team.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

In my office, when things get frayed, we all go to Jersey, bury a drifter near the Meadowlands and then go for waffles. It pulls us all together.

Just a thought.

Maybe we could do that with some of the driftwood, fairweather Boneyard posters...that would bring us together, maybe sing some Kumbaya. Maybe that would balance the karma--we used up a boatload of the positive cosmic karma last year and now it's payback time....time for the non-buried ones to buck-up, see what we're made of as fans.

Reaction Score
Winning impacts the locker room more than anything else. The more you lose the worse the locker room becomes.

Reaction Score

Just a thought.

That's a bit extreme Fishy don't you think? I don't think I can force people to do such a thing and look at myself in the mirror the next day. I'm talking about taking my staff to Jersey.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Just a thought.

It's posts like this that cry out for a
Taptalk like button feature.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads