Could be Special 24HRs for Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Could be Special 24HRs for Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Precisely. Perhaps the point I was trying to make was a bit esoteric. The purpose of the NCAA no contact rule is to reduce the spam recruits receive from fans. There is no way their control of the situation extends to the common citizen. If I want to contact recruits and try to convince them to attend a given school, there is nothing the NCAA can do to stop me. The NCAA rules don't trump freedom of speech. What could they do to me? I have no contract with the NCAA. What could they do to the recruit? Are they going to penalize the recruit for the actions of a fan over whom they have no control? No way. If I were a student at Duke and a closet Uconn fan, and pestered high school student Elizabeth Williams to attend would they try to penalize Elizabeth, me, or Duke? I believe that is territory the NCAA would not touch. Perhaps you have examples to the contrary.

Here's my understanding.

1. If you can be construed as a 'booster' of a school--a much easier construction than some might think--directly contacting a recruit of that same school is considered a violation, for which the school or the program can be punished. Not the recruit. Not sure about what they could to to you. Probably nothing. :cool:

2. If you are a booster of UCONN and want to pepper another school's recruit with Twitter messages, I don't believe that there is any violation---as long as UCONN is not also recruiting the same player.

3. In practice, because there seem to be so many violations of this type going on all the time(!), especially on the men's side, the likelihood of enforcement action seems increasingly remote....

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Predictions! Predictions! I seem to recall many predictions made Maya's senior year about winning it all. Everyone knows what happened. Maya ran into this phenom named Skylar from Notre Dame, which ate Maya's lunch. In the process of eating Maya's lunch, and giving Geno the side dishes, Skylar showed Maya that you don't have to take 30 shots to score points. Skylar also showed Maya, as a star player for your team, how to involve your team. Maya tried to do it all by herself, and FAILED, leaving the court in tears. A title was predicted that year, and it never happened. Predictions can be made until the sun becomes the moon. It's best to just wait and see what happens so you don't have to "Eat Crow". By the way, how were those crow sandwiches today at 5:30 p.m.?

Wow. Maybe we should establish a minimum age requirement for posting on this board. Tenn fans have every right to be very pleased about Russell's decisions today but posts like this make it very difficult to feel good for Tenn on landing a top recruit. Posts like this tell me the Tenn fans are still a tad bitter over Maya's decision to choose UConn and the fact that UConn will likely make it to its 6th consecutive Final Four while the Vols will likely fail to make the Final Four for the 5th consecutive year. The Russell commitment may reverse the trend for the Vols so that is something to look forward to. Good luck.

BTW, there were FF and National Championship predictions made for the Stricklen and Johnson class and they couldn't even make it to a Final Four! So, you're correct, it's best to wait and see what happens as Vol fans know better than most.

Reaction Score
Predictions! Predictions! I seem to recall many predictions made Maya's senior year about winning it all. Everyone knows what happened. Maya ran into this phenom named Skylar from Notre Dame, which ate Maya's lunch. In the process of eating Maya's lunch, and giving Geno the side dishes, Skylar showed Maya that you don't have to take 30 shots to score points. Skylar also showed Maya, as a star player for your team, how to involve your team. Maya tried to do it all by herself, and FAILED, leaving the court in tears. A title was predicted that year, and it never happened. Predictions can be made until the sun becomes the moon. It's best to just wait and see what happens so you don't have to "Eat Crow". By the way, how were those crow sandwiches today at 5:30 p.m.?
It's not often we real 'Yarders are treated to such a feast of concentrated ignorance and snarkiness. Do you often manage to reach this level in other areas of your life, or is this a new personal best for you?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, and I guess you seem SO much less like an "obnoxious stalker" as you:
(1) obsess over the tweets from a recruit of the school that's supposedly fading from relevance and you "cannot stand;"
(2) comment on the state of the Summitt posters (erroneously I might add) proving that you're either obsessed enough to join the said pay board or pathetic enough to flat-out lie.

Honestly, it's pretty sad to see the level of obsession some of the BY posters continue to have with the Lady Vols. You guys spend WAY more time discussing TN on your board than the other way around. Perhaps the weirdest aspect of this Lady Vol preoccupation is that the same handful of BY posters that are the most mean-spirited in their disdain for the LVs and quick to claim the program is over are the same ones incessantly scouring the internet for any negative TN news. Do you not see how that completely undermines the arguments that the LV program is no longer relevant?

You guys would be much better served listening to the more level-headed posters here who have asked some of you repeatedly to move the conversation along to worthier topics than trashing the Tennessee program.
That idiot is a Louisville fan posing as a UConn fan to make us all look small and stupid.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You will speak civilly to UConn fans or you'll leave. Your choice.

Reaction Score
As someone that has watched Skylar play for many years, let's see what she has won on non-assembled All-Star teams - 1 State Title her sophomore year in high school. And while this one game Skylar and ND may have won against UConn, what did it win her and her team? Nothing but a chance to go get beaten in the title game. As she did again in 2012, 2009, 2008 and 2006. I am sure Maya is very happy with her two rings in college and would loved to have had a third - but Skylar's now down to her last chance to get ONE and my PREDICTION is that it will not happen and you can take that to the bank.

Maya should thank Tina Charles and Renee Montgomery for those two rings. They helped her get them. Fast forward to her senior year withouth Tina, or Renee, she failed. Regardless of what Skylar may, or may not accomplish, the fact remains for the past two seasons she was the "Husky Killer", or should I say "Husky Whisperer", lol. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Reaction Score
Wow. Maybe we should establish a minimum age requirement for posting on this board. Tenn fans have every right to be very pleased about Russell's decisions today but posts like this make it very difficult to feel good for Tenn on landing a top recruit. Posts like this tell me the Tenn fans are still a tad bitter over Maya's decision to choose UConn and the fact that UConn will likely make it to its 6th consecutive Final Four while the Vols will likely fail to make the Final Four for the 5th consecutive year. The Russell commitment may reverse the trend for the Vols so that is something to look forward to. Good luck.

BTW, there were FF and National Championship predictions made for the Stricklen and Johnson class and they couldn't even make it to a Final Four! So, you're correct, it's best to wait and see what happens as Vol fans know better than most.

Final fours without a ring mean absolutely nothing to me. In the end, you still came up short. I could care less where Maya chose to play college ball. She made her choice, and good for her. Sing another tune. That one is old, maybe about your age.

Reaction Score
It's not often we real 'Yarders are treated to such a feast of concentrated ignorance and snarkiness. Do you often manage to reach this level in other areas of your life, or is this a new personal best for you?

Please! You should be used to a feast of concentrated ignorance and snarkiness, among other things. You log into this board daily, and bam, it hits you dead in the face.

Reaction Score
You will speak civilly to UConn fans or you'll leave. Your choice.

I speak to them the way the speak to me. You are the moderator, do what you have to do. This is me leaving, slamming the door. Goodnight!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Well, double dees, you won't be here for long and either will your posts.

It's obviously what you want to happen.

Enjoy the mediocre season by TN.

Reaction Score
That idiot is a Louisville fan posing as a UConn fan to make us all look small and stupid.
Louisville fan here. Just curious what makes you think that is a Louisville fan posing? Reading the lingo, we don't usually type BY or LV and we generally don't care about the hatred between Uconn and UT as we generally have respect for both programs due to the historical success of both programs.

Reaction Score
I wanted to apologize to the readers for my hotheaded post the other day in this thread. I did not know the poster I replied to was not a UConn fan and I was understandably on a bit of an emotional roller coaster a couple of days ago. I'll revert back to lurking for the time-being and avoid stirring the pot.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So doubledees announces his/her departure (again, I think). Why do some anonymous posters on message boards feel a need to announce their departure? It's not like we'll notice or care. I always laugh to myself when this happens, and we seem to see it on occasion from Tenn fans who post on this board and are challenged. I guess it shows that defense mechanisms (passive/aggressiveness, just to name one) don't disappear even when people are sitting behind a computer and are unknown to their audience.

This may be inhospitable but I'm pleased doubledee won't be back.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
So doubledees announces his/her departure (again, I think). Why do some anonymous posters on message boards feel a need to announce their departure? It's not like we'll notice or care. I always laugh to myself when this happens, and we seem to see it on occasion from Tenn fans who post on this board and are challenged. I guess it shows that defense mechanisms (passive/aggressiveness, just to name one) don't disappear even when people are sitting behind a computer and are unknown to their audience.

Cat, I just wanted you to know that I will not be departing. Maybe that will make you rethink your options. :D

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

After slamming the door it's not really clear if doubledees intended to reopen it but for now the door has been locked.

Reaction Score
@CoachJeffWalz: At 4:30pm I plan to announce where I am going to eat dinner...will it be somewhere downtown, Market Street or a home cooked meal? Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom