Could be Special 24HRs for Louisville | The Boneyard

Could be Special 24HRs for Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCONN345678

L'ville fan in Husky Clothing
Reaction Score
Pulling for Louisville to get Mercedes. I honestly can't stand the Lady Vols fan base. MR is re-tweeting them like flies right now where they are basically begging her to come to Tennessee. They have always come as obnoxious stalkers to me. Leave these 17 year old kids alone and let them make their own decision. I hope it bites them in the ass just like Bria Smith and Emmonnie Henderson.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tweeting, facebooking, or otherwise contacting a high school recruit is utterly pathetic. Happens even more in men's ball and football.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Those on her twitter feed are from both fan bases with many being from students and other bball players, both male and female. Nothing wrong with her peers engaging in twitter fun and wishing her the best.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Still guessing that MR goes to Knoxville. Should be some happy LVs later today.

Hard to tell with Kaela and the continuing soap opera there. She could go anywhere!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Here's a funny tweet from Linnae Harper:

Linnae Harper@OhH_NaeNae
Mercedes going to curb side community college .. I'm proud of ya lol
Retweeted by Mercedes

Reaction Score
Pulling for Louisville to get Mercedes. I honestly can't stand the Lady Vols fan base. MR is re-tweeting them like flies right now where they are basically begging her to come to Tennessee. They have always come as obnoxious stalkers to me. Leave these 17 year old kids alone and let them make their own decision. I hope it bites them in the ass just like Bria Smith and Emmonnie Henderson.

Yes, and I guess you seem SO much less like an "obnoxious stalker" as you:
(1) obsess over the tweets from a recruit of the school that's supposedly fading from relevance and you "cannot stand;"
(2) comment on the state of the Summitt posters (erroneously I might add) proving that you're either obsessed enough to join the said pay board or pathetic enough to flat-out lie.

Honestly, it's pretty sad to see the level of obsession some of the BY posters continue to have with the Lady Vols. You guys spend WAY more time discussing TN on your board than the other way around. Perhaps the weirdest aspect of this Lady Vol preoccupation is that the same handful of BY posters that are the most mean-spirited in their disdain for the LVs and quick to claim the program is over are the same ones incessantly scouring the internet for any negative TN news. Do you not see how that completely undermines the arguments that the LV program is no longer relevant?

You guys would be much better served listening to the more level-headed posters here who have asked some of you repeatedly to move the conversation along to worthier topics than trashing the Tennessee program.

Reaction Score
Clearly to me she will end up at the University of Louisville. The article says that her friend, Alexis Montgomery is announcing her decision right before Russell. The only school they are both looking at is U of L. If this is planned as a joint announcement, they would obviously be going to the same school and the only school on both lists is U of L. However, anything is possible.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Clearly to me she will end up at the University of Louisville. The article says that her friend, Alexis Montgomery is announcing her decision right before Russell. The only school they are both looking at is U of L. If this is planned as a joint announcement, they would obviously be going to the same school and the only school on both lists is U of L. However, anything is possible.
I share your line of thinking. Plus, Mercedes announced her decision date while at Louisville. That would be a slap in the face if she chose otherwise. A few more hours until we know.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Not necessarily some schools organize joint events for all students announcing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
(1) obsess over the tweets from a recruit of the school that's supposedly fading from relevance and you "cannot stand;"
(2) comment on the state of the Summitt posters (erroneously I might add) proving that you're either obsessed enough to join the said pay board or pathetic enough to flat-out lie.

Honestly, it's pretty sad to see the level of obsession some of the BY posters continue to have with the Lady Vols. You guys spend WAY more time discussing TN on your board than the other way around. Perhaps the weirdest aspect of this Lady Vol preoccupation is that the same handful of BY posters that are the most mean-spirited in their disdain for the LVs and quick to claim the program is over are the same ones incessantly scouring the internet for any negative TN news. Do you not see how that completely undermines the arguments that the LV program is no longer relevant?

You guys would be much better served listening to the more level-headed posters here who have asked some of you repeatedly to move the conversation along to worthier topics than trashing the Tennessee program.

Thank you for your interest in UConn Women's basketball.

It is considerate of you to use your one and only post on the board to help provide the necessary correction because folks in every culture or sub culture always warm to being told by an outsider how wrong and miserable their lives are.

Reaction Score
After careful review, it appears that the entire 2013 high school graduating class will be committing this week to the University of North Carolina. Developing...

UCONN345678

L'ville fan in Husky Clothing
Reaction Score
Montgomery just committed to Louisville. Russell is going to commit to Louisville!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Those on her twitter feed are from both fan bases with many being from students and other bball players, both male and female. Nothing wrong with her peers engaging in twitter fun and wishing her the best.
Actually, it's an NCAA violation for fans to approach recruits on social media, just as it would be for them to approach her in person. The UConn Compliance Office has repeatedly warned UConn fans not to start or engage in conversations on social media with recruits.

U

UCONNfan1

Probably because UCONN fans are reveling in the likelihood that they will be winning NC's in at least 3 out of the next 4 years while Tennessee won't sniff one till the 2013 class are seniors in college. And i can count on 1 finger the number of posters who have ever said Tennessee is no longer relevant. And they generally talk about it in reference to the fact that they won't put UCONN on their schedule, which means the "relevancy" or likelihood of the teams playing each other only exist if the NCAA selection committee makes UCONN fans happy by putting Tennessee in their bracket.

Any team that has won 8 NC's and has a former HC as the only coach in WCBB with over 1,000 wins is always going to be relevant. They just won't be winning any more NC's or beating UCONN any time soon...

Reaction Score
Actually, it's an NCAA violation for fans to approach recruits on social media, just as it would be for them to approach her in person. The UConn Compliance Office has repeatedly warned UConn fans not to start or engage in conversations on social media with recruits.
Yup, it's there in the US Constitution 1st amendment, freedom of speech, (section A - NCAA exception). Violation penalty - none.

Reaction Score
Probably because UCONN fans are reveling in the likelihood that they will be winning NC's in at least 3 out of the next 4 years while Tennessee won't sniff one till the 2013 class are seniors in college. And i can count on 1 finger the number of posters who have ever said Tennessee is no longer relevant. And they generally talk about it in reference to the fact that they won't put UCONN on their schedule, which means the "relevancy" or likelihood of the teams playing each other only exist if the NCAA selection committee makes UCONN fans happy by putting Tennessee in their bracket.

Any team that has won 8 NC's and has a former HC as the only coach in WCBB with over 1,000 wins is always going to be relevant. They just won't be winning any more NC's or beating UCONN any time soon...

Predictions! Predictions! I seem to recall many predictions made Maya's senior year about winning it all. Everyone knows what happened. Maya ran into this phenom named Skylar from Notre Dame, which ate Maya's lunch. In the process of eating Maya's lunch, and giving Geno the side dishes, Skylar showed Maya that you don't have to take 30 shots to score points. Skylar also showed Maya, as a star player for your team, how to involve your team. Maya tried to do it all by herself, and FAILED, leaving the court in tears. A title was predicted that year, and it never happened. Predictions can be made until the sun becomes the moon. It's best to just wait and see what happens so you don't have to "Eat Crow". By the way, how were those crow sandwiches today at 5:30 p.m.?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yup, it's there in the US Constitution 1st amendment, freedom of speech, (section A - NCAA exception). Violation penalty - none.
Last I knew, the NCAA wasn't part of the government.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Predictions! Predictions! I seem to recall many predictions made Maya's senior year about winning it all. Everyone knows what happened. Maya ran into this phenom named Skylar from Notre Dame, which ate Maya's lunch. In the process of eating Maya's lunch, and giving Geno the side dishes, Skylar showed Maya that you don't have to take 30 shots to score points. Skylar also showed Maya, as a star player for your team, how to involve your team. Maya tried to do it all by herself, and FAILED, leaving the court in tears. A title was predicted that year, and it never happened. Predictions can be made until the sun becomes the moon. It's best to just wait and see what happens so you don't have to "Eat Crow". By the way, how were those crow sandwiches today at 5:30 p.m.?

Well, let's see: there are errors in grammar, fact, and interpretation. And, this is a pretty hostile tone to take on your 17th post onto a team message board. I hope you don't expect too many folks to take this remotely seriously.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya ran into a lack of post depth on her team, good strategy by ND in taking the ball to the hoop, and some foul calls. If Stef did not have foul trouble or had a backup, ND never would have won.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score

As someone that has watched Skylar play for many years, let's see what she has won on non-assembled All-Star teams - 1 State Title her sophomore year in high school. And while this one game Skylar and ND may have won against UConn, what did it win her and her team? Nothing but a chance to go get beaten in the title game. As she did again in 2012, 2009, 2008 and 2006. I am sure Maya is very happy with her two rings in college and would loved to have had a third - but Skylar's now down to her last chance to get ONE and my PREDICTION is that it will not happen and you can take that to the bank.

Reaction Score
Last I knew, the NCAA wasn't part of the government.
Precisely. Perhaps the point I was trying to make was a bit esoteric. The purpose of the NCAA no contact rule is to reduce the spam recruits receive from fans. There is no way their control of the situation extends to the common citizen. If I want to contact recruits and try to convince them to attend a given school, there is nothing the NCAA can do to stop me. The NCAA rules don't trump freedom of speech. What could they do to me? I have no contract with the NCAA. What could they do to the recruit? Are they going to penalize the recruit for the actions of a fan over whom they have no control? No way. If I were a student at Duke and a closet Uconn fan, and pestered high school student Elizabeth Williams to attend would they try to penalize Elizabeth, me, or Duke? I believe that is territory the NCAA would not touch. Perhaps you have examples to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom