Cory Jaz has flipped from BC to UConn! | The Boneyard

Cory Jaz has flipped from BC to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a pleasant surprise, did not see this one coming at all. This is rounding out to be a very good class for UConn this year, nice job by the Staff. We still need that experienced Left OTackle though… welcome aboard Cory, great choice on your part….

Reaction Score
How long before we hear from the BCU trolls that he didn't have the grades to get into BCU.

Reaction Score
I don't even think the normally delusional clowns at BC are delusional about what is going on up there.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Cory!!!

Reaction Score
I don't even think the normally delusional clowns at BC are delusional about what is going on up there.

That fanbase has been taken down a few million notches. GDF set them back years and the leadership there just sat around and watched.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
welcome cory! maybe i should go bump the wow, boyle and cjazz threads for fun.

Reaction Score
First, I couldn't know less about recruiting. Just doesn't interest me that much.

But you do realize that all or nearly all the coaching staff is going to be fired in less than 2 weeks right?

I pray that you're wrong. I was sad to see Gene go. Firing Spaz may actually help you guys become a competent program again.

Reaction Score
John Battle
UConnReport.com Recruiting Analyst
Related Links:

Frazier is on the radarFirst visit for Barmore2014 QB ready for visits
Talk about it in The Fieldhouse
After an impressive win against Pittsburgh last Friday and heading into a bye week, the UConn coaching staff got some good recruiting news this morning. Three-star linebacker Cory Jasudowich of Cheshire (Conn.) Cheshire Academy, who had been committed to Boston College, changed his mind and is now a member of the UConn family.

spacer1.gif

Jasudowich flipped this morning

"I made the switch," said Jasudowich. "I'm not committed to UConn. I'm very excited about it."

Jasudowich explained why he made the flip.

"To me UConn would be a much better fit," he said. "I wanted to be able to play for my home. Connecticut is where I belong."

While his flip to UConn was only done this morning, Jasudowich made it known that this was a long time coming.

"I've been thinking about this for awhile now," he said. "I wanted to do my research and discuss it with my coach and also my family. I realized that UConn is my new home."

Besides the importance of playing close to home, Jasudowich shared what else impressed him about UConn.

"Everything, but the academics are key," he said. "Their facilities are unbelievable and the coaches are unreal. The team is also full of players just like me."

While the entire coaching staff impressed him, Coach DeLeone stood out the most.

"He is a North Branford native just like I am," he said. "He is a great guy and I can see myself playing for him and Coach P."

With this move now complete, Jasudowich is obviously relieved.

"I feel better than I ever did," he said. "Just to have all of this recruiting over with is great and to finally be home is the best feeling of all."

Jasudowich's family is equally excited.

"They are more than happy with my decision and the fact that they are only 45 minutes away from me," he said.

Jasudowich will work to get back to campus to check out a game and also schedule his official visit in the coming weeks.

UConnReport.com will continue to stay in touch with Jasudowich as we head towards National Signing Day.

Reaction Score
BC Commit Flips to UConn (247 Sports)
Chris Anderson
http://bostoncollege.247sports.com/Article/BC-Commit-Flips-to-UConn-101321
76 minutes ago

4_298774.jpg

Cheshire Academy (CT) linebacker Cory Jasudowich committed to Boston College this summer, hoping to follow in the footsteps of fellow linebackers Nick Clancy, Luke Kuechly and Mark Herzlich.

Today, however, the 6-foot-2, 240-pound linebacker decided to go in a different direction, switching his commitment to another school."It's official, I am now committed to UConn," Jasudowich texted to Heights247.

In fact, the three-star, 82-rated linebacker has had a flip to the Huskies on his mind for some time now. "I've been thinking about it for a while now," he said. "And I think that UConn is a much better fit for me."

With the loss of Jasudowich, the Eagles now have only 17 commitments and drop from the 57th ranked class in the country to 59th according to the 247Composite Team Rankings.

Reaction Score
Nice commit for you guys he's a good player. But no surprise recruits are looking around etc with Spaz gone in 2 weeks. Will gladly lose a couple to get rid of Spaz. Best of luck to Jazz.

Reaction Score
I guess Cory doesn't read the Yard? We certainly hope he doesn't get to play for George.

Reaction Score
John Battle
UConnReport.com Recruiting Analyst
Related Links:

Frazier is on the radarFirst visit for Barmore2014 QB ready for visits
Talk about it in The Fieldhouse
After an impressive win against Pittsburgh last Friday and heading into a bye week, the UConn coaching staff got some good recruiting news this morning. Three-star linebacker Cory Jasudowich of Cheshire (Conn.) Cheshire Academy, who had been committed to Boston College, changed his mind and is now a member of the UConn family.

Husky, you may want edit some of that article as I believe it violates board rules

Reaction Score
Very excited to have this kid and the LBs now coming up through the ranks.

These guys will be plenty challenged to match the performace of this year's group of backers. Sio, Yawin and Jory have been absolutely fabulous this year and last week handled the Pitt running game better than anyone to date. With Yawin back, at the newcomers, this should continue to be a solid group next season.

Reaction Score
How long before we hear from the BCU trolls that he didn't have the grades to get into BCU.
Rock, even the BC Trolls wouldn't be that shallow. Kids that go to Cheshire Academy are usually Ivy League bound academically. That's one great prep school.

Reaction Score
His commitment put us over BC in class rankings. We're now 4th in the BE in class rankings, not last anymore. (Thank you Temple and Memphis...and SMU.) Have to keep pushing to get better and better. So far, so good. The more NFL players we produce, the better PP would look. And we know PP has connects to the NFL.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
First, I couldn't know less about recruiting. Just doesn't interest me that much.

But you do realize that all or nearly all the coaching staff is going to be fired in less than 2 weeks right?
So you're saying that our coaching staff should be reaching out to your commits with the following message: "I know you're committed to BC but you will have a new coaching staff there by December. You have a plan for that?"

Reaction Score
So you're saying that our coaching staff should be reaching out to your commits with the following message: "I know you're committed to BC but you will have a new coaching staff there by December. You have a plan for that?"

lol! Only at BC would a coach be so stupid as to put that in an e-mail.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Feel free.

You think these kids who are committed to BC are so oblivious that Spaz is gone in 2 weeks? Every time BC is on TV it's mentioned and every hot seat list has him at or near the top.

The sad part for you is your Spaz will be employed for at least another year.

As much as I hate Spaz he was only what, a couple of weeks off?
Umm, did they all commit after the start of the season? Because if they didn't, then they committed under the impression that Spaz and crew would be around for a while.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
You're right, Spaz being fired in a couple of weeks is merely a function of this year's performance. It's not like he was at the top or in the top 3 of everyone's "coaches on the hot seat" list coming into this season or anything.
You're right, every high school recruit anxiously reviews their monthly copy of "Coaches on the Hot Seat" before making their selection. Most choose their school based on the assumption that the coaches listed will be fired. That's why kids never reneg on commitments when a coaching staff gets canned - they already know it's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom