Cord Cutter Question | The Boneyard

Cord Cutter Question

Reaction Score
Can someone please advise how we can watch tonight’s game if we don’t have cable?

I have a fire stick but it’s not jailbroken. Can you stream the game off of SNY?

Reaction Score
If you are in a pinch, basically ever basketball game is streamed from here.

Quality is not always perfect. I have really liked Youtube TV throughout the college football season and they do carry SNY. You can probably get a free trial if you just want to test it.

Reaction Score
I've got a Firestick hooked up, but I'm still afraid to cut the cord.

Reaction Score
Called Comcast the other day and told them I wanted to cancel - They signed me up for a 2 year agreement - $128/month for two boxes, HD, DVR, 220+ channels, Sports Package and 120mb/s internet speed. At that price it doesn't make sense to cancel. They also have an app that's exactly like sling, hululive, youtube tv, etc that you can run on a Roku (and is free) so no need to have more than one box really.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
If you live in the green, you can watch it on ESPN3.

If you live in the black, you need to watch it on SNY.

1541691052661.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It may be delayed on ESPN3 if you are in the SNY area.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've got a Firestick hooked up, but I'm still afraid to cut the cord.
Mrs. 82 is change adverse, otherwise I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Cut cord last year and went with YouTubeTV. Just sign up for a free trial of YouTubeTV, Sling or HuluLive to watch the game tonight and see how you like it.

YouTube TV gets my vote. I made the plunge after reading a thread here a couple months ago, and am thrilled with it.
For 40 bucks a month you get access to every channel that broadcasts UConn games (either live or using the cloud DVR service) -- not only on TV but all your mobile devices as well, which is pretty nice.

I lopped off $100 (net savings of $60) from my Fios bill by switching, and I actually like the service better.

Reaction Score
So lets say you live in the black and don't have SNY or Hulu.. is reddit CBB streams my only hope? I also remember TCF coming in clutch by putting the game replays up relatively soon after the games. Hoping that remains the case this year. His and everyone elses efforts don't go unnoticed to help us casual fans out.

Reaction Score
Called Comcast the other day and told them I wanted to cancel - They signed me up for a 2 year agreement - $128/month for two boxes, HD, DVR, 220+ channels, Sports Package and 120mb/s internet speed. At that price it doesn't make sense to cancel. They also have an app that's exactly like sling, hululive, youtube tv, etc that you can run on a Roku (and is free) so no need to have more than one box really.

I pay $40 for Fios internet faster than that and $40 for Sling with dvr. No contract, no hidden fees. I looked at doing a normal Internet/TV service through Optimum or Fios but ultimately was happy to save my $50 a month and still have every station I actually watch. Plus, I am "borrowing" Hulu and Netflix from my girlfriends parents haha which helps...

Reaction Score
Its blacked out on ESPN3 but can still be streamed in market.

"During 2018, all Mets and UConn Men's and Women's basketball games on SNY will be streamed in-market on SNY.tv on PCs as well as on the NBC Sports app."

So use the NBC Sports App on AppleTV, Roku, Xbox etc.

Reaction Score
You can literally go to any online 'streaming' site and get it for free.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Its blacked out on ESPN3 but can still be streamed in market.

"During 2018, all Mets and UConn Men's and Women's basketball games on SNY will be streamed in-market on SNY.tv on PCs as well as on the NBC Sports app."

So use the NBC Sports App on AppleTV, Roku, Xbox etc.

...if you already have SNY, which implies not a cord-cutter.

Reaction Score
YouTube TV gets my vote. I made the plunge after reading a thread here a couple months ago, and am thrilled with it.
For 40 bucks a month you get access to every channel that broadcasts UConn games (either live or using the cloud DVR service) -- not only on TV but all your mobile devices as well, which is pretty nice.

I lopped off $100 (net savings of $60) from my Fios bill by switching, and I actually like the service better.

Do you also have access to espn, msg or yes?

Reaction Score
Can someone please advise how we can watch tonight’s game if we don’t have cable?

I have a fire stick but it’s not jailbroken. Can you stream the game off of SNY?
Not sure what your fandom is, but I live in Norwalk and am a Huskies/Giants/Rangers/Yankees/Knicks fan so FuboTV works perfect for me because it has every local sports channel. SNY, MSG, YES, FS1, etc. Only issue is no ESPN. For college basketball season, I add Sling so I can watch ESPN, since Fubo doesn't have ESPN.

Reaction Score
Gears TV - an IPTV streaming app that provides live TV, NFL Sunday Ticket, all NBA, MLB and NHL games, all movie channels, SNY, and locals WFSB and WTNH. $40 a month or so.

Reaction Score
Anyone have experience with Verizon 5G? I see ads but seems like it's not available anywhere yet?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom