Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The one thing I love with this staff is that no matter the outcome is we as a fanbase know the program gave it 100% and didn't miss a detail. I can sleep at night comfortably with that strategy vs. relying on a large enough bag.

Looks like the parents are highly invested in the decision making process, and this is why I think UConn having the first impression will do wonders.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The one thing I love with this staff is that no matter the outcome is we as a fanbase know the program gave it 100% and didn't miss a detail. I can sleep at night comfortably with that strategy vs. relying on a large enough bag.

Looks like the parents are highly invested in the decision making process, and this is why I think UConn having the first impression will do wonders.
Agreed. This staff is so thorough and professional in its recruiting efforts. They evaluate, target and close at a really high level.

Reaction Score
Looking Good In Husky Blue!!
IMG_5531.jpeg

Reaction Score
I was using 247's list under their UConn page. They have both Alex and DeAndre as 4 stars. :confused:

According to this 24/7 has him as a 5 star. Their composite had him as a 4 star cuz ESPN was asleep at the switch as usual.

Anyhow, he was up there

Reaction Score

With one official visit in the books and two left to go, No. 1 overall prospect Cooper Flagg says his recent trip to UConn and upcoming visits to Kansas and Duke will serve as final fact-finding missions of sorts. On Saturday, he spoke to Rivals about where things stand with each of his finalists.

UCONN: “The most impactful part of the visit was just getting to watch the practice and see the style of coaching. It was good for me to get to see how coach [Dan Hurley] coaches them … I got to hang out with the players a bunch and see all the facilities – where they eat and where they stay.``

Reaction Score
I wonder if they are selling him on the Andre (2nd facilitator) role instead of being a “big”. Of the clips I saw he was really dynamic with the ball in his hands and I do think he can guard anyone but potentially small guards. That role would also solidify his incredible draft stock without compromising what is best for the team.

Reaction Score
With one official visit in the books and two left to go, No. 1 overall prospect Cooper Flagg says his recent trip to UConn and upcoming visits to Kansas and Duke will serve as final fact-finding missions of sorts. On Saturday, he spoke to Rivals about where things stand with each of his finalists.

UCONN: “The most impactful part of the visit was just getting to watch the practice and see the style of coaching. It was good for me to get to see how coach [Dan Hurley] coaches them … I got to hang out with the players a bunch and see all the facilities – where they eat and where they stay.``
He’s now seen the nuts and bolts and we know how good they are here so if he doesn’t choose us cey la vie.

Reaction Score
I think he will surprise everyone by staying very close to home and become the greatest 4 year player in the glorious history of Bowdoin hoops where they have promised to rename the school after him along with a special sandwich at the dining hall. It was brought to his attention that Bowdoin has never lost to Kansas. Duke or the current and 5 time national champs.
If he goes to Bowdoin, it could be the first time the Haldane Cup was awarded to a freshman.

Reaction Score
If I'm Cooper Flagg and my goal is to be a one and done positioned to become an NBA star as soon as possible, then I'd be basing my college decision on:

1. Fit within the offensive system of the team
2. Fit within the roster make up of the team, including who has guards that can get me the ball in the best position to score lots of points
3. Fit within the defensive structure of the team
4. Relationship with the coaches
5. Confidence that the staff will push me to be the best I can be at both ends of the floor with specific basketball teaching acumen
6. Confidence I will be pushed to increase my work ethic and daily habits
7. Ensure I get support from the entire AD to further my personal career management skills...

I left out NIL assuming it won't be a big driver because his first NBA contract will be astronomical and he should focus on basketball while in college rather than chasing marketing deals, but I could be wrong and perhaps he is already going to focus on this with an entourage around him in his last prep season. I hope he met up with MD and others on Saturday for this purpose either way. If NIL is a big deal to him, then Duke would be the best leverage of his final 3 schools.

I also left out where I'd feel the best in terms of feeling at home/the family feel because as a one and doner/expected top pick overall it is really just a 9 month stay.

Just my 2 cents at the end of a long day.
Still, Cooper has to produce in real game situations. He's done well in playing against excellent players, but the pro ranks are very different in skill level. Kinda ironic that he could be a multi-millionaire before he's 20 years old!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Still, Cooper has to produce in real game situations. He's done well in playing against excellent players, but the pro ranks are very different in skill level. Kinda ironic that he could be a multi-millionaire before he's 20 years old!

I've seen enough to know this kid is most likely a generational talent. The skill of pro's (which is prodigious) notwithstanding. I believe he will produce.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've seen enough to know this kid is most likely a generational talent. The skill of pro's (which is prodigious) notwithstanding. I believe he will produce.
He's still 16. The reports I read talked about him being elite defensively, with an offensive game that needed some work. But he won't even be 18 when he arrives on a college campus. It's very easy for the NBA to project him continuing to improve. Can still get taller too.

Reaction Score

He's the real deal. His offensive package is awesome at 6'9, but the thing that separates him in my eye is his defense. Outstanding for a high school player.

I'm sure someone will complain when he doesn't average 25 a game as a rookie, but it's obvious he's built to be an all-star if he puts in the work and listens to the right people.

Reaction Score

Hmmmmm....

If this is true, this has to be a direct result of the UConn visit, correct gang? That in his mind maybe he was so impressed with the visit here that it’s a 2 team race now?

Reaction Score
He’s 100% going to Duke but lol @ Kansas they couldn’t even get him on campus
I wonder if his family wants him to go to Duke? Obviously they weren’t very high on his taking an official visit to Lawrence.

IMG_0359.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer