2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg offered | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Scheyer is starting to be more visible in NE on recruiting trips.. ie. Betsey home visit in Windsor.. Maybe some gamesmanship by DH on Cooper to show that UConn isn't going to concede top recruits from their home turf when there is a fit/obvious talent even if he is a Duke lean. Would be cool to get him on campus while DC is still here and roll the dice..

Reaction Score
But the Duke he committed to won't be the Duke he attends.

And if he is so committed, why is he blessed to receive a UConn offer from Coach Hurley?
Hes blessed to receive an offer from Providence and Kansas St in the last week too. He was Scheyers first priority going back to last April.

I was being sarcastic when I said 12 years old. It would be a gigantic stunner if he didnt end up there tho.

Reaction Score
Hes blessed to receive an offer from Providence and Kansas St in the last week too. He was Scheyers first priority going back to last April.

I was being sarcastic when I said 12 years old. It would be a gigantic stunner if he didnt end up there tho.
Coach K is gone. Players that should be 1-and-done are having to stay an extra year. Just because a kid thought duke was his dream school when he was 8 years old and watching coach K win championships and turn out NBA talent doesn't mean that they will think that when they are 17 and deciding on a school to attend. If Duke gets him it will be because they offer more NIL than other blue blood schools and he goes for the money. Otherwise he will want to play for a hall of fame coach or play within driving distance of his family and friends to watch him play.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not to be confused with Colonel Flagg.

1682605171375.png

Reaction Score
Just remember even Bobby Hurley was a UConn fan the first Monday night in April. Never say never.

Reaction Score
Scheyer is starting to be more visible in NE on recruiting trips.. ie. Betsey home visit in Windsor.. Maybe some gamesmanship by DH on Cooper to show that UConn isn't going to concede top recruits from their home turf when there is a fit/obvious talent even if he is a Duke lean. Would be cool to get him on campus while DC is still here and roll the dice..
We’ve lost or fair share of long time UConn leans so we should court everyone we like.

Reaction Score
Lol he does follow Dixie D'Amelio on twitter. That would be quite the recruiting pitch for him. Maybe he wants to be a TikTok star?
Whatever it takes! I hope Marc D’Amelio can arrange an introduction!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
looks like a more athletic Austin Reaves (starts for the Lakers)

Reaction Score
Is he going to college . Maybe.
If so, is he going to Duke ? Probably, maybe…who knows .

Either way, UConn is linked to one of the best, if not the best, player in his class and will be until he makes his choice. Its almost certain that when “experts” talk or post about Flaggs offers they will mention “ including the National Champion UConn Huskies “ or some variation of the saying.

Kids in AAU know each other or have heard of each other and know when offers are made to players. The more offers we have to legitimate players that can help us the better. Even if it’s a token offer knowing that a player X is set on going to a particular university or the G League. This keeps the interest and hopes of players
, whether a 3*,4* or 5*, if they already received an offer or end up getting an offer from UConn.

The staff is using the programs recent trajectory, recent players( including this years players) drafted to the NBA and the clout of winning a Natty in offering some of the top talent in next years class and into 25 and 26.

Offering Flagg was the right play.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Some say best recruit of past decade.

If I were using hyperbole I'd say he is the perfect incarnation of a Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Thunder Dan Majerle love child.

Bottom line is the kid can get to anywhere he wants and score from anywhere on the court.

What he said. Except kid's quicker than Bird/McHale by a lot. Will probably grow some more. One year in college at best but what a fun year.

Mr. Flagg would look perfect in Red, White, and Blue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Scheyer ain't Coach K. Let's see how long that magic lasts for them
Very true — but I do think that Duke can probably buy any player with NIL $ if they choose to do so… it’ll probably keep Scheyer viable long after the fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom