Coolest thing you’ve seen or done recently | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coolest thing you’ve seen or done recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I received word that I've been approved to purchase a Golden Retriever puppy. My Golden Retriever passed away on Nov. 26 and I've been devastated by the loss. I was on a waiting list for a puppy sired by the No. 1 Golden Retriever in the country out of a grand champion dam. There was great interest in the litter of six puppies and I'm excited that the breeder has chosen me to receive one. The litter was whelped April 2 and I should be bringing home my boy at the end of May. Hopefully, he'll be in the show ring this autumn.

Here's a photo of my puppy at three weeks of age.

Solo-3 weeks.jpeg

Reaction Score
The avatar to the left is the Jupiter Lighthouse on the Jupiter Inlet and the bridge is the Cato's bridge, which is a drawbridge over the intercostal. I bought my first house in Jupiter in 1984 and have tried to spend as much time there as possible. When I was younger I used to jog over that bridge. I've driven over the bridge 1000's of times and lately I've been riding my bicycle over the bridge to go to the beach.

About a month ago a friend told me about the snorkeling under the Cato's bridge. I didn't believe him and google told me he was correct. I went looking for my mask and snorkel and my wife put the kibosh on my plans. The current is strong in that area and there are many boats, not to mention a stray gator or shark.

Anyhow, I wanted to see it but didn't. You can watch the same videos I watched.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The avatar to the left is the Jupiter Lighthouse on the Jupiter Inlet and the bridge is the Cato's bridge, which is a drawbridge over the intercostal. I bought my first house in Jupiter in 1984 and have tried to spend as much time there as possible. When I was younger I used to jog over that bridge. I've driven over the bridge 1000's of times and lately I've been riding my bicycle over the bridge to go to the beach.

About a month ago a friend told me about the snorkeling under the Cato's bridge. I didn't believe him and google told me he was correct. I went looking for my mask and snorkel and my wife put the kibosh on my plans. The current is strong in that area and there are many boats, not to mention a stray gator or shark.

I found out it’s not the gators you have to watch out for, it’s the cottonmouths. I only swim in pools in Florida and I check those out before getting into the water

Reaction Score
I found out it’s not the gators you have to watch out for, it’s the cottonmouths. I only swim in pools in Florida and I check those out before getting into the water
Snakes in the water are bad.

I think the animals are trying to take the state back. I wish I had seen this alligator in the ocean.

Reaction Score
I was in AZ and I was taking a run along a old little used road one morning (just tire lanes in the grass/sand) and I saw a small black log laying in the road. I got about 10-15 feet from it and saw it was a huge diamond back rattle snake sunning itself.

Reaction Score
I write spy thrillers as a sideline from my academic life, and several of them involve the USMC. It’s been a while since I visited Sasebo, Japan, and wangled a private tour of LHD6, the Bonhomme Richard, as research for a book. That was a stunning experience. Marine helo-carriers are so huge! And the Devil Dogs assigned to her were so generous in telling me all about life on board. Since then, the BHR sailed to San Diego and burned in an accidental fire, and many people were heartbroken, including a lot of my fans. She’s been replaced in Sasebo by the Wasp.

Other than that experience from several years ago, my life is dull. Lots of satisfying events, but few amazing ones lately.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Several years ago my wife and I were trying to make our yard a little more environmentally friendly. There's no getting rid of the Japanesa pachysandra or chameleon plant that were here when we moved in, but we got a bunch of native plants. One thing I wanted was paw paw trees. We got three, and they started giving fruit maybe 4 years ago. I find we always get more fruit when I pollenate by hand, so I still do. I'm always excited when I see the little fruit set. This is a pic of that. They're probably between 5 and 10 mm long; they'll wind up between 8 and 15 cm if they make it through the summer.

Paw paws.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Removed a lipoma from an inmate patient’s shoulder that was about the size of my fist.

(I’m an Internal Medicine physician at a prison…procedures like this are new to me over the last few months)
Yours is the 3rd post in this thread. I‘m going down the line in the order they were posted. I doubt I will read one that is more impressive than yours. With that said, a very respectable tip ‘o the turban to you Doc. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
View attachment 87443
Held my first grandchild yesterday-for the first time:)
That's a very special baby you're holding. You'll treat him/her differently than you did your children. Once they find out how much you love them, they'll stick their hands deep down in your pockets and keep them there well into their teens.

The older they get, the more expensive they get (Christmas/birthdays, etc). If you have more in the future, remember that what you do for one, you must do for all. Believe me, they keep track. Congratulations. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Saw my 8 year old granddaughter score 7 soccer goals today. Of course her league doesn’t use goaltenders but the net is only 4 feet wide. But none of the other kids can score like her.

Not that recently, (5 years ago) but the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xian Chins might be the coolest man made thing I’ve ever seen in person - photos and film don’t nearly capture it - and I’m lucky to have seen some amazing man made things but the Warriors, thousands of them, are mind blowing.
I'm betting you haven't missed any of her soccer games. When she plays, you're there. ;)

Reaction Score
Got all my cows worked yesterday and tested for pregnancy. Such a relief to have that big job completed.

Carnac

Reaction Score
A couple of weeks ago, the band I play in did a 2+ hour dance gig. We have a 9 piece band - 2 keyboards one doubles on alto sax), rhythm guitar, electric bass, congas, drum set, alto saxe, a trumpet and tenor sax. We back up 9 vocalists.

We perform songs from the 50's thru the 80's. We have three and four part vocal harmonies on most songs.

The last gig was a packed house of 300+. The dance floor was full the whole night and at the end we got a standing ovation!!!

Even at my age, 72, a standing O is still a big trill.
You’re right about standing ovations. Everyone should get one during their lifetime. Nothing compares to it, and it’s something you‘ll never forget. Perhaps you can post a video of your band playing during our off-season. I'd like to see it. :cool:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm betting you haven't missed any of her soccer games. When she plays, you're there. ;)
I wish. Too long a drive. And she is the youngest of 3 soccer and lacrosse playing sisters. I’d have to live there to see all the games.

Reaction Score
That's a very special baby you're holding. You'll treat him/her differently than you did your children. Once they find out how much you love them, they'll stick their hands deep down in your pockets and keep them there well into their teens.

The older they get, the more expensive they get (Christmas/birthdays, etc). If you have more in the future, remember that what you do for one, you must do for all. Believe me, they keep track. Congratulations. :)
Thanks Carnac:) Yeah, the money started flowing out to Yadi this week when I opened up a college 529 fund for him-gotta start early to get his Uconn tuition paid. Hopefully he will follow in my daughters footsteps at Storrs:)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks Carnac:) Yeah, the money started flowing out to Yadi this week when I opened up a college 529 fund for him-gotta start early to get his Uconn tuition paid. Hopefully he will follow in my daughters footsteps at Storrs:)
Now you just hope and pray you live long enough to see him walk across that college/university stage 22 years from now. It will bring a tear to your eye, and make you feel like the proudest person at that commencement ceremony. ;)

Take him to some UConn sporting events when he gets a little older.....that'll hook him!!! :D

Reaction Score

Do you live in Tequesta? I’d like to pm you if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom