Consistency and cohesiveness | The Boneyard

Consistency and cohesiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Consistency is one of the biggest keys for this team, and today was one of the most solid 40-min performances they've had all year. We've seen this team be prone to some long dry spells on offense and also have some defensive lapses. We've been victims of a lot of runs from opposing teams.

Of late, we've started to see less of that. And today the team played 40 minutes of really solid and consistent basketball at both ends of the floor. Early on, ECU was hot from 3, and we did well to execute offensively to keep a slim lead. Eventually, ECU cooled off from 3 (thanks mostly to Purvis' defense on Williams) and we pulled away from an inferior opponent at home like good teams should. They never let ECU go on any run or have a sniff of getting back into the game.

I hate to get too high or low after any win or loss, but I've been very pleased with how this team has responded after the tough loss to Cinci. Ollie and the team have been hesitant to say they've turned a corner, but the team clearly looks more comfortable. Brimah being back provides an obvious boost not only defensively, but also for Hamilton on offense, as he looks much more settled. I think moving Adams to the starting line-up has helped a lot as well, he was fantastic today at exploiting gaps and finishing in transition. I'll credit Ollie for having the willingness to make that change and for finally trimming the line up. The guys are starting to get comfortable in their roles and the team's cohesiveness is becoming more and more evident.

We have more work to do and some important games the next few weeks. But I'm feeling confident that this team is trending up heading into the most important part of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom