Conn. Sun @ Chicago Sky | The Boneyard

Conn. Sun @ Chicago Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will the Sun get their first win of the season? How will Chiney and Thomas do tonight? Hopefully Faris will get more minutes.

I expected the Sun to do better than they did this weekend judging by the preseason game I attended. Katie Douglas was shooting lights out that game.

My prediction is that the Sky will go to 3-0 since their core of EDD, Vandersloot and Young seem to be holding down the fort until Prince and Fowles return. I'll watch it on All-Access.

http://scores.espn.go.com/wnba/preview?gameId=400539472

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Chicago is super dependent on EDD and Sloot for the time being. The good news is that they've won these first couple without EDD shooting the lights out. As long as some of the others keep making shots (Breland, Quigley, etc.) I think they'll be ok.

Chiney should put up good numbers. But Chicago has survived Howard and Charles already. I wonder if Thomas gets the assignment on EDD. If so, big challenge for a rookie. Though I'm sure they'll double EDD. They should, anyhow.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I am amazed at how often EDD gets fouled. Opposing teams parade her to the FT line game in and game out. Are there really so few players that can play solid defense without fouling? She is shooting 38% from the floor and 94% from the FT line. At some point do teams start to realize that it makes no sense to keep fouling her over and over?

Reaction Score
Thomas is on EDD and has scored the first points for the Sun.

Update: Chicago is up 24-18 at the end of the 1st quarter.

Chiney has not scored and only played a few minutes. Thomas scored the first 4 points but was taken out about the same time.

EDD has taken mostly foul shots.

The TV coverage is pretty high quality. I think it's from the Chicago station.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It seems like the Sky are keying in on Douglas and noone else is picking up the slack. Renee Montgomery has minutes.

19 point lead for the Sky at the half. Bone missed 8 shots in the first half. Some of them were pretty easy shots. Thomas and Chiney had 2 fouls each which is why they came out of the game.

If you're on the fence about getting All-Access I'd do it. Rediculously cheap coverage and good quality as well.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not a good 2nd quarter for our Sun.

Reaction Score
Coming off of their Sunday performance, I truly believed this to be a winnable game for CT.

Reaction Score
Well, they're back to within around 10 points at the end of the 3rd qtr so maybe there's hope.

Sky win by 10.

The Sun had it to single digits but threw the ball away too much or took bad shots (had some missed foul calls too).

My prediction was correct- the Sky start out 3-0 (Big deal). We'll see what the Sky are really like Saturday when they play Atlanta.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, they're back to within around 10 points at the end of the 3rd qtr so maybe there's hope.

Sky win by 10.

The Sun had it to single digits but threw the ball away too much or took bad shots (had some missed foul calls too).

My prediction was correct- the Sky start out 3-0 (Big deal). We'll see what the Sky are really like Saturday when they play Atlanta.

With Atlanta and Minnesota coming up over the long weekend (albeit both at home), I wouldn't be surprised if the Sky are 3-2 a week from now. Nonetheless, I'm pleased as a Sky fan. The Sky have proved they can at least keep their heads above water without Prince and Fowles. And Breland is a more than adequate replacement for Cash at the 4.

Once Prince and Fowles return, the Sky will be in great shape.

I caught a little of the game on my lunch break (the CenterCourt app is a godsend!). Seemed like the Sun lack scoring options. Chiney and Douglas were the only ones who could get something going. Didn't help that Bone was missing bunnies. She missed two putbacks in the same possession. Just unlucky really.

Reaction Score
Breland got hit in the mouth or almost lost teeth in the second half. I couldn't listen to the game so I don't know what happened. She went back in though so she must be OK.
She, Gatling and Goodlett are covering the power forward/center positions pretty good so far. The Minnesota game will be REAL interesting...
Fowles was jumping around after the game so she must be close to coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom