Congrats to undefeated SC on the National Championship | The Boneyard

Congrats to undefeated SC on the National Championship

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Dawn should buy Cardoso a car. Her miracle shot made the difefrence between a National Championship Year and a HISTORIC UNDEFEATED National Championsip Season. - Seriously though, wonderful team effort all year from SC. Incredible bench. And kudos to Raven Johnson for slowing down Clark and turning the game around. She sacraficed her offense to concentrate on guarding Clark. Heck of a job. Happy for all our SC members. Enjoy number 3 guys!

Reaction Score
Congrats to SC. I don't think we talk about Cardoso enough. To be freshman of the year, defensive player of the year in the ACC, and sit on the bench for two years (definitely was important both years). And then to come back for her 4th year and be the best player on an undefeated team. I know the "we don't talk about so and so enough" conversation is a bit tired, but couldn't be more impressed with her season and how she played in the tournament.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Congrats to SC. I don't think we talk about Cardoso enough. To be freshman of the year, defensive player of the year in the ACC, and sit on the bench for two years (definitely was important both years). And then to come back for her 4th year and be the best player on an undefeated team. I know the "we don't talk about so and so enough" conversation is a bit tired, but couldn't be more impressed with her season and how she played in the tournament.
Well said. I agree with Taurasi who said she thought Cardoso would do even better in the pros than in college.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Dawn should buy Cardoso a car. Her miracle shot made the difefrence between a National Championship Year and a HISTORIC UNDEFEATED National Championsip Season. - Seriously though, wonderful team effort all year from SC. Incredible bench. And kudos to Raven Johnson for slowing down Clark and turning the game around. She sacraficed her offense to concentrate on guarding Clark. Heck of a job. Happy for all our SC members. Enjoy number 3 guys!
Thanks so much!

Reaction Score
Well earned, sometimes it’s a nice ending when the best team all year earned the championship. To me, Dawn is in the same stratosphere as Geno and Pat. I suspect when she’s done, her resume will reflect that. Congratulations to SC!

Reaction Score
SC deserves their victory lap. They are the deepest and most complete team I’ve seen in years. The excellent coaching, deep bench, and seemingly fantastic chemistry served them well.

Iowa did all they could but ran out of gas. Caitlyn fatigue was real but she changed the college game for the better during her time and I hope the momentum continues for the sport as other players take center stage.

But again, congrats to SC and their awesome squad!

Reaction Score
And a bicycle for KJH - or perhaps a ‘Defense For Dummies’ book.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Congrats to Dawn Staley & her coaching staff, players, families and friends of all associated with the Gamecocks and their NCAA Championship team. They looked great from the get-go against Notre Dame in Paris at the start of the season and continued right up to cutting down the nets. Well played!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It has been an incredible season for WBB and incredible season for the Gamecocks. As a Gamecock I can’t tell you how crazy it’s been losing all the Freshies to going undefeated with this bunch of kids that jumped into the season and said “Watch us work!” Kamilla really turned on another gear in this tournament and showed why she’s a lottery pick.

Finally, UConn, thanks for having a board that insists on fans being respectful. I can’t tell you how heartbroken I was for your players the other night because of what they had overcome to get that far only to lose in such heartbreaking fashion. I say all that but deep down wanted another shot at Iowa. What an incredible season it’s been. Wow.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
It has been an incredible season for WBB and incredible season for the Gamecocks. As a Gamecock I can’t tell you how crazy it’s been losing all the Freshies to going undefeated with this bunch of kids that jumped into the season and said “Watch us work!” Kamilla really turned on another gear in this tournament and showed why she’s a lottery pick.

Finally, UConn, thanks for having a board that insists on fans being respectful. I can’t tell you how heartbroken I was for your players the other night because of what they had overcome to get that far only to lose in such heartbreaking fashion. I say all that but deep down wanted another shot at Iowa. What an incredible season it’s been. Wow.
Completely relate to this. I wanted UConn to win so badly but definitely wanted another shot at Iowa. Was so conflicted.

Super proud of this team and coaching staff. This wasn’t supposed to be our year but here we are. I can’t contain my joy right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom