Congrats to South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Congrats to South Carolina

Reaction Score
Sorry to say but SC was thoroughly unimpressive and got unbelievably lucky that UCONN lost to MSU.

The absolute BEST team did not win the title this year. Period, End of Story.
Thanks for the congratulations. I think. I thought we played much better at the end of the year and we refused to lose when it mattered the most. I thought Wilson was able to do pretty much whatever she wanted against the defense that stifled UConn so I don't know why that didn't impress you. They'll keep working on being more impressive.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Thanks for the congratulations. I think. I thought we played much better at the end of the year and we refused to lose when it mattered the most. I thought Wilson was able to do pretty much whatever she wanted against the defense that stifled UConn so I don't know why that didn't impress you. They'll keep working on being more impressive.

Not to mention.. Cuevas-Moore isn't getting nearly the accolades she deserves for shutting down Morgan William for a THIRD straight game. As good as UConn is defensively.. there's nobody on their roster currently capable of shutting down a player like William. She's too small, shifty and crafty.. and Cuevas has that same exact game down to a science. I can definitely see Dangerfield growing into that role, but as of Friday that just passed, she's not there yet. Cuevas is Morgan's kryptonite.

SC is just a really bad matchup for Mississippi State. We either match or surpass them athletically at every position.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What I meant in my original post that SC was thoroughly unimpressive in the title game.

Any way you want to slice it SC was lucky and we all know. They are not a true champion IMO. You dont have to like it or agree with it. It is what it is.

SC compiled a nice record with 4 losses. Congrats.

Drink up

grape wine.jpg

Reaction Score
Congrats to SC and the fans. They are #1 team in the nation and should be until/if they are beaten. And they are the champions until they are not.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We play each other in Columbia next year, so our possibly budding rivalry will continue.

Reaction Score
What I meant in my original post that SC was thoroughly unimpressive in the title game.

Any way you want to slice it SC was lucky and we all know. They are not a true champion IMO. You dont have to like it or agree with it. It is what it is.

I think its cool to have opinions, but this is one of the least gracious ones I've seen in awhile.

I do appreciate the congrats from the original poster though. It was really great to see this program build from next to nothing to overachiever to contender to champion under Coach Staley.

Hopefully, Carolina will be back.

Reaction Score

Well, we'll never know what would have happened if the Gamecocks met UCONN in the championship game. You know why? Because UCONN didn't reach that game. The Gamecocks did.

You don't have to like it or agree with it. It is what it is.

Geez.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Prepare to LOSE and LOSE BIG YOU WILL.

Every dog (or rooster) has their day. WBB rivalries rarely have much vitriol. It's hard for me to feel bitterness to someone we play once a year, in one sport, that is 800 miles away. Now, Clemson, on the other hand, I hate with every ounce of my being.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sorry to say but SC was thoroughly unimpressive and got unbelievably lucky that UCONN lost to MSU.

The absolute BEST team did not win the title this year. Period, End of Story.
You can only beat the teams they put in front of you. And SC beat all six of them, fair and square.

Perhaps this is one of those times when we would be well advised to show a little class and not sound bitter.

Congrats to Dawn Staley and to all the Gamecock players and fans. Enjoy your well-earned title.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom