Congrats to Gabby Williams!! | The Boneyard

Congrats to Gabby Williams!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For her 2nd double double and hopefully many more to come!

18 points on 8-11 shooting, 2-2 from the FT line, and 14 boards. Not to mention, 2 assists and 4 steals. This kid is special.

And honorable mention to Miss Saniya! Seemed to have a really good overall BBIQ tonight and scored 11 points on 4-5 shooting.

2nd honorable mention to the bench. I don't know how many minutes T and P played, but you know the bench played a LOT more minutes the 2nd half than in the first, and yet we continued to play solid defense and pull away even further from Cinci...

It's so great to see the future not only being productive, but looking really good doing it! Keep it up ladies!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First double double (I think...!) and hopefully first of many more to come!

16 points on 7-10 shooting, 2-2 from the FT line, and 13 boards. Not to mention, 2 assists and 3 steals. This kid is special.

And honorable mention to Miss Saniya! Seemed to have a really good overall BBIQ tonight and scored 11 points on 4-5 shooting.

It's so great to see the future not only being productive, but looking really good doing it! Keep it up ladies!!
Second double-double. Her first was against SMU.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Gabby stays healthy and continues to improve at this rate, she could be the best player in her class.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
My favorite UConn Huskie! Go Gabby!!

Reaction Score
it will be interesting to see if she gets important minutes in the South Carolina game...their bigs could be an eye opener for her at the 3 or 4 position

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I am sure u may see her earlier in that So Car game than we think. I think it will throw them off and make or normal offense tougher to adjust too. Even before tonight's phenomenal performance. She owned the floor tonight. And I thought Chong has been playing great. And not even about the threes she's been draining. She takes total control of the offense. Defensive intensity has picked up too. With our 3 deep bench, i am beginning to think we may be as strong or maybe even a stronger team than last year. And Stokes continues to be great at what she is great at!

Reaction Score
It's hard to believe this kid missed basically 2 seasons with serious knee injuries, comes to the top program in all the land where she's not only moved from the backcourt to the frontcourt for the first time in her life, but moved to a position where she is considered fairly undersized, yet still has performed brilliantly.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
"For me going undefeated is not as important to me as maybe it used to be, now I just want to process to be good, players to get better," Auriemma said. "Watching Gabby Williams play tonight, that makes the process really enjoyable for me. Watching somebody get that good in front of your eyes, that makes the process really, really cool. I can coach a long time if I can watch what I am seeing in her every week, every week, every week."

Reaction Score
That's a special talent. Best athlete I've seen in a long time. Wow

Reaction Score
Those top three recruits next year, as good as they are, are going to find it pretty tough breaking into the starting lineup.

JS

Reaction Score
Best athlete I've seen in a long time.

Williams_Gabby-OlyT12.jpg

Flashback: Fifth in the Olympic trials at the age of 15
The thing that gets me about Gabby is the consistency. I keep waiting for her to come down to earth, but the good games go on and on. What kind of minutes will she get on Monday?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Gabby has fight and determination coupled with tremendous confidence. I cant wait to see her against SC. She could create foul problems for them with her quickness.

Watching all the non starters with all the minutes theyre getting they are all gaining confidence and playing better. A lot of that has to do with getting a lot of minutes, a lot of that has to do with the conference we're in. Its fun for me to watch them develop. On Tuesday we will see how Geno plays it with the non starters. The fact that UConn has so many 3 pt shooters and is so quick is going to present problems for SC. Our ballhandleing will be key. This is a game where Tuck Stewie and Kia need to stay out of foul trouble and attack the basket and they will. Can you imagine if SC packs it in and leaves our 3 pt shooters open. We are very hard to defend.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Watching Gabby continues to amaze me.

First, her leaping ability is off the charts. Second is her sense of were she is in relation to the basket when she gets the ball, especially down low. She is able to quickly know her defenders presence and quickly move to the hoop for that short shot or layup.

Third, her defense. she is always on the balls of her feet, constantly moving/ bouncing and ready to move. And she is showing she can anticipate passes and its starting to get some steals.

I think she is going to cause SC a lot of trouble!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Just Gabulous. Every player at UConn has been unique in their own way, but I have never seen anyone who has such an incredible ability to kiss her shots off the glass from 5-10 feet away and who seems so comfortable with the notion that the board is so vital for almost every shot. And she is so Rodmaniac on rebounds that no opponent is going to have an answer for her in the years ahead. You wonder if she and Nina Davis of Baylor are one of the new models for a WCBB player that all of the top coaches will be desperately searching for.

Just a complete joy to watch, compounded by the fact that we will be seeing her for 130+ more games at UConn.

Reaction Score

The thing that gets me about Gabby is the consistency. I keep waiting for her to come down to earth, but the good games go on and on. What kind of minutes will she get on Monday?
I bet plenty, barring a meltdown on Saturday. She pays great in games and, according to Geno, she practices great. So aren't those the criteria?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think that the SC fans who are so (justly) proud of their bench may find the Huskies' bench considerably aggravating.

T

TroyHouse66

h-nut:
<<...she is always on the balls of her feet, constantly moving/ bouncing and ready to move.>>

CALLS for NCAA investigation of Gabby Williams
The NCAA officials will need to install a floor-level, stop-action camera just to verify Gabby's play. There's some question of legality involved.

There are several rebound/putbacks where Gabby was sandwiched between players... she seized the ball, rose up between the two, elevated above them, and scored! The levitation happened so quickly that there is some suggestion that her feet couldn't have touched the floor, before bounding so quickly.
Is there a formal NCAA prohibition against levitation? Can she be prosecuted for defying the laws of gravity? Could she be hit with sanctimonious sanctions? Does her play fall under NCAA or FAA regs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom