Congrats, Diana! | The Boneyard

Congrats, Diana!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not many WNBA players can score their age after they turn 30. Dee did, and she made it look easy. One of the best “catch and shoot” players in the league. ;)

I knew it was her night when she hit that fall-a-way jumper from the corner........hitting nothing but the net. I thought OMG!! :eek: Last night was the first time she scored 40+ points since 2010.

Last edited:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Per ESPN Stats & Information
  • Taurasi finished with 42 points, her most in a game since 2010 and the most she has scored in regulation in her career.
  • Her season high was also her first 40-point game since July 14, 2010.
  • At age 41, she is the oldest player with a 40-point game in WNBA history.
  • Taurasi had 32 points in the second half, the second most in any half in WNBA history
The White Mamba, who wears number three, passed 10,000 by hitting a three in the third quarter on the third day -- and did so at the 8:23 mark in the game on 8/2023.

@HuskyNan , @EricLA , @ucbart

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Congratulations to DT for adding first to 10,000 points to her legacy as the one and only GOAT!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What an incredible performance by the undisputed GOAT. And I loved all the tributes after the game. One of the best came from Carol Callan. But the list of who lined up to praise her was incredible.

My only nit - Dawn Staley made a comment, but nothing from Geno? Poor planning on the part of whoever organized it, and a real shame.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What an incredible performance by the undisputed GOAT. And I loved all the tributes after the game. One of the best came from Carol Callan. But the list of who lined up to praise her was incredible.

My only nit - Dawn Staley made a comment, but nothing from Geno? Poor planning on the part of whoever organized it, and a real shame.
I’d bet he was the first person to call her after the game

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just looked at the highlights from this game on SportsCenter. Among the accolades, hugs, and high-fives Dee received after the record-making shot, she also received the ball. A nice move by the team. Needless to say, it will find its rightful place in her massive trophy case.

I know there are some doubters here, but as I’ve already said.....I think this record stands for a long time (forever). Every time she scores from now until she retires, she puts this record further and further out of reach. We saw history made last night.

If she comes back next year, she’ll put it so far out there that no one will get close to breaking it, no matter how many times they increase the number of games for a regular WNBA season.

Your assignment today if you choose to accept it, is to research the top 15 (best) players in the history of the league. Note how old they were when they retired, and note how many career points they finished with.

Any up-and-coming player that has aspirations about breaking this record, has got to catch and pass those top 15 first. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ho hum!
Was there ever any doubt?
Problem with DT’s level of play is that the superb has always been her standard.
Congrats to this one in a billion Amazon

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Your assignment today if you choose to accept it, is to research the top 15 (best) players in the history of the league. Note how old they were when they retired, and note how many career points they finished with.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
This message will self destruct in 10 seconds

Reaction Score
Just looked at the highlights from this game on SportsCenter. Among the accolades, hugs, and high-fives Dee received after the record-making shot, she also received the ball. A nice move by the team. Needless to say, it will find its rightful place in her massive trophy case.

I know there are some doubters here, but as I’ve already said.....I think this record stands for a long time (forever). Every time she scores from now until she retires, she puts this record further and further out of reach. We saw history made last night.

If she comes back next year, she’ll put it so far out there that no one will get close to breaking it, no matter how many times they increase the number of games for a regular WNBA season.

Any up-and-coming player that has aspirations about breaking this record, has got to catch and pass those top 15 first. ;)
I am pretty sure that performance by DT should put the naysayers out to pasture saying that DT should step aside to let others play on the Olympic team.

I believe DT will set the record for playing AND WINNING six Golds, and no more tie with Sue Bird...

Reaction Score
To help with your research assignment: All Time Leaders

It would appear that Dewanna Bonner is the closest active player to DT at #8 with 6694, and Candice Parker is #9 with 6574. Not likely for either to catch DT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom