CONFIRMED: Boyle Takes Over as QB | The Boneyard

CONFIRMED: Boyle Takes Over as QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty amped about this.

Reaction Score
It certainly gives us something to be excited about. Look, the personnel issues don't get any better because of this, and I think there are a limited amount of changes to technique and plays you can put in during a season, but we'll have to see.

Reaction Score
Just comes a point where you just have to accept, Whitmer is what he is. He is a gamer, he is a talented passer under ideal situations. Those are his positives. His negatives, he is prone to the backbreaking turnover. The goal line interception against western Michigan stands out and I think it caused PGDL, to become even more conservative. Hopefully Whitmer stays sharp and ready. He is one play/sack/hit from being thrust back in there.

That said, im excited as heck to see what this kid has.

Reaction Score
Hey, I guess if there was ever a time to start fresh, it's now.

The USF game in a span of a day went from the most uninteresting home game in history (to me) to something I'm very excited about.

My feelings exactly! To me, 0-4 has been wiped out. Our season starts all over and the excitement is back.

Players, coaches, show me what you got!!!!

I hope we have a large and excited crowd throughout the rest of the season.

I know our tailgate will be ready!

Reaction Score
I feel like I did when I was single on the dating scene. You meet a new girl......you have hope, there's potential, there's butterflies....but in the end, she has to put out.

TJ has to put out.

I'm pretty sure TJ was already putting out to his PP. He was getting facked all season long.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I feel like I did when I was single on the dating scene. You meet a new girl......you have hope, there's potential, there's butterflies....but in the end, she has to put out.

TJ has to put out.
Post of the day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The key question is how fast can the OL adapt to a new blocking scheme. I fully expect a KISS approach. If it is successful the Boyle will have a chance to shine. If not...

GD Tom wait 62 seconds??? You are Killing me!

22 to go, HMMM HMMM HMM. Tom is a ___________

Makes up rules that suck.

HMMM, HMMM, HMMM.

There that ought to be 22 seconds worth....

Reaction Score
@UConnFootball: @CoachTJWeist formally announces that Tim Boyle will be starting QB when depth chart for USF game is released on Sunday #bleedblue

Reaction Score
@UConnFootball: @CoachTJWeist formally announces that Tim Boyle will be starting QB when depth chart for USF game is released on Sunday #bleedblue

That's officially offical.

Reaction Score

Well, that's clearly a PR move for the fan base.

Weist talked yesterday about how important it was for the offense to be able to pick up and block blitzes. Announcing that a true frosh QB is starting this far in front of a game? Blitzkrieg. Reality is that it's not like we wouldn't be blitzed like crazy anyway based on 4 games of film, so the announcing of a true frosh QB now is purely for sparking interest, publicity. that's fine.

But talk about throwing the gauntlet down and issuing a challenge, taking risks? The blitz was already coming to this offense, and it's only coming more now, so I hope they practice well. There is no doubt they are going to simplify the blocking and protections in the pass game, because they have to now.

I like it the challenge being thrown down, to both coaches and players.

Reaction Score
If you're going to do this giving him 2 weeks at #1 and simplifying the playbook some makes sense. He's going to need a lot of help up front. Those guys better be ready to sell out for the extra yard and the extra block. It will be fascinating to see what the philosophy is to keep some balance in the offense. He will have to pass and may have to run. He can run. Hoping we see some Hippolyte along with Max ripping off 5-10 yard runs.

Tim's a great athlete and if he's a fast learner we have a shot. I'm not addicted to the red shirt mentality but you need to consider the risks. Have to cut a new coach some slack here because of the situation. All in for possibly the highest potential recruit we've seen at this position.

Good luck Tim. The future is now.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

TJ has to put out.

There is a really good joke in here somewhere involving "putting out" and "PP"....but I just can't get it to work...lol.

Reaction Score
Well, that's clearly a PR move for the fan base.

I have a hard time believing an interim coach, fighting to save his job and the respectability of the program, is doing this just to juice the fan base. You gotta pick the kid who gives you the best chance to win. Let's not pretend Whitmer has been all sunshine and flowers. Maybe it's all the O-line. Maybe not. But it sounds like, from what we've heard in practices, that people think Boyle is ready.

Hard to believe they'd throw him to the wolves to sell a few more tickets. I hope.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Please be DanO 2.0...please!

I refer to a post yesterday re: "DanO 2.0" just can't name the source.

But please be DanO 2.0!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom