Confessions of a REAL Lady Vol Fan | The Boneyard

Confessions of a REAL Lady Vol Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
we have a great team. there's still a lot of work to do, but the last few years have been hard after losing pat and dealing with a transition. we had 10,000 fans at an exhibition game and will continue to keep fans in the seats. we love our players and are very excited for the season. regardless of what you think about holly or our players, no one can deny the fan support in lady vol nation.

most importantly, no real lady vol fan would ever create a thread like randomfan. i am shocked you all bit on that. ha.

good luck with the season.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Ha right back at you. You have a good team, not, by all accounts, a great one. Good luck with your Title 9 problems.

Reaction Score
if you don't want to be lumped in with the people you trash from the lady vol board, then be nice to the visitors. right? otherwise you are the same.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And thank you for your interest in UConn Womens Basketball. And by the way, I meant it; good luck with your WBB problems. I sincerely hope that the women win their lawsuit and Hart and his MPC minions get their whatzits tied in knots. Double ha.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
No question you folks have GREAT attendance - Pat built a loyal following and it continues.

Reaction Score
I don't think that anyone was questioning the popularity of the program. I have stated more than once on several boards that the LV's are "hands down" the most popular team in the country, or the world for that matter. And I don't think randomfan said that either. And speaking for myself, your team is loaded with talent.

As for what randomfan wrote about your team I find it reasonable compared to those LV fans who agree with Burdick's claim of vast superiority on your front line. It sounds like the things that were repeatedly posted by LV fans back in the late 90's, when it was valid. The only ties today to then that are still in the program are a couple of coaches. And a lot of fans.

I don't see randomfans comments as much different from what was posted late last night and today on "other" boards by loyal long time LV fans. It's called reality, and it set in on Fri. night.

You will still win most of the games this season. And while the UNC game may be a tough one, once Tenn gets back to TBA there will be some blowouts to salve wounded egos. But when tournament time rolls around and Tenn needs to win 3 in a row against quality teams in both the SEC Tourn (to win it) and the NCAA's (to get to the FF), their inconsistency will betray them once again.

Reaction Score
we have a great team. there's still a lot of work to do, but the last few years have been hard after losing pat and dealing with a transition. we had 10,000 fans at an exhibition game and will continue to keep fans in the seats. we love our players and are very excited for the season. regardless of what you think about holly or our players, no one can deny the fan support in lady vol nation.

most importantly, no real lady vol fan would ever create a thread like randomfan. i am shocked you all bit on that. ha.

Great is yet to be determined. You have great potential and great personnel. If yesterdays performance is any indication of the future you will have some struggles. Uconn is the defending national champions and have been to 6 straight final 4's. We return 4 of the 5 starters from said team and a dynamic point who scored 34 points a game last year. Thank you for your interest in Uconn Womens basketball. FYI, I have my tickets, hotel room , and flight to Nashville, do you?

Reaction Score
Great is yet to be determined. You have great potential and great personnel. If yesterdays performance is any indication of the future you will have some struggles. Uconn is the defending national champions and have been to 6 straight final 4's. We return 4 of the 5 starters from said team and a dynamic point who scored 34 points a game last year. Thank you for your interest in Uconn Womens basketball. FYI, I have my tickets, hotel room , and flight to Nashville, do you?

How thoughtful of you to come here to reassure us of what a "real lady vol fan" is. I for one wish there were more fans like randomfan posting on all boards. Posts like his/her's are a breath of fresh air instead of all the childish bickering that goes on between fans of different teams.
"i am shocked you all bit on that. ha." Really?
How about your own hardknoxville or armchair and convoluted on volnation. randonfan is not alone. So "ha" to you as well.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Random's post was interesting...yours, not so much.

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score

This is exactly the reaon it so frustrating to be a UT fan right now. No one questions the greatness of the Lady Vol's tradition or the amount of fan support we have. But at what point do we stop taking pride in moral victories like attendance records and face some reality. When did our standards change so much that a regulas season conference championship and an E8 were considered a good season? I absolutely hope to see our girls cutting down the nets in Nashville, and I applaud what Holly has done. But, it is my honest opinion that our program would have benefited more from some fresh ideas and philosophies. Perhaps Holly can change my opinion.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I like the disagreement between the two Lady Vol fans. It's sure more interesting than any disagreement between any
argument between 'Yarders , most of which discuss whether we just win 5 straight national championships or whether
we win 5 straight national championships while going undefeated.

Utenn did play their first game on the road at a place called Murfreesboro. I think that is where Murfree's law was first
discovered. The attendance was 11,200. We had 8100 in Hartford for the Hartford game.

I wanted to say something good about Utenn because current teaching is that no person, city or basketball team could be all
bad. There is one good thing about Knoxville. Dave Loggins wrote that fabulous song "Please come to Boston" which talks
about "the man from Tennesee." The sequel is not as good but "The girl from Knoxville" is a terrific sequel and the two together are
very hard to beat. An area that can inspire those songs can't be all bad.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
sampb33bb6448f5f1439.jpg

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Can't see the problem with Random's posts. He was realistic, he didn't bash his team.

We fight this battle on the RU board all the time. The realists (essentially saying this is a make or break season for Vivian) vs. the total rah-rah's (Viv should be rehired and we can't pay her enough, thankfully there are not too many of them) vs. the bashers that we all hate (should have been fired years ago and was never worth the money . . .).

I'm a "Random" where RU (and every team) is concerned. I root for a lot of teams, but I'm not unrealistic about their opportunities.

Reaction Score
again, anyone who believes RandomFan is actually a LV fan is a victim of wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
This is great. Two LV fans duking it out on the Boneyard. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This is great. Two LV fans duking it out on the Boneyard. :rolleyes:

Isn't that spelled "Dooking it out?" But more interestingly, why is a similar spectacle with Boneyarders not possible on The Summitt?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
we have a great team. there's still a lot of work to do, but the last few years have been hard after losing pat and dealing with a transition.
We had 10,000 fans at an exhibition game ...

How many of them paid for their tickets? What was the average ticket price?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The key word, Bill, is FROM! FROM Tennessee. You can't blame anyone for where they are from. In fact, being FROM Tennessee shows that you have good sense!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
RandomFan certainly SOUNDS like an LV fan, albeit without blinkers. LV9, on the other hand, sounds like a typical LV fan, no qualifying adjective called for, but supply you own if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom