Conference Is Legit | The Boneyard

Conference Is Legit

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Conference - wise. We will be able to recruit after this. No excuse.

0-12 to maybe 5 in the nation can happen in this conference.

Agree, but it's also easier for the better situated teams like UCF, USF and Houston. Even still, this game absolutely helps our ability to recruit.

Reaction Score
We might want to ask ourselves if this conference is actually better than the Big East, 2004+. Because it just might be. At least in football. We do have 1 men's national champship, as a conference. Don't need to say anything about women's bball.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
We have zero natural rivals in the AAC. But there is some consolation in knowing the AAC is a slightly better football conference than the Big East was.

Reaction Score
The school with the largest athletic budget in the entire G5 should be doing better in this league.

At basketball, yes, based on our pedigree. In football we're still competing against a bunch of southern schools in much more fertile recruiting grounds.

Reaction Score
UConn women's basketball is elegant trim, but the engine that makes the AAC is football.

Reaction Score
UConn women's basketball is elegant trim, but the engine that makes the AAC is football.
Not to speak for him, but think his post might have been a little tongue in cheek, so to speak.

Reaction Score
We might want to ask ourselves if this conference is actually better than the Big East, 2004+. Because it just might be. At least in football. We do have 1 men's national champship, as a conference. Don't need to say anything about women's bball.
Don’t we have 2? Didn’t Louisville win in 2013 as an AAC team?

Reaction Score
The school with the largest athletic budget in the entire G5 should be doing better in this league.
Yes, that's true but remember that school had PP and Dicko as head coaches for six years. Coaching is everything in football, look at big powerful LSU after Saban and some key assistants left on Miles watch. They suck now.

Reaction Score
Yes, that's true but remember that school had PP and Dicko as head coaches for six years. Coaching is everything in football, look at big powerful LSU after Saban and some key assistants left on Miles watch. They suck now.
I'd love to suck like LSU.

Reaction Score
And go 9-4, or so with a win over Auburn? Sign me up.
Look at how far that program has fallen though from where it was. That's my point, you must think UConn basketball is fine where it is now too. Coaching is everything. Not much of a difference between Les Miles and Kevin Ollie if you ask me. Lol

Reaction Score
Look at how far that program has fallen though from where it was. That's my point, you must think UConn basketball is fine where it is now too. Coaching is everything.
Sure coaching is everything. You won't find a bigger proponent of that than me on this board. Look at Mike Leach, the guy wins wherever he goes.

LSU has fallen from where they were under Saban because Saban, but I'm pretty sure they were top 25 this year. Uconn basketball is nowhere near that level. Again I'd love UConn football to suck like LSU.

Reaction Score
Sure coaching is everything. You won't find a bigger proponent of that than me on this board. Look at Mike Leach, the guy wins wherever he goes.

LSU has fallen from where they were under Saban because Saban, but I'm pretty sure they were top 25 this year. Uconn basketball is nowhere near that level. Again I'd love UConn football to suck like LSU.
The leash on football coaches is much shorter than on basketball coaches, but that doesn't mean Ollie won't be looking for a job soon too, like Les Miles was.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nope - that was final year of the old Big East.
...and we are still the same conference. So technically, I'm going with yes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A down year for LSU is playing on New Year's Day in Orlando against Notre Dame.

Yes, it is nice to wish for UConn to aspire to that level of success as a program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom