Commissioner Val’s New Idea | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Commissioner Val’s New Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This. Although the BIG east conference officiating is an issue, she needs to be 1 million percent focused on the TV contract.
Fully agree! I'm kind of worried that she may be only at 700,000% or or maybe 725,000%.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It might not be the top priority, but equal pay is coming for Division 1 college basketball officials and it is better to be in front of this issue instead of reacting to it later. The question of equal pay is going to be asked of all commissioners in the near future and can you imagine any commissioner saying the women's refs should be paid less than the men's refs? Never would happen in this day and age. And, remember, the NCAA has already been forced to make the Final Four experience equal for the men and women after all of the publicity showing that they were not.

This may be true, but my guess is that if it does happen, it will be due to the power conferences wanting to further disadvantage lesser conferences (forcing them to spend more of their meager revenues on officials) to imprive their position than to achieve what they are selling as equality.

Reaction Score
Im going to wait and judge her on the upcoming big east tv deal

Reaction Score
Im going to wait and judge her on the upcoming big east tv deal
And how long have you been waiting for that? Since when they had 5 teams in the tournament or 3?

Reaction Score
It might not be the top priority, but equal pay is coming for Division 1 college basketball officials and it is better to be in front of this issue instead of reacting to it later. The question of equal pay is going to be asked of all commissioners in the near future and can you imagine any commissioner saying the women's refs should be paid less than the men's refs? Never would happen in this day and age. And, remember, the NCAA has already been forced to make the Final Four experience equal for the men and women after all of the publicity showing that they were not.
Well I guess the NCAA’s fumbling of the UConn Men’s flight experience and back up flight, was a step in the right direction of merit less “equality” then.
Where does merit/audience $’s come into play?
Should D1 and D3 college refs get paid the same?
When you say equal pay are you saying equal pay for the same job or a similar function with less impact?
In business should a sales rep get paid the same regardless of the revenue he/she brings in?
Are you also considering women refs men’s Games and men ref women’s games - so where’s the inequality?

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Why stop at men’s and women’s hoops? The D3 rowing and equestrian officials deserve the same pay too, they work their tails off. Pay all officials the same regardless of sport; if attendance, demand, etc aren’t taken into account.

Reaction Score
I don't see the women's game actually growing long term. I think it's just a flash in the pan. The product just isn't good. It's being driven by a hype machine. Tons of people talking about it don't even watch the games. If you're gonna spend then sure keep spending on the hype machine and the marketing. But no one actually cares what the outcomes are or how they're officiated.
And you would be a male who has never been
To a women’s game!?

Re the product isn’t good the public seems to
Disagree

Reaction Score
And you would be a male who has never been
To a women’s game!?

Re the product isn’t good the public seems to
Disagree
I went to half a dozen women's game when I was at school. I stopped going because it's boring.

Reaction Score
Why stop at men’s and women’s hoops? The D3 rowing and equestrian officials deserve the same pay too, they work their tails off. Pay all officials the same regardless of sport; if attendance, demand, etc aren’t taken into account.
It seems some people don't understand what has been going on. Many basketball conferences already have equal pay. Virtually all other NCAA sports have equal pay already. From the figures I saw, the difference between the men's and women's basketball refs in the Big East was ~22%. It's not a material number to equalize pay. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom