Comedy Gold -WaylonSmither (nelsonmuntz) | The Boneyard

Comedy Gold -WaylonSmither (nelsonmuntz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I still think of him as waylonsmithers....

"Can UConn have a SOS of 80 to 100? Absolutely with this conference....UConn could get a SOS of as high as 60 with a very strong non-conference schedule."

UCONN's current SOS is 34

"Casual fans are already walking away."

Metro North is adding trains on Friday and the ticket is going for 25% more than the FF

"LOL. You realize how ignorant you sound? Are you really arguing that the AAC is just as good as the Big East from a basketball perspective?"

The AAC got as many bids (and just missed with SMU) and the BE doesn't have anyone playing right now. The AAC has two.

"I would even join the MAC for football over staying in this league for all sports."

The AAC champ beat the Big12 champ shortly after this post.

"The AAC is a mid-major league and the Big East is a big step up."

The AAC has twice as many teams in the top 30 Kempom than the BE

"The NBE and AAC are not remotely comparable"

Well, in a way, he did get this one right.

"I expect UConn to be well into the Top 20 of public universities by the time my kids are ready to go"

UCONN was #19 by US News at the time of this prediction. I expect today will be Wednesday.

"From a football standpoint, this is about as good as we can do outside the Top 5." vs. "If we could get a 2-3 game contract for national games with Fox, and then get the rest on SNY, we would make more money and get better exposure than we will under the AAC/ESPN deal. "

Yes. the same guy posted both of this.

"BTW, UConn is the only AAC team playing in the Sweet 16."

He doesn't even know who was in the league this year.

"The BE is not slightly better than the AAC, it is a lot better."

Right

"Does anything Fox does ever flop?"

9 of the 10 lowest rated games were on Fox Big East.

"Conference realignment is not solely driven by football."

Maybe lacrosse?

"Who has responded with facts? Math is the core of this debate, so there should be a fact based way to rebut my assertion if I am wrong."

Facts are tricky.

"Awesome MAC crowd at the football game yesterday. The conference decisions for UConn have been fail on top of fail."

When UCF won the BCS Bowl game, it was a bigger crowd. Fact.

"I don't think UConn is doing everything in its power to get more revenue. "

But I guess that mean turning down exit fees for less money in the BE?

"It is obvious to anyone that understands RPI, basketball, or even can describe what a basketball looks like that the AAC is a weak conference and the Big East is a lot better. "

That PC vs Seton Hall semi final in the BET was awesome compared to UCONN Cincy.

"You have been proven wrong. My original post was analysis, not opinion, and the assessment I made weeks ago is being proven more and more right every day."

No comment.

"The only thing stupider than staying in the AAC for basketball is to stay in it for football."

A wise man once said "From a football standpoint, this is about as good as we can do outside the Top 5."

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I'm amazed there are still people who don't have him on ignore.

Today is christmas and birthday rolled up in one.

No, not because UCONN is in MSG, but all the attention he is getting.

Reaction Score
You are talking about a guy who complained about traffic on campus after a game where he parked in a garage. You don't have to be a Mensa member to know that there are many better plans (such as parking in a free lot only a short walk from Gampel) for getting away from campus after a game.

Long winded and frequently wrong isn't a great combination.

Reaction Score
Honestly, sometimes Nelson has some interesting things to say, and, when he's not talking about this, I think he's a decent enough poster.

If he just did two things, he would be an infinitely better poster:
  1. Stop beating a dead horse
  2. Admit when he's wrong
I can live with the false dichotomies and straw mans. They're annoying, but no worse than many others. But, when you refuse to admit you were wrong about Stanley Robinson being a Big East calibre athlete, I mean, that's just pure stubbornness.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yeah, we really needed another thread for nelsonmuntz to announce that we're all idiots. Great.

Reaction Score
Honestly, sometimes Nelson has some interesting things to say, and, when he's not talking about this, I think he's a decent enough poster.

If he just did two things, he would be an infinitely better poster:

1. [ ]Stop beating a dead horse
    [ ]Admit when he's wrong
I can live with the false dichotomies and straw mans. They're annoying, but no worse than many others. But, when you refuse to admit you were wrong about Stanley Robinson being a Big East calibre athlete, I mean, that's just pure stubbornness.

To be fair, I believe he said a great athlete by Big East Standards, a little different, but still incorrect.

Nelson isn't so bad, he just makes his points using extremes, which make them seem ridiculous.

The initial post in this thread is creepy, anyone who posts a lot of opinions could have a thread made like this about them eventually.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
The initial post in this thread is creepy, anyone who posts a lot of opinions could have a thread made like this about them eventually.

So what you are saying is that BE is better this year?

(sorry, couldn't help it)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

See, I love posts like that because they allow for infinite call back humor material.

Reaction Score
So what you are saying is that BE is better this year?

(sorry, couldn't help it)

I'm ten toes in for the AAC as long as we're in it!

Clearly we need an AAC - NBE Challenge to settle our new rivalry.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The OP is full of mischaracterizations and errors, like continuing to use Louisville as evidence that the AAC is a good conference for UConn, so it doesn't deserve a point by point rebuttal. And btw, if you have to tell us something you wrote is funny, it probably isn't that funny.

Much more interesting is Huskybass' contribution to this thread. I mentioned one time that I got stuck in traffic for like 30 minutes on 44 leaving the Florida game, and it has clearly bothered him. I have probably made 500 posts since that one about all kinds of topics, but Huskybass won't be deterred. I didn't know a short cut back to I-84W, and that is apparently an unforgivable sin.

Reaction Score
I hate threads that call other posters out.

However, that one amused me once it hit, "I expect today will be Wednesday."

Except Waylon would tell you with a straight face that it's Thursday.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
You miserable facking bass turds.

Less than 48 hours away from game time and the kids are engaged in a spitball fight.

We're two days removed from a our first Sweet 16 game in 3 years. Let's focus on that.

Agreed, who cares. Mojo on the board has been lacking of late, needs a boost. Whos got a Senhor photoshop for me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom