Colorado in Big XII | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Colorado in Big XII

Reaction Score
It's illogical to invite 4 PAC schools and pass on UConn unless 2 of those 4 schools are Oregon and Washington. And it's unlikely that Oregon and Washington leave right now.

Reaction Score
Exactly - the whole issue with the PAC is that no one east of the Rocky Moutains care about watching the PAC schools due to lack of national relevance/late night east coast start times. Why would the Big12 make a mistake by taking 4 of these options? Also, gotta help WV, Cincinnati and UCF a bit happier about time zone/travel challenges. UConn is an answer to all of this.
Yeah, sadly they're the lonely bar game on the east coast

Reaction Score
The B12 has been very clear that the 4 corner schools are their top choice. I can’t believe that they would take a pass on Washington & Oregon as well.

Reaction Score
The PAC can get a media deal, but the amount per team is less than the B12. Their timing was really bad with the B12 getting the ESPN deal last year. That doesn’t mean that the PAC 12 does not have very attractive brands and markets.

Washington, Oregon, Stanford, AZ, ASU, CU and Utah are all B12 targets. Those are very good brands to add. Cal might be more in the OSU & WSU mold, heading to the Mt. West
The B12 has been very clear that the 4 corner schools are their top choice. I can’t believe that they would take a pass on Washington & Oregon as well.
I think it’s all over but the crying.

Reaction Score
The only thing that counts is getting very good in football. Market the program by playing a game in NYC and another at Gillette. If successful, we will end up in either the B1G or the ACC. We can’t continue to play in Hartford drawing under 30k.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
uconn thinking they're even on our radar?
Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

we're going big game fishing boys, sorry.
Lol at your use of the term "our". Cincinnati is like one of those seat fillers in a rental tux at the Oscars. There was a gap and you were available at a discount. Don't worry when Connecticut's in as a full share member we'll remember the little institutions, like Cincinnati, that we stepped over on our way up.

(We are, of course, still doomed, however.)

Reaction Score
uconn thinking they're even on our radar?
Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

we're going big game fishing boys, sorry.

Didn't your new football coach lose to BC last year when he coached Louisville? Now that is funny. It was charitable of you guys to give him a job when he was on the hot seat.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Lol at your use of the term "our". Cincinnati is like one of those seat fillers in a rental tux at the Oscars. There was a gap and you were available at a discount. Don't worry when Connecticut's in as a full share member we'll remember the little institutions, like Cincinnati, that we stepped over on our way up.

(We are, of course, still doomed, however.)
Unfortunately, it's because of UConn and the rest of the BE that Cincy was able to get a golden ticket and we are still stuck in purgatory. If we left them in C-USA, they wouldn't have had the stage to grow their programs. Then they wouldn't have come along to the AAC, yet they probably would have been added. All of this growth, and they deserve tons of credit for pulling off successful football hire after successful football hire, was started by us and the rest of the BE bringing them in when BC, Syracuse, and Pitt all left.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, it's because of UConn and the rest of the BE that Cincy was able to get a golden ticket and we are still stuck in purgatory. If we left them in C-USA, they wouldn't have had the stage to grow their programs. Then they wouldn't have come along to the AAC, yet they probably would have been added. All of this growth, and they deserve tons of credit for pulling off successful football hire after successful football hire, was started by us and the rest of the BE bringing them in when BC, Syracuse, and Pitt all left.
Cincinnati will go another 60+ years of never winning a championship in anything. Second best college football team in that part of Ohio, 4th best college basketball team in that part of Ohio.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12s preferences are probably something like this:

1) Oregon
2) Washington
3) Arizona
4) UConn
5) Arizona State
6) Stanford
7) Utah

With 3 spots open. Stanford will say no anyways so that can be removed. Feels like Washington is a no as well. Oregon is a maybe. But Oregon + Arizona + UConn gets you to 16 and really balances the conference.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati will go another 60+ years of never winning a championship in anything. Second best college football team in that part of Ohio, 4th best college basketball team in that part of Ohio.
You're delirious right? Cincinnati is far better in hoops than Xavier (never made a final four - Cincinnati has 6 including 2 titles) and Dayton (18 tourneys, 1 final four.)

Reaction Score
If CU goes to the B12, then the PAC 12 will fall apart. It means that they really don’t have a TV contract and without the Denver market it gets worse for the PAC 12.

I don’t see the B1G expanding unless they can find another media partner to pay them 200 million to add Washington & Oregon. The same goes for the SEC. That leaves the ACC, and ESPN has some money to spend to further expand the ACCN. Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal , AZ & ASU are all potential targets
I don’t think usc/ucla is sustainable over the long term by themselves. BiG will want a few more western schools.

Reaction Score
Xavier beats their arse every time they play. You can hold water for Cincinnati but Oscar isn't walking through that door. Miserable program.
Land of delusional left overs…nobody dreams of going there. Pathetic, poser institution.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12s preferences are probably something like this:

1) Oregon
2) Washington
3) Arizona
4) UConn
5) Arizona State
6) Stanford
7) Utah

With 3 spots open. Stanford will say no anyways so that can be removed. Feels like Washington is a no as well. Oregon is a maybe. But Oregon + Arizona + UConn gets you to 16 and really balances the conference.
I thought I heard awhile back that AZ and ASU are bound by state law to be in the same conference. One can’t move without the other. Can anyone confirm.

Reaction Score
I thought I heard awhile back that AZ and ASU are bound by state law to be in the same conference. One can’t move without the other. Can anyone confirm.
The President of one of those schools denied it.

Reaction Score
Xavier beats their arse every time they play. You can hold water for Cincinnati but Oscar isn't walking through that door. Miserable program.
The all-time series is 51-39 Cincinnati but ok. Lots of people have short memories I guess.

Reaction Score
If the PAC 12 invites San Diego State to replace Colorado, then I think UConn goes to the Big 12.

I don't think Yormark wants to kill the PAC 12 even though he just killed the PAC 12.

I believe UConn gets the call soon.

Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think my only hope is Oregon and Arizona both wanna jump, so they need a 4th school to round it out, and the remaining PAC schools seem less appealing than us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom