Point Center
Reaction Score
Things that need to happen for UConn to join the Big 12:

1) Big 12 has to decide to go to 16.
2) Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal go to Big 10
3) Arizona and Arizona State go to Big 12
4) BYU blocks Utah in revenge for Utah blocking BYU to the Pac 12 for years
5) UConn takes the last spot.

That is the only scenario in which UConn joins the Big 12.

Reaction Score

I don't think we need all of that. We just need remaining Pac 12 members to drag their feet long enough.

Reaction Score

Why 2 and 3? Those schools could just stay put, and we get added.

Reaction Score
Reports out there that Oregon State is joining Arizona and Arizona State, along with Colorado.

Reaction Score
I don't think we need all of that. We just need remaining Pac 12 members to drag their feet long enough.
Would the B12 line us up as a fallback, allow us to dangle for a week while they try to pry AZ or Utah loose, and then let us know they are settling for us only if everyone else says no? Seems like they would immediately devalue us and initiate a long-term partnership on a very tender note.

Reaction Score
Would the B12 line us up as a fallback, allow us to dangle for a week while they try to pry AZ or Utah loose, and then let us know they are settling for us only if everyone else says no? Seems like they would immediately devalue us and initiate a long-term partnership on a very tender note.
I mean... What are we going to do if that happens? Decide to not join? They're in a position of power. They can dangle whatever they want.

Reaction Score
I mean... What are we going to do if that happens? Decide to not join? They're in a position of power. They can dangle whatever they want.
You think they are in a position of power if they settle for their fifth choice? That devalues the value of their conference in the eyes of their existing membership, too. It would reek of desperation, and frankly, that is not how a stable conference would operate. They have had years to make their strongest move. They want whoever comes I. To feel wanted, both for the benefit of their new teams, and to reinforce the value of their conference to existing members.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
uconn thinking they're even on our radar?
Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

we're going big game fishing boys, sorry.

Reaction Score
I think it's crazy that only 1 school like Colorado can hold the keys to the bus.
If the Pac 12 is being held together by Colorado - then you know it's just a house of cards- UConn is as viable an addition to the Big 12 as any other school and they are stronger academically and on the court than Colorado

Reaction Score
I think it's crazy that only 1 school like Colorado can hold the keys to the bus.
If the Pac 12 is being held together by Colorado - then you know it's just a house of cards- UConn is as viable an addition to the Big 12 as any other school and they are stronger academically and on the court than Colorado
Yeah not enough people are talking about this. Colorado stinks at basically everything. It's weird how highly regarded the move is and how on-board people are. I don't see logically how you can be high on Colorado and down on UConn

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
Now Oregon State is hilarious LOLLLL, what do they bring geographically? what do they bring viewership wise? what do they bring besides every 4-6 years or so they put together a good football team? UConn is the only school that gets you into the NYC market with football that's available, that alone makes them a much more attractive program to the B12, I think the B12 hasn't talked to anyone at Oregon State in 6 or 7 months.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah not enough people are talking about this. Colorado stinks at basically everything. It's weird how highly regarded the move is and how on-board people are. I don't see logically how you can be high on Colorado and down on UConn
Colorado was a charter member of the Big 12 (8). We are not.

Reaction Score
If CU goes to the B12, then the PAC 12 will fall apart. It means that they really don’t have a TV contract and without the Denver market it gets worse for the PAC 12.

I don’t see the B1G expanding unless they can find another media partner to pay them 200 million to add Washington & Oregon. The same goes for the SEC. That leaves the ACC, and ESPN has some money to spend to further expand the ACCN. Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal , AZ & ASU are all potential targets

I think it’s more likely the B12 might just go to 20 teams and take the remaining 8 PAC teams and OSU & WSU go to the MT. West. B12 takes over the PAC TV network.

Reaction Score
If CU goes to the B12, then the PAC 12 will fall apart. It means that they really don’t have a TV contract and without the Denver market it gets worse for the PAC 12.

I don’t see the B1G expanding unless they can find another media partner to pay them 200 million to add Washington & Oregon. The same goes for the SEC. That leaves the ACC, and ESPN has some money to spend to further expand the ACCN. Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal , AZ & ASU are all potential targets

I think it’s more likely the B12 might just go to 20 teams and take the remaining 8 PAC teams and OSU & WSU go to the MT. West. B12 takes over the PAC TV network.
Why would they add a bunch of teams that couldn't get a media deal?

Reaction Score
The PAC can get a media deal, but the amount per team is less than the B12. Their timing was really bad with the B12 getting the ESPN deal last year. That doesn’t mean that the PAC 12 does not have very attractive brands and markets.

Washington, Oregon, Stanford, AZ, ASU, CU and Utah are all B12 targets. Those are very good brands to add. Cal might be more in the OSU & WSU mold, heading to the Mt. West

Reaction Score
Exactly - the whole issue with the PAC is that no one east of the Rocky Moutains care about watching the PAC schools due to lack of national relevance/late night east coast start times. Why would the Big12 make a mistake by taking 4 of these options? Also, gotta help WV, Cincinnati and UCF a bit happier about time zone/travel challenges. UConn is an answer to all of this.

Reaction Score
The PAC can get a media deal
Then where is it. Of course they can get a garbage deal but they can't get anything remotely decent otherwise it would be done already. If the PAC-12 had a deal that could keep Colorado they would have rushed it to the Presidents and AD's to keep everything together

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Only way UConn goes to Big 12 is if the university presidents agree to a basketball-only deal. Yormack wants this for his little basketball TNT-deal daydream scenario.

No one will accept us and share money as a full member, they’d rather take Arizona, Utah, Memphis, or Oregon.

Reaction Score
Then where is it. Of course they can get a garbage deal but they can't get anything remotely decent otherwise it would be done already. If the PAC-12 had a deal that could keep Colorado they would have rushed it to the Presidents and AD's to keep everything together
Why are u engaging with this person?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom