College Soccer | The Boneyard

College Soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Remember that proposed initiative that was being mulled over to extend the season? According to this article, it sounds like that is what is going to happen.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...nges-player-development-structures-youth-nati

“U.S. Soccer is collaborating with the NCAA to make changes to the college soccer model that will benefit the health and wellness of the athletes by extending the season over a longer period of time,” the federation explained in a press release."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Every once in a while I stumble upon a college soccer game on TV. After 30 seconds I'm amazed that there could be enough people watching that would make televising it worthwhile.

Reaction Score
Watching UConn beat UCLA in LA last year in the playoffs and then watching a 100 or so UConn fans storm the field was good TV.

Reaction Score
I watched the ACC Championship game and it was pretty good. Clemson scored a goal in overtime to win it.

I don't like how the clock counts down, and I am not crazy about the sub rules.

Reaction Score

Sorry; but have not been a fan of PC since the late 1990's when they changed their ticket policy so that if someone wanted to buy a few tickets for UConn v. PC games at the Donut, one had to buy PC games for 2 other games, too. I guess PC got tired of the old Donut being call Gampel Pavilion East. Always had a blast with some Boston area friends driving down for a game and a night out in Providence.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AAC doesn't look like it such a great soccer conference.

Reaction Score
AAC doesn't look like it such a great soccer conference.

Agree as UConn has a down year, especially when it came to scoring goals, while SMU, which has some decent history, has been down for a while now.

Reaction Score
Agree as UConn has a down year, especially when it came to scoring goals, while SMU, which has some decent history, has been down for a while now.

Read somewhere that our forward might be the first pick in the draft, if he choses MLS. Maryland's keeper Zach Steffen just signed a contract with a Bundesliga club.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sorry; but have not been a fan of PC since the late 1990's when they changed their ticket policy so that if someone wanted to buy a few tickets for UConn v. PC games at the Donut, one had to buy PC games for 2 other games, too. I guess PC got tired of the old Donut being call Gampel Pavilion East. Always had a blast with some Boston area friends driving down for a game and a night out in Providence.

I hated that too. I live 20-25 minutes from Providence. I still found I could buy tickets via Stub Hub or other means and avoid the package.

It is amazing that PC is actually good at soccer. UConn always dominated them in the Big East and the crowd was even more lopsided...often 200-300 UConn students and zero PC students for games @PC.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Happy to see it. Wish you were more competitive back in the Big East. I recall some great battles with Seton Hall back then (lots of players from Ireland).

Reaction Score
I hated that too. I live 20-25 minutes from Providence. I still found I could buy tickets via Stub Hub or other means and avoid the package.

It is amazing that PC is actually good at soccer. UConn always dominated them in the Big East and the crowd was even more lopsided...often 200-300 UConn students and zero PC students for games @PC.

The late 90's were long before Stubhub and one had to drive to a G Fox store to get Ticketmaster events.

PS was good in Field Hockey and Women's Basketball when I was at UConn. Soccer, not so much. In men's basketball, PC always gave UConn fits no matter what our record was. I caught the '99 champ team at the Donut and then spent the money I won from my PC friend I went with on on of those fine establishments in town :)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The late 90's were long before Stubhub and one had to drive to a G Fox store to get Ticketmaster events.

PS was good in Field Hockey and Women's Basketball when I was at UConn. Soccer, not so much. In men's basketball, PC always gave UConn fits no matter what our record was. I caught the '99 champ team at the Donut and then spent the money I won from my PC friend I went with on on of those fine establishments in town :)

Yes, but I could buy single game UConn road tickets from PC directly until I think three years ago. The last two games in the Big East were in packages, but I found single game tickets easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom