College Football Playoff To 12 Teams | Page 3 | The Boneyard

College Football Playoff To 12 Teams

Reaction Score
Starting in 2026 G5 conference teams will have a realistic chance of making the playoffs. Coastal Carolina and other top G5 schools must be very excited about the new playoffs. The realistic odds of UCONN as an independent gaining an at large bid will be about 1 - 5000 in other words not realistic at all. Sorry.

Sure if we were to beat Ohio State on the road and run the table impressively with the rest our games it could happen, but good luck with that.

Reaction Score
Point 3 states that the 4 highest ranked conference champs get seeded 1-4. Expect Notre Dame to join a conference.
I expect the ACC to bend over and allow a partial member to take the ACC championship slot if said partial member is ranked higher than any other ACC member. Of course it's not up to just the ACC but that partial member will figure out a way to have its cake.

Reaction Score
I expect the ACC to bend over and allow a partial member to take the ACC championship slot if said partial member is ranked higher than any other ACC member. Of course it's not up to just the ACC but that partial member will figure out a way to have its cake.
Interesting. Hadn’t thought of that

Reaction Score
IMO only if the AAC and MW champs both have two plus losses (for auto spot) or there isn't a two-loss P5 team or undefeated Army or UConn (for at-large).
Northern Illinois was the best G5 team recently. That year they could have leapfrogged other G5 champs.

Reaction Score
I really see no reason for 12 because I don't like anyone getting a bye in a tournament. But I am okay with the top six conference champions and then maybe the next two highest ranked teams. Eight is fine and it could allow some of the other bowl games to survive. But they feel like more teams means more money so that's the direction they go. An unbalanced tournament. But it does give chances to some other conferences so not all bad. At least for now.
Nobody should get a bye. But they can’t resist stacking the deck somehow.

Reaction Score
Should be all conference champs and then the remaining highest ranked teams to fill out the 12. Only fair playoffs.

Reaction Score
Nobody (once the SWC went by the wayside) has cheated at an SEC level beyond the SEC.

That conference has had at least one school on some form of probation for football violations every year since 1979.

I think you have forgotten the Ohio State and Southern Cal football scandals, just to name two.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think you have forgotten the Ohio State and Southern Cal football scandals, just to name two.
Two, vs how many in the SEC over the past four and a half decades?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom