College Coaching Carousel - Version 2017 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

College Coaching Carousel - Version 2017

Reaction Score

Looks like 10 yr contracts and A&M go hand in hand...although how far have things come..10 yrs/$3 million TOTAL

Reaction Score
Chasing even bigger SEC bucks, Jimbo Fisher gets out of dodge (Free Shoes U) with an added bonus of putting distance between him and an ex-wife who cheated with her fitness instructor / ex-Florida football player (Gator, not Seminole).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Leach is such a loose cannon. He seems better off in backwater places like Lubbock and Pullman than somewhere with more media attention and a demanding fan base like Tennessee.

Don't see it listed here, Oregon St. hired Washington offensive coordinator (and former OSU qb) Johnathan Smith for their vacant head coaching job. Not a splashy hire, but they were going to have a hard time luring a big name guy w/ previous HC experience. Will be a big rebuilding job, they were terrible this year.

Already a fair bit of movement in the Pac 12 and it might not be over yet. Florida is rumored to be trying to get Willie Taggart from Oregon, you have the Leach rumors. Not sure if anyone else's seat is warm. Rich Rodriguez probably shouldn't feel too comfortable.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wonder if the new FSU coach will grant that promised walk on scholarship to Odell Sheffield.....

Reaction Score
Any agent worth his salt is going to use this mess in Knoxville to extract more $$ for their clients to stay put at their current schools

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Inevitable. He was either a coward or incompetent in the way he handle the situation with Shady. This is the ending he deserved.

I think Summlin ends up there. I think Jimbo takes the A&M job and Teggart goes to Tallahassee.

Oregon then offers Kelly $12 million a year to quit the UCLA job he hasn't started. Ducks get their guy back and Phil Knight get to stick it to an Under Armour school. I don't believe that paragraph, but anything is possible at this point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Inevitable. He was either a coward or incompetent in the way he handle the situation with Shady. This is the ending he deserved.

I think Summlin ends up there. I think Jimbo takes the A&M job and Teggart goes to Tallahassee.

Oregon then offers Kelly $12 million a year to quit the UCLA job he hasn't started. Ducks get their guy back and Phil Knight get to stick it to an Under Armour school. I don't believe that paragraph part, but anything is possible at this point.

Currie should’ve been fired the second the Schiano debacle unfolded. Now they’ve wasted a week with a lame duck incompetent fool getting played by numerous coaches to get raises at their current job. I’m shedding no tears.

Reaction Score
Currie should’ve been fired the second the Schiano debacle unfolded. Now they’ve wasted a week with a lame duck incompetent fool getting played by numerous coaches to get raises at their current job. I’m shedding no tears.

You said it better.

On the bright side, he was allowed to make Christmas a lot better for several other coaches.

Reaction Score
Isn't the Browns owner Haslam a big donor at Tennessee? Why would anyone listen to that moron? All those wins the Browns haven't had over the years would really help in a coaching search

Reaction Score
Leach is such a loose cannon. He seems better off in backwater places like Lubbock and Pullman than somewhere with more media attention and a demanding fan base like Tennessee.

Yeah it's funny thinking about Leach interacting with that fan base. I think their fanbase is delusional and Leach is the kind of guy who will tell they are full of crap, which will go over oh so well. Unless he wins 9 or 10 games a year, I predict a short marriage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom