Colin Cowherd's view on Penn State Situation... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Colin Cowherd's view on Penn State Situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not well read on the issue at all. But, my sense is it is a combination of genetics and environment. Everything I read suggests most pedophiles were sexually abused as children themselves. Hence, I think the environmental factors play a significant role.

Nothing can excuse the action however, and these folks simply need to be removed from general society to stop this awful cycle of abuse.

Reaction Score
The first part of this describes a certain coach in this state. Would you say that the power relations at Uconn are out of whack? Of course I am not suggesting that anything like PSU covering for an ex-coach has or would happen here, but if I am a BOT member at Uconn, I would probably want to look at the dynamics in this state and at the school as well. Hell, if I am Duke, Bama, LSU, FLA, etc., where a single coach in any sport is the face that the world identifies with the university, I would be looking at the "power relations" very carefully and trying to implement some changes to bring the balance back to where it should be.

On one of your other points, PSU needs to dismiss the entire football staff, the entire AD and the Trustees on the Athletics Committee even before finding a new president. Just from a public relations point of view, you need to do it. You need to clean house and you need to do it quickly.

It goes beyond this. If the President, the one in charge of the university, is afraid of the BOT and political interference, then that will cause a distortion. The football coach doesn't even have to be powerful or famous. If there is sufficient political pressure on the success of a football program, then a President might act in a similar fashion. PSU's president is renowned in his field of family counseling, and is also a bigwig on many boards and higher education committees.

Reaction Score
The Auburn coach had a terrible record at Iowa State and was a very controversial hire. Maybe PSU will be a better fit for Edsall as the place recruits its self and they are in desperate need of a disciplinarian right now.

Gene Chizik had been a coach at Auburn before, he was a known quantity and had been successful and in demand as a coordinator before taking the Iowa State job. He had been under consideration for a long time.

Auburn is a different situation than Iowa State for sure. Getting Cam Newton doesn't hurt either.

Reaction Score
I don't quite agree. It's not because of football. It's any place where the power gets concentrated in an old boy network. At PSU is was football, it could be something else in other places. Makes me think about that bastard John Rowland. He disgraced his state as governor but kept his mouth shut, served his slap on the wrist and now it's all forgotten.
Sorry OT, but THIS! Drives me nuts to be flipping stations and he is still bestowed the title of Governor by the station, callers, etc. For the record it is incorrect (and disrespectful to the current office holder) to address any former Governor or President as such. "The honorable Mr. Bush or Mr Clinton" are the only appropriate titles.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Colin Cowherd said that Jim Calhoun became sick and missed a game in the 2009 NCAA tournament was because he knew he was caught and was going to be exposed as a cheater

the man is a jacka$$, and doesn't know anything more than any of us do

he's just paid to make things up that serve his agenda

Reaction Score
Sorry OT, but THIS! Drives me nuts to be flipping stations and he is still bestowed the title of Governor by the station, callers, etc. For the record it is incorrect (and disrespectful to the current office holder) to address any former Governor or President as such. "The honorable Mr. Bush or Mr Clinton" are the only appropriate titles.

I fully agree.

It would be interesting, by the way, to know how many people are o.k. with a former Governor being on the take but coming out of prison and not being treated as a crook, but are outraged that an assistant football coach hasn't been immediately fired because he acted as a whistleblower but didn't follow up and report a crime outside of his organization.

Reaction Score
I fully agree.

It would be interesting, by the way, to know how many people are o.k. with a former Governor being on the take but coming out of prison and not being treated as a crook, but are outraged that an assistant football coach hasn't been immediately fired because he acted as a whistleblower but didn't follow up and report a crime outside of his organization.

And, since the victim of that crime is unknown, he must have been the one that eventually alerted the prosecution to it. And he did it without forewarning a couple superiors who apparently denied knowledge.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I say this in all honesty -- you should be shot for comparing covering up the rape of children with the way Edsall left UConn. When Edsall did your fiance, did he make you bring him the condom?

what's with all the stretches going on around here?

now you can't even suggest why Randy wouldn't be a good hire for PSU without being dragged into that child rape garbage

Reaction Score
what's with all the stretches going on around here?

now you can't even suggest why Randy wouldn't be a good hire for PSU without being dragged into that child rape garbage

Uh -- this is a thread about child rape.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There is nothing wrong with the school. There was a failure of leadership and of certain individuals. Replace them with the right people and they will be fine. I have met too many people who absolutely buy in to the ideals PSU tries to represent. They are invested fully. It is what allows them to fill their stadium, to run the largest student philanthropic organization and to have nearly 400 former players show up to support the university on short notice. It's what causes the utter devastation I have seen in them since the news broke that something they truly loved could have been a part of something so terrible. Almost none of it has to do with Paterno.

As for the "riots," I think that's too strong a term. If you know the area,a lot more damage would have happened if it was an actual riot. This was a few dozen idiots among the crowd.

I'd be careful playing the my school is better card, Uconn would love to have that kind student and alumni support. They are building a 10k seat stadium for what was until recently a club hockey program and we can't scrape together enough for a facility for our 10-time champion BB programs.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Subba is right on. And especially for the need to step up our own support for UConn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Subba is right on. And especially for the need to step up our own support for UConn.

No sale, Nos. The "We are PS" is BS. It's been exposed as dangerous nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom