Cochran is done | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cochran is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very sad news for Casey, but it's never a bad decision to play it safe with brain injuries.

That said, how idiotic does it look now to have burned Boyle's redshirt last year. This guarantees he'll never get a chance to use it.

Reaction Score
Well you have to believe the team knew this was a pretty good possibility since it is announced today which is why it is even more confusing why they didn't use Boyle in the game on Saturday. They will have to use him now, so when Whitmer was struggling they should have put Boyle in and let him get the game experience against a Stony Brook. Puzzling?

Reaction Score
Duncan Idaho said:
Probably why he waited so long to inform the staff. Good luck to him in any future endeavor.

Yep. Glad he thought better of it. Health comes first. I just feel so bad for him. Hope those close to him reach out.

Reaction Score
Oh, man. Tough news to hear.

Wishing CC the best for the future. Sorry his career got cut short so soon.

As for the fortunes of our football team . . . . . . . . . ouch.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I feel horrible for the kid but as a parent with a son not much younger than Casey I absolutely believe that his (potential) football career is not worth risking his future over.

I now am firmly in the "if Boyle is currently better than Whitmer play Boyle" camp and I believe we absolutely need to look into landing a JUCO for next year and see if there is some way to find a post grad (eligible immediately) transfer as well.

Reaction Score
Oh, man. Tough news to hear.

Wishing CC the best for the future. Sorry his career got cut short so soon.

As for the fortunes of our football team . . . . . . . . . ouch.
Yeah, it was gonna be tough to grind out a bowl with him. Now,.... very little chance. Bring on the Boyle era.

Reaction Score
Unreal. Obviously, I hope that Casey is o.k. and, other than the disappointment, hope that this has no long term effects on his life.

Oh the team? The program? We're screwed.

I'll bet Boyle gets snaps against Boise, since it's still a "preseason" game. I'm also sure the best QB will play. My guess is the staff believes that it is Whitmer, but we'll obviously see. If we get to 4-8 this year, it will really surprise me.

Reaction Score
Unreal. Obviously, I hope that Casey is o.k. and, other than the disappointment, hope that this has no long term effects on his life.

Oh the team? The program? We're screwed.

I'll bet Boyle gets snaps against Boise, since it's still a "preseason" game. I'm also sure the best QB will play. My guess is the staff believes that it is Whitmer, but we'll obviously see. If we get to 4-8 this year, it will really surprise me.
I change the post above yours from "no chance" to "very little chance". Crushing to our team and program but it is what is.

Reaction Score
Very glad to see Casey, his family, and the school putting his long-term health first and foremost. I know it's a tough decision but it was the right one. I'm guessing he might have a future career in coaching....

Reaction Score
CC made the right decision-he chose life.

The team and program really need the fans to have their backs.

Would love to see a big crowd for the Boise St. game regardless but the team could really use the support now.

Cheer them like you never cheered before. The 12th man is needed more than ever.

Reaction Score
Poor kid. This is terrible news for this season and the programs short term future. Best of luck to Casey outside of football. Have to feel some sympathy for the young man.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Very sad for young Casey. A major hope for UConn football and this happens.The only responses in this thread should be for Casey, not some disguised "NEXT"!! response.

Since DanO left this position has been vexed by someone.

Reaction Score
I feel horrible for the kid but as a parent with a son not much younger than Casey I absolutely believe that his (potential) football career is not worth risking his future over.

I now am firmly in the "if Boyle is currently better than Whitmer play Boyle" camp and I believe we absolutely need to look into landing a JUCO for next year and see if there is some way to find a post grad (eligible immediately) transfer as well.

Don't forget about Shireffs, but this thread is about Casey.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Don't forget about Shireffs, but this thread is about Casey.

I didn't (and mentioned him in another thread) but unfortunately he cannot suit up for us this season.

Reaction Score
Wow I thought I was bad with some of my crazy comments during the basketball season but this is this kids life. You NEVER put a team, sports or a win loss record before good health and life.

That's not what I said or meant. More of a "f- me" when something bad happens. Man, you folks are touchy.

In positive news, Mike Enright confirms that UConn will honor Casey's scholarship. So there's that.

Reaction Score
I didn't (and mentioned him in another thread) but unfortunately he cannot suit up for us this season.

A JUCO won't help until next season either. Too late at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom