Coack K article on reconsidering playing during Covid | The Boneyard

Coack K article on reconsidering playing during Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I’m starting to share his sentiments. At this point it’s semi-disturbing that they are playing college sports while this pandemic rages on. The NCAA has basically completely admitted that their values lie in TV money. What’s going to be the ramifications if a college athlete passes away due to covid complications he/she contracted while playing or practicing? Obviously no one wants it, and it’s the worst-case scenario, but I’m just asking “what if?”

Reaction Score

His team not looking too good this year so of course he's interested in reconsider. Lol
Agreed, I guarantee you if they were dominating and 4-0 you wouldn't here a peep out of him! I watched the game against Illinois and the score doesn't indicate how much better Illinois is than Duke...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Much like the big 10 with their fraudulent nonsense

Funny how now he Changes his tune to benefit himself

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, sports don't matter right now. Unless you have a solid game plan like the NBA bubble this summer, no sports should be played at this time. All it's doing is exacerbating the problem. Frankly, it's a smack in the face to healthcare workers. When I come home from work at the hospital, you think I care who won the Cowboy's/Raven's game yesterday? Then I see some fans in the stands at some sporting events. It screams money over human life. It's disgusting. I love UConn basketball, but if the season was cancelled I would be okay with it for the sake of humanity, life and health.

Reaction Score
Way to f i g h t for your kids. This is a look at me front.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He is going to find some way to distance himself and his record from this current team

Reaction Score
It can be done, need to have a strategic plan in place and not a BS plan. Be prepared to deal with someone testing positive. Players, coaches and staff members can't be going out period. The same is really true for all of us, the average person isnt getting tested every day. Create a bubble atmosphere on campus, on the road, during travel. You dont want them to spread covid to elderly relatives thats the key but they themselves are fine, actually playing and being on campus is safer for them.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, sports don't matter right now. Unless you have a solid game plan like the NBA bubble this summer, no sports should be played at this time. All it's doing is exacerbating the problem. Frankly, it's a smack in the face to healthcare workers. When I come home from work at the hospital, you think I care who won the Cowboy's/Raven's game yesterday? Then I see some fans in the stands at some sporting events. It screams money over human life. It's disgusting. I love UConn basketball, but if the season was cancelled I would be okay with it for the sake of humanity, life and health.
Totally understand your position. You are at risk where you are working and even one unnecessary Covid patient/athlete/fan, is one too many, and is one more risk for you, in spite of taking the best possible safety precautions you can take.

Too bad there does not seem to be a college equivalent of the NBA bubble that I am aware of.

Stay safe.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's easy to say he's saying this because his team looks like garbage, but put that to one side.

This is the same guy who in the middle of summer was advocating for EVERYONE to make the 2021 NCAA Tournament! At a time when scientists and public health officials overwhelmingly agreed that this time of year would look exactly the way it looks right now.

That's kind of a sea change, Mike! Maybe shut up?

Reaction Score
Yup, just watch the NCAA Coach K lap dogs shut down the entire season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Looks like K is trying to win an Emmy.
Worked for that arse Cuomo
If the NCAA wont do it for K then he will come up with another phantom back ailment and all the losses this year will be petitioned to be erased from his record
The guy really is a RAT

Reaction Score

His team not looking too good this year so of course he's interested in reconsidering Lol
Only because his team lost 2 games and isn’t that good this year but he is absolutely right. My issues is you have teams who missed games from Covid that plays a team whos been playing to their games is not fair because the team that’s been playing will be in game shape and in rhythm. Some schools has some fans and some don’t. So those teams who allow fans will have home court advantage.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
What’s going to be the ramifications if a college athlete passes away due to covid complications he/she contracted while playing or practicing? Obviously no one wants it, and it’s the worst-case scenario, but I’m just asking “what if?”
Well, in the 1 in 20,000,000 or so case that this happens, I guess we could simply note that we can't prevent every bad outcome, the young person knew that there was some very remote chance of a fatal result, just as there is from many other pathogens, and the person died doing what he/she loved. We might consider that allowing thousands upon thousands of college athletes to live their lives and pursue their passions is worth the diminishingly small risk that SARS-CoV-2 will kill one, and we might be happy in knowing that, while such a death would be tragic, depriving thousands upon thousands of young people their right to live their lives would be . . .

grievously more tragic.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
1 in 20 million? Where did you get those odds?

And while the scenario I suggested would be tragic and unlikely, I am more concerned with the community spread. One person contracting covid is not as individualized as many are suggesting. We live in communities, and many more become affected. To propose that it is limiting the liberty of a college athlete to curtail their passions and hobby despite a spreading pandemic is short sighted and narrow thinking, for it is also infringing upon my liberty to be healthy when others can simply live their lives without concern for others. I, as well as countless others, have made sacrifices. It takes a village.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Lots of drama around here

Thank you Captain Obvious

You're welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors