Coaches road show bus gets pulled over by police. So Geno... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaches road show bus gets pulled over by police. So Geno...

Reaction Score
It isn't clear that a ticket would have been issued. Warnings are often given at officers discretion...mighta happened here even if Geno didn't show up

Mostly click bait...slow news day.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
THIS is what really pisses me off. Can't stand people who whine and complain about other people getting a good deal. What's wrong with good things happening to people? A requirement of humanity should be not getting all pissy when good things happen to other people.

Amen. Woke up to read the comments here from the snactimonious peanut gallery and thought: These people need to hit the pharmacy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I did not say that Geno said “do you know who I am” The article did not mention that either. I used that as an illustration of the mindset some of the rich and famous have in moments like this.

Understood Scoop but it is an illustration that isn't applicable here. Geno was in no way imperious or demanding, he was charming and funny. It's a bit of life lesson, no?

Regardless, it was funny story about the give and take and mutual respect in our athletic department. This bus ride could have been a grumble fest by busy people being given an additional time consuming task. Instead, they seem to enjoy each other. That's a good thing in my view.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cops don’t pull people over to punish them; they pull them over to keep them, and the public, safe. If the cops see that the driver isn’t endangering anyone, they will let them off with a warning fairly often.

That is true. And there is nothing in this article that says Geno actually talked the cop out of a ticket. It is certainly possible the cop was only planning on warning the driver before Geno even spoke to him.

Reaction Score
Cops don’t pull people over to punish them; they pull them over to keep them, and the public, safe. If the cops see that the driver isn’t endangering anyone, they will let them off with a warning fairly often. It’s not just the famous people.

If the driver was going 90 miles an hour, yeah, he should have gotten a ticket but he was just driving in the left lane on a three lane highway. Geez, some people make it sound like he got out of a felony charge.
Should have received a ticket. There are signs every few miles saying buses and trailers are prohibited from the left lane. This wasn’t someone making a simple mistake, but someone blatantly and willfully deciding to break the law.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Should have received a ticket. There are signs every few miles saying buses and trailers are prohibited from the left lane. This wasn’t someone making a simple mistake, but someone blatantly and willfully deciding to break the law.
So if you get pulled over for going 57 in a 55, you wouldn't be happy if a cop only gave you a warning?

Reaction Score
The one saving grace in this story was that it was not actually Geno who got the benefit of his celebrity, but a common man. Still the thing pushes my buttons is when people are given favorable treatment. Although I can see where that is sometbing that can be easy to fall into. What is worse is that the famous and powerful developed sense of entitlement in allowing this to happen. A requirement of power and authority should be a sense of humility and servitude rather than entitlement.

THIS is what really pisses me off. Can't stand people who whine and complain about other people getting a good deal. What's wrong with good things happening to people? A requirement of humanity should be not getting all pissy when good things happen to other people.

I am not quite sure how to respond to your response to my post. On on hand it seems like you are targeting me as a prissy whiner and complainer about some other persons good fortune. Yet you gave my initial post a like? I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I feel I have to clarify my stance in respect to your post.

To begin with my initial statement in respect to the bus driver and not Geno being the one who benefited ,leaves him out in respect to someone powerful gaining from favoritism. What is left to clarify is just exactly what I meant by favorable treatment. ----

I have never had a problem with people having good fortune or getting good deals. Good for them. I only have a problem when that " good deal " comes at the expense of someone else. I agree totally about some people who get resentful for other peoples success or even good luck. What you are referring to is envy. I had an older brother who's envy drove him into being an unjust hateful individual.

My mention of people with authority is referencing those in positions of trust. The decisions they render are just entrusted to them. The favors they give are not theirs to give. This would include everyone who is answerable to someone else. If something is yours to give you have the right to show favoritism and every right to give all that is yours to anyone you please. This would exclude those in all area's of government. When you are in a position of trust you have a responsibility to treat everyone equally and fairly. That is what I was referring to. People who confuse positions of trust with being entitled to do what they chose once they gain the authority that comes with their position.

Again whether favoritism is justified and ethical depends on individual circumstances. Unfortunately we live in a time when people only care about if it is them that gets that good deal and to h#ll with the consequences to others.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’ve been on the Boneyard for 23 years and thought I’d seen it all, but I guess not. The ability of ‘Yarders to find something offensive in, well, anything continues to bemuse a person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom