Coaches' poll rewards Stanford with #1 ranking. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coaches' poll rewards Stanford with #1 ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
The Polls don't mean a thing. UConn is the most feared team in WCBB. They are the team to beat and they are number 1. If SC ND and Tenn weren't feared and their coaches were confident then they would schedule each other during the regular season and not worry about not getting a one seed.
I'm not sure what you're implying here, Tony. Are you accusing these teams of ducking each other/UConn because they are afraid? Because I don't see evidence of that:

UConn plays ND and S. Carolina (and Stanford and Duke).
ND plays Tennessee and UConn, but also plays Maryland plus many ranked ACC foes.
Tennessee plays ND and S. Carolina (in conference) but also plays Stanford and Texas and many SEC foes.
S. Carolina plays UConn and Tennessee (in conference) but also plays Duke and many ranked SEC foes.

While I believe that S. Carolina could beef up its OOC schedule, I don't understand your point, as the top 4 ranked teams in the country play each other twice apiece, so it appears that no one is ducking the others. Maybe Muffet will schedule games against Staley in the future, and Tennessee will schedule UConn, but those are the only two games missing from the round-robin. And to be honest, we don't even know if those 4 teams will end up being the top 4 teams in the country.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
OOC schedules is what Im referring to . SC plays Duke and UConn.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yes you do. Your OOC schedule other then UConn and Duke is weak. UConns in conference is weak and that is something they cant control.
We have plenty of tough conference games, though. UCONN has to schedule a lot of tough teams OOC, because there are no other tough teams in the AAC this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom