Coaches on the hot seat? | The Boneyard

Coaches on the hot seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With all of the discussion on C Vivian Stringer and the opinion of many that she should go because the game has passed her by or how Coach P should go because she consistently underachieves or how Sylvia can't coach defense and Brenda is a poor in-game coach or how Dawn Staley really hasn't proven herself yet, I thought I would be provacative and get your take on some other coaches who have had relatively disappointing results over the last few years:

Jennifer Rizzotti - The Hawks have not made the NCAA tournament since 2010-2011 season. They have not finished better than 3rd in their conference since the 2009-2010 season and are currently in 5th place in 2013-2014 with a 9-7 conference record and 12-17 overall.

Sherri Coale - The Sooners have not finished 1st in the Big 12 since 2008-2009 when they made it to the Final Four. They did make it back to the Final Four the next season, but are trending downward. They are currently in 6th place in their conference with an 8-9 conference record and 17-13 overall.

Tonya Cardozza - Took over a Temple program that had made the NCAA tournament for 5 consecutive seasons under Dawn Staley. Managed to make the NCAA tournament her 1st three seasons with Staley's recruits. Has not made the tournament since the 2010-2011 season and won't this year. Sitting in T5th with a 7-10 conference record and 13-15 overall.

Are these coaches on the hot seat? Should they be?

Reaction Score
Frankly, ScarlettB, I don't give a damn for your Husky-baiting.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No agenda here, uh-uh, no way...

Love throwing Sherri Coale in as someone who is "trending down." As if that makes it less transparent.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Might as well add Jamelle Elliott to the list :rolleyes:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I'm shocked that ScarlettB didn't throw in Jamelle Elliot for good measure.

Reaction Score
Love throwing Sherri Coale in as someone who is "trending down." As if that makes it less transparent.
I was trying to be transparent. I was just getting tired of defending our coach and her record, our fans and our team. No one ever criticizes coaches who aren't doing so well that you like and I just wanted to point out that Viv is not the only coach who has had her ups and downs. You can have the mods delete this thread. I should not have started it. I'm just having a bad day. I apologize.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I was trying to be transparent. I was just getting tired of defending our coach and her record, our fans and our team. No one ever criticizes coaches who aren't doing so well that you like and I just wanted to point out that Viv is not the only coach who has had her ups and downs. You can have the mods delete this thread. I should not have started it. I'm just having a bad day. I apologize.
Then don't come where you have to read it.

Reaction Score

i don't think that you need to apologize to anybody.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The coach for UVA might not be on the hot seat this year.... but she'd better have them in contention for a NCAA bid next year.. or she might be done in Charlottesville.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The coach for UVA might not be on the hot seat this year.... but she'd better have them in contention for a NCAA bid next year.. or she might be done in Charlottesville.
Maybe Staley will return to her Alma Mater.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
This thread screams out for something that I hope that we never get ::: a 'Dislike' button.

Petty... just petty thin-skinned snippiness and frankly ScarlettB, it's beneath you.

YOPB

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe Staley will return to her Alma Mater.

I dont think they have the money. Plus (in my opinion) its easier for South Carolina to get to and stay at the top of the SEC than it would be for UVA in the modern day ACC.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Actually this is an interesting and viable topic...for another time perhaps and without the inflammatory spark to start it. remember this topic for the off season maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom