Coach P said we are a work in progress again. Seriously. | The Boneyard

Coach P said we are a work in progress again. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“When you watch that film, there are parts of that film where you look at it and are very impressed,” Pasqualoni said on Sunday. “There are other parts where there is just a little detail we just don’t hit on or not exact enough. There are little things. Third and 6 and we are running a crossing route, and the depth (of the wide receiver) is 4 and we get tackled for 4th and 2. Little thing like that on both sides of the ball that are frustrating. We got to do a better job eliminating that lack of detail at certain times. At other times it was excellent. It is hard to explain sometimes. “
Well, he got the last part right.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder if the Wide Recievers coach is doing his job right too. These lack of depth on critical routes to move the chains, is not a new thing. Fire everybody.

Reaction Score
I think he should be in the progress of looking for other work.

I'm curious - what do you want him to say full knowing that what he says will end up in sound bites. Humor me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"I'm sorry, this is not working out. I thought it would, but it's not. I don't know when I forgot everything I once knew about the game of football, but apparently, it's happened. I am very sorry and I will be lighting myself on fire and jumping into the ocean near a frenzy of sharks just as soon as this interview is over. But before I do, I am dousing my former offensive coordinator with steak sauce and throwing him into a bear cage. P out."

Reaction Score
I'm curious - what do you want him to say full knowing that what he says will end up in sound bites. Humor me.

I'll answer............"I've asked George to focus more on gameday catering and also asked Mike Foley to resume his OL coaching responsibilities and we'll have Shane Day calling plays."

Other than that, I really don't care.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll answer............"I've asked George to focus more on gameday catering and also asked Mike Foley to resume his OL coaching responsibilities and we'll have Shane Day calling plays."

That was good one, FWIW I take back what I said.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
"I think we've seen some good improvement in the passing game. I am still looking for Chandler to make his progressions a little faster and not hold on to the ball as much, but he is protecting the ball better and making some good throws. He has to keep working hard but all and all I'm satisfied with his progress.

The running game hasn't been where we expect or need it to be. We (code word coming up) as an entire staff have to come up with a more effective scheme and personnel grouping to get that done. We (there's another) will meet tomorrow and break down everyone's assignments and restructure our game plan. We are too good a running team to accept the results we've seen.

On defense, we are generally pleased with the effort. Our guys are out there flying around to the ball, making it tough on the opposing offense. We need to make a few more plays, force a few more turnovers and avoid the mental lapses that have cost us at some critical times.

On special teams I'd like to get a little more out of the return game, but securing possession will still be the number one priority.

As for kicking, I know he had a rough day but, I still have complete confidence in Chad. He works hard in practice and we will focus on getting him into his routine. I expect he'll make a lot big kicks for us the rest of this year."

P is free to steal all of it if he needs to. Or, maybe we can have our own BY presser every week and the horde can pick the best fake-P statement to run an attribute it to the coach.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
"I think we've seen some good improvement in the passing game. I am still looking for Chandler to make his progressions a little faster and not hold on to the ball as much, but he is protecting the ball better and making some good throws. He has to keep working hard but all and all I'm satisfied with his progress.

The running game hasn't been where we expect or need it to be. We (code word coming up) as an entire staff have to come up with a more effective scheme and personnel grouping to get that done. We (there's another) will meet tomorrow and break down everyone's assignments and restructure our game plan. We are too good a running team to accept the results we've seen.

On defense, we are generally pleased with the effort. Our guys are out there flying around to the ball, making it tough on the opposing offense. We need to make a few more plays, force a few more turnovers and avoid the mental lapses that have cost us at some critical times.

On special teams I'd like to get a little more out of the return game, but securing possession will still be the number one priority.

As for kicking, I know he had a rough day but, I still have complete confidence in Chad. He works hard in practice and we will focus on getting him into his routine. I expect he'll make a lot big kicks for us the rest of this year."

P is free to steal all of it if he needs to. Or, maybe we can have our own BY presser every week and the horde can pick the best fake-P statement to run an attribute it to the coach.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

You . I actually was reading that thinking P said those things. You .

Reaction Score
Dam it! I thought changes were coming you had me too. I nominate GDL to retrieve the tee after kickoffs.

Reaction Score
"Today I offered my resignation to the Athletic Director."

imagesCAN88CZ3.jpg

Maybe he would have been better off saying we didn't suck as much as we've sucked before but we still took the L so we have to get less sucky.

Reaction Score
"I'm sorry, this is not working out. I thought it would, but it's not. I don't know when I forgot everything I once knew about the game of football, but apparently, it's happened. I am very sorry and I will be lighting myself on fire and jumping into the ocean near a frenzy of sharks just as soon as this interview is over. But before I do, I am dousing my former offensive coordinator with steak sauce and throwing him into a bear cage. P out."
LMAO. The only thing I would ask is you skip the "sorries" and suggest he promtly move to the lighting and dousing phase, just in case his statements of contrition prevail upon a weak few who retain some shreds of humanity.

Reaction Score
I told you it's like trying make me believe that 8% unemployment is OK. Hey we are making improvement, but overall it still stinks. And, it's stunk for awhile.

I am not a fair whether guy and I have had to let people go only to find that the next person is worse, so making knee jerk changes is not the way to go. You never attract good people when you do that.

The bottom line is that last year there were at least 3 winnable game which we lost - WM IS Vandy come to mind. This year same old story NS St, Temple, WM. Luckily we hung on for Buffalo and MD.

Eventually it ends up in the coaches lap. Tough to say that we had seven winnable games and lost them all. If all the kids in the class keep failing eventually it's the teacher.

Suffice to say it's getting old.

PS I'll keep going to the games and buying tickets. Lots of good kids out there busting their butts for the fans. We should not give up on them.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

BRILLIANT JIMMY!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm glad he doesn't think we have a finished product

at least he knows something

:cool:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Coach P - you are what your record says you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom