Coach P on Lagow... | The Boneyard

Coach P on Lagow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
"It's the dumbest (bleeping) question I've ever heard. I've explained it 1,000 times. I (bleeped) up. I didn't take (Plano's) Richard Lagow. Does that make you happy? Almighty. ... It took 18 months to sell the kid to North Texax. It's been written about. It's been talked about. Don't shake your (bleeping) head. You asked a question. I'm telling you how I feel about it. I can't take every player. We have 85 scholarships. ... And if you want me to say I (bleeped) up, I (bleeped) up. Write it. ... You want me to say I (bleeped) up? For the fifth time, I (bleeped) up. So put it five times."

pj

Reaction Score
For any on the Lagow family reading this, that is Jim Calhoun responding to a question why he didn't recruit a basketball player who had just scored a lot of points against UConn.

Reaction Score
as pj stated, for anyone visiting unfamiliar with the quote, please see below (warning language)

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
For any on the Lagow family reading this, that is Jim Calhoun responding to a question why he didn't recruit a basketball player who had just scored a lot of points against UConn.
only difference is P doesn't have players the caliber of Okafor who he can sarcastically say "sorry I took _____ instead." and P can't say this while obviously on his way to the Final Four and a ring. Instead he can say this while obviously on his way to another 5-7 season.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
only difference is P doesn't have players the caliber of Okafor who he can sarcastically say "sorry I took _____ instead." and P can't say this while obviously on his way to the Final Four and a ring. Instead he can say this while obviously on his way to another 5-7 season.

And Lagow hasn't shown he is at Ryan Gomes level yet.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its truly great that we have posters here who are looking to stir things up with recruits/family of recruits. i dont care if lagow signs 2night or already has his loi for texas faxed, but this is ajust a stupid asz thread thanks to sdhusky. more cowbell! if some1 doesn't jump in quick your just begging for lagows dad to read it and get a reaction. real classy from the uconn fanbase...

sdhusky

Reaction Score
its truly great that we have posters here who are looking to stir things up with recruits/family of recruits. i dont care if lagow signs 2night or already has his loi for texas faxed, but this is ajust a stupid asz thread thanks to sdhusky. more cowbell! if some1 doesn't jump in quick your just begging for lagows dad to read it and get a reaction. real classy from the uconn fanbase...

I'll try to stay even keel and positive.

Like you.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
picard-facepalm.jpg

Reaction Score

I agree. So I'll offer a challenge to the kid from Texas. Come to UConn and compete for gosh sakes. Maybe you are the guy, maybe not. Maybe the Connecticut kid is better (pick one). Compete. Heck there hasn't been an effective QB here in almost a decade (jury still out on Whitmer). Where else are you gonna find better opportunity to be the guy at the D1 BCS level? Come be a Texas gunslinger who shows UConn and the northeast how real football is played.

Reaction Score
TDH - First time I ever hit the "Like" button. You are so right on. This is the ideal place for a QB prospect to make a mark. Hope RL comes here but if not, wish him the best elsewhere.

Reaction Score
The Gomes issue was also beaten to death because he was an in-state player (Wilby-Waterbury) Who got away. I get that it's tongue in cheek but not a very good comparison to the Lagow situation.

Reaction Score
The comparison is so totally inapplicable to the current situation that it's hard to imagine that there is not an ulterior motive for its posting.

Unfortunately, my mind isn't troubled enough to grasp what it is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh. It was a shot a humor that fell flat. No need to assign more value than that to it.

It was walk in the park compared to the posts questioning a potential recruit's motivations/health. That thread wasn't a highpoint in the board's history.

Reaction Score
Meh. It was a shot a humor that fell flat. No need to assign more value than that to it.

If it was truly just an attempt at humor that fell flat, my apologies to SDH. But I'm not at all certain that is the case.

Reaction Score
One of JC's worst moments imo.

That said, his point was dead on. Gomes and Okafor weren't even on the same planet in terms of being a force in the college game. The kid went off against UCONN in a regular season game and the horde does what the horde does..........be stupid!

Reaction Score
"Don't shake your ****ing head". Might not be classy but just ****ing classic.

Reaction Score
PeeCee smoked us at Gampel that year Gomes vs. Okafor and we later won our 2nd ring and trip to the White House.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
If it was truly just an attempt at humor that fell flat, my apologies to SDH. But I'm not at all certain that is the case.

Not a word back. Are you really that stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom