Coach P not on the hot seat but... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coach P not on the hot seat but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL at the "building for next year" comment. Unless Casey Cochrane is a significant upgrade and wins the QB job, this team loses 75% of its best 12 players. three wins or less are in play for next year.

And, there is little to no chance Uconn can beat UL, Cincy, or Rutty this year (each of those teams can score more than 20 points). Temple cannot pass, maybe have a chance against them. USF who knows. Pitt's best is a lot better than Uconn's best, but its a home game at night and if the team hasn't lost 4 in a row headed to that game its a pick'em. Uconn better than Syracuse? I'm not sure. I think best case is 3 wins in conference if things fall the right way.
So we go 5-7 year 1. Assume we go 8-5 year 2... You think 3-9 for year 3?
Not ready to concede this year let alone next year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This staff is clueless. How many drive killing penalties do we need to see from the OL. On just the second play with the new center, do you really have to go Wildcat? The predictable 5-yard loss was probably the best case scenario. The team wasn't prepared to play this game. Who's fault is that?

Reaction Score
In all candor I am not worried about our defense next year (assuming no regime change). I am however bothered beyond description that I have no confidence that our offense will be able to compete at the level we want next year.

I think defense will be fine as well. We are very talented at linebacker and i think jones gets moved to corner. Trevardo will be the biggest loss. He is a beast as a pass rusher. Stephen will be healthy and i like what i see of the young d tackles.

But offense? We need a lot of improvement and not just scheme wise. Consistency from the line would be a start. I remain hopeful that Whitmer continues to progress and Geremy Davis as well. But I remain extremely worried.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Agree.
What 4 games do we win though?
Temple? Not so sure
Syracuse? We should be favored
UofL? Unlikely
Cincy? Unlikely
Pitt? Depends who shows up for both teams. We should have a chance.
Rutgers? Maybe. Looks pretty even right now.
USF? No idea. Similar to Pitt, depends on who shows up?

No gimmes... 4-3 is not going to be easy.

Snooki looks pretty even right now? They have a handful of stud receivers and a QB who can throw the ball. If their O line can hold UConn Rutgers will gang bang this team. I don't care what anybody says they beat an SEC team (traditionally a good one, not Vanderbilt) on the road. They looked like a real college football team - athletic with the ability to throw the deep ball.

Reaction Score
Here is the dilemma with PP. He is all in on Whitmer. All the chips are in the middle of the table. Nebrich is gone and Johny is gone next year, Casey never played a down, and the new kid from TX well who knows. So his future is linked to Whitmer's performance. So far here are the standings.

NC ST 3 INT and 2 slips. I count the slips almost as turnovers. They killed us.
MD the fumble did not hurt.
Yesterday the INT may have cost the game - despite good numbers. I won't hang the fumble on him.

If the team stays turnover prone and the line is inconsistent then it's going to be a long year. As usual there is no margin for error. To me he he still has the same knock as at JC - too many turnovers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It is madness to try to hang this loss on Whitmer, even a tiny bit. What about the TO's that didn't happen? He got pounded all day while most of his receivers had the drops, yet he hung tough. Is he the reason this team came out flat? Is it his fault that the D wasn't ready for all the passing?

Reaction Score
When Whitmer got hit high/low in I think the 3rd Q, P's all in with Whitmer almost ended right there. We were very lucky there.

Reaction Score
Snooki looks pretty even right now? They have a handful of stud receivers and a QB who can throw the ball. If their O line can hold UConn Rutgers will gang bang this team. I don't care what anybody says they beat an SEC team (traditionally a good one, not Vanderbilt) on the road. They looked like a real college football team - athletic with the ability to throw the deep ball.
It's a good point... Rutgers had a good win against an SEC team on the road.

If everything was based on that data-point, I'd suggest they should be in the discussion for National Championship. Except it's not. Arkansas isn't Alabama or LSU, and we typically play RU tight. Don't see anything to suggest that won't be the case in a couple weeks.

Reaction Score
.."we typically play RU tight. Don't see anything to suggest that won't be the case in a couple weeks.'
Well Marty, if we lack passion and fall behind, it will be a long day for the Huskies. Our defense has to be Maryland game aggressive, our O line must protect Whitmer, and Chad must make his FG attempts. And we'll need a few turnovers in our favor. Finally, don't discount the Rutgers revenge factor after we denied them last year coupled with what should be a full house of passionate fans, all dressed in red, looking to go 5-0. Do we have it in us to compete, execute and prevail? This week against Buffalo will begin to tell us the answer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The play calling has gotten better on offense for the passing game. Still too many drops by WR's. Davis was wide open for a TD but the ball was overthrown too.
What is most irritating is the refusal to use anyone but McCombs at RB. He gained 111 yards in 3 quarters and left 30 yards on the field because he gets tripped up by grass. The playcalling for the running game was good enoughfor 150 yards plus. But the coaches aren't putting in the correct personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom