Coach K. on combining the Big East with the ACC | The Boneyard

Coach K. on combining the Big East with the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

LOL, I thought everyone would get a kick out of this.

40 seconds in

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"The ACC wants to be the top basketball conference...We are not there right now."

uconn-national-championship-2014-header.jpg

No, you aren't.

I think that Coach K would have preferred UConn be in the fold. If we end up in the B1G, it will all have worked out for the best.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"The ACC wants to be the top basketball conference...We are not there right now."

uconn-national-championship-2014-header.jpg

No, you aren't.

I think that Coach K would have preferred UConn be in the fold. If we end up in the B1G, it will all have worked out for the best.

He def would have. He said as much. UNC too.

Reaction Score
We would go to the ACC in a second. They need a team like usand most of the teams minus Pitt (scum), BCU and Quse I think would welcome us a t this point- problems behind us- a NC as well as a great coach and exceptional person as our new leader. How things have changed since they took Pitt (scum) and Quse.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is better off not being in the ACC. UConn is now unique, the Big East schools that join the ACC are more likely to fall in to mediocrity. Case and point Boston College

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think UConn is better off not being in the ACC. UConn is now unique, the Big East schools that join the ACC are more likely to fall in to mediocrity. Case and point Boston College

I don't follow your logic. Being in the AAC, as opposed to the ACC, doesn't make us unique. It makes us a member of a crap conference.

We're succeeding in spite of our conference, and joining the ACC wouldn't hurt us. It might not help us as much as joining the B1G would, but that's another question.

Reaction Score
You combine whatever you want Coach Ktapascrewdookski; and we will, for absolute sure, keep beating Puke(and your other ACC flunkies) and winning National Championships. Besides the AAC ain't half bad and will just get better(the conference sure doesn't seem to be hurting our recruiting---"Welcome Jalen!!!"); and/or we'll join up with that real basketball league called the Big10 don'tcha know. Either way we got it covered.

GO USA!!! BEAT BELGIUM!!!
GO HUSKIES!!!
2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

555.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't follow your logic. Being in the AAC, as opposed to the ACC, doesn't make us unique. It makes us a member of a crap conference.

We're succeeding in spite of our conference, and joining the ACC wouldn't hurt us. It might not help us as much as joining the B1G would, but that's another question.

My point is they might as well call the AAC the UConn conference. We will dominate that conference as long as we are in it. Aren't they moving the conference tournament to CT? We will be in the NCAA tournament every year. If we were in the ACC we might miss a NCAA tournament every 4 to 5 years. In the ACC we would share the spotlight. If we play a strong out of conference schedule and have Ollie as coach in my opinion we have a chance to be unique and dominate.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Can we please knock this nonsense out about Louisville fans being great travelers? I don't recall a single football or basketball game that Louisville brought more than a a handful of fans. 2011 Big East Tourney Championship Game was a UCONN home game at MSG. At least Michigan State had about 15-20% of the crowd support in the Elite 8 game. There weren't more than 10 Louisville fans at MSG that night.

Reaction Score
K the most respected name in college basketball coaching (even outside ESPN). Unfortunately he doesn't coach football.

Reaction Score
My point is they might as well call the AAC the UConn conference. We will dominate that conference as long as we are in it. Aren't they moving the conference tournament to CT? We will be in the NCAA tournament every year. If we were in the ACC we might miss a NCAA tournament every 4 to 5 years. In the ACC we would share the spotlight. If we play a strong out of conference schedule and have Ollie as coach in my opinion we have a chance to be unique and dominate.

We need the money from a P5 conference for coaches' salaries and facilities. Do you not understand this?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
We need the money from a P5 conference for coaches' salaries and facilities. Do you not understand this?

How some people don't get that is beyond me.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Can we please knock this nonsense out about Louisville fans being great travelers? I don't recall a single football or basketball game that Louisville brought more than a a handful of fans. 2011 Big East Tourney Championship Game was a UCONN home game at MSG. At least Michigan State had about 15-20% of the crowd support in the Elite 8 game. There weren't more than 10 Louisville fans at MSG that night.
They donate all their money to the UL athletic department, kind of like scientologists. It leaves them with nothing left to travel with.

Reaction Score
i will respect this man as soon as he can consistently get out of the first round

Reaction Score
I think the problem is they missed an important ingredient when they mixed their Big East/ACC soup. What could it be? Oh, what could it be?

Reaction Score

Didn't Ollie just get a big increase in salary? Isn't the basketball practice facility still being built? As long as UConn performs well in the NCAA Tournament they will be fine.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Yeah, maybe not to Connecticut...lol. They traveled well to football bowl games which is all that really matters when considering if a fanbase has great travelers...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Didn't Ollie just get a big increase in salary? Isn't the basketball practice facility still being built? As long as UConn performs well in the NCAA Tournament they will be fine.
I appreciate the sentiment but I don't agree. Keep in mind that UConn is still getting it's share of Big East exit fee money. When that ends our current precarious situation becomes impossible. Ultimately we won't be able to keep up with the arms race.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I do not hate Coach K.

But if a gorilla had raced on camera and skull f---ed that smug clown's eye sockets, I would have been very happy.

Reaction Score
I do not hate Coach K.

But if a gorilla had raced on camera and skull f---ed that smug clown's eye sockets, I would have been very happy.

Coach K vs Chimp K (Kazmir)…………below you will see K eating leaves prior to getting skull f*-*ed by Kazmir (we ended it prior to the skull duck*king for the weak of stomach)

Reaction Score

I think the suggestion was if we went into the B1G instead of the ACC, it would be preferable. No one would suggest that staying in our present conference was preferable to going to the ACC. I'd like to get into the B1G because I really don't want any part of Syracuse and their idiotic fans who talk crap despite having teams that continually underachieve. I'm not much of a fan of Pitt either. The only team that the ACC got that has shown itself to perform at a high level is Louisville. Their basketball programs and football program have done themselves proud. They've been good for quite a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom