Coach D to be @ Wood-N-Tap in Vernon Next Tuesday for Special Edition of Coach's Show | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coach D to be @ Wood-N-Tap in Vernon Next Tuesday for Special Edition of Coach's Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
I'm trying to jar stupid schitt from my brain and cutting off the internet radio feed has something to do with IMG and the licensing. On the Stupid Meter it's pretty high. For any Husky fan not within the radio signal range, we're now deaf to whatever message UConn is trying to spread. Gains exactly zero listeners and alienates everyone outside the 1080 signal range. One more tasker for the AD to unphuck.

Joe D says IMG owns the stream and doesn't have right to rebroadcast it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wouldn't YOU be the one having his baby?!?

I often dream of Jarhead looking like his avatar also. But if that were true, CTMike would be asking Jarhead to have his baby... :eek:

Reaction Score
Butch said:
Wouldn't YOU be the one having his baby?!?

Yah so excited I misquoted myself. I told him he won the best hair contest.

Reaction Score
Loved that interview.

This guy is extremely articulate. His answers do not come off as canned but as spontaneous thinking and they are not short responses; they are lengthy, well spoken, articulate answers delivered with a sense of passion.

I completely understand why Warde "fell in love", he seems like the real deal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Loved that interview.

This guy is extremely articulate. His answers do not come off as canned but as spontaneous thinking and they are not short responses; they are lengthy, well spoken, articulate answers delivered with a sense of passion.

I completely understand why Warde "fell in love", he seems like the real deal.
Now, if he can coach...we're all set!

Reaction Score
It is 8PM any word on crowd or anything details?

The Courant has an article out already on tonight. I love this comment when asked about whether Diaco would look at film or wait for spring practice to judge talent. Love it, love it, love it.

"I don't know for sure whether they were being asked to do jobs that suit them. You'd like to think they would but I don't know that, so I'd hate to judge them based on that. "

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-1218-20131217,0,2708772.story

Reaction Score
I'm trying to jar stupid schitt from my brain and cutting off the internet radio feed has something to do with IMG and the licensing.

On the Stupid Meter it's pretty high. For any Husky fan not within the radio signal range, we're now deaf to whatever message UConn is trying to spread.

Gains exactly zero listeners and alienates everyone outside the 1080 signal range. One more tasker for the AD to unphuck.

This.

And this > http://www.imgcollege.com/our-properties/colleges-universities/university-of-connecticut

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The Courant has an article out already on tonight. I love this comment when asked about whether Diaco would look at film or wait for spring practice to judge talent. Love it, love it, love it.

"I don't know for sure whether they were being asked to do jobs that suit them. You'd like to think they would but I don't know that, so I'd hate to judge them based on that. "

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-1218-20131217,0,2708772.story
This was pretty much it. Unfortunately, when you account for commercial breaks and whatnot, it was a very short half hour before they cut to the UConn/Duke game.

About the only other thing I can think he mentioned was that he wants a staff ASAP, he's fielded lots of calls from interested parties, but there's the State/UConn process on the back end that he has to work through.

Attendance was light. Maybe 20-odd people in the bar, with a good handful of them athletic department support folks. The roads were baaaaaaad. The manager at the WnT bought a round of drinks for folks who trekked out which was nice. :)

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'm gonna ask him to have my baby.

attachment.php

Reaction Score
This was pretty much it. Unfortunately, when you account for commercial breaks and whatnot, it was a very short half hour before they cut to the UConn/Duke game.

About the only other thing I can think he mentioned was that he wants a staff ASAP, he's fielded lots of calls from interested parties, but there's the State/UConn process on the back end that he has to work through.

Attendance was light. Maybe 20-odd people in the bar, with a good handful of them athletic department support folks. The roads were baaaaaaad. The manager at the WnT bought a round of drinks for folks who trekked out which was nice. :)

You were there? Die hard. Bravo.

I was shoveling my driveway.

BTW: I like this guy so far. A lot. He's definitely of the Bill Parcells mode. I bet the guy wakes up every day and makes a list of things to do, and has lists of lists of things to do and just crosses them off one by one every day. Big stones, and big talker. FWIW: I don't believe for a second that he hasn't looked at film on every single player on this team in detail. But he gave a nice answer to the question! :)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You were there? Die hard. Bravo.

I was shoveling my driveway.

BTW: I like this guy so far. A lot. He's definitely of the Bill Parcells mode. I bet the guy wakes up every day and makes a list of things to do, and has lists of lists of things to do and just crosses them off one by one every day. Big stones, and big talker. FWIW: I don't believe for a second that he hasn't looked at film on every single player on this team in detail. But he gave a nice answer to the question! :)
So you SWEAR you weren't the Tony that called that played UConn Football in the 70s? ;)

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Diaco talking about how important it is to reach out to former players and have events through the year to keep them engaged.
I think they should get some of our most beloved football alum, some who have gone on to the NFL, some who haven't to come back, and put them in this season's new Intro Video for The Rent... Something like what Oklahoma did here:

Granted we don't have a ton of history, or All-Americans, but what little we do have is pretty great and it would be cool to link the past with the new era under Diaco. Get Tyvon Branch, Donald Brown, Darius Butler, Ryan Griffin, and Anthony Sherman in there!

Reaction Score
I think they should get some of our most beloved football alum, some who have gone on to the NFL, some who haven't to come back, and put them in this season's new Intro Video for The Rent... Something like what Oklahoma did here:

Granted we don't have a ton of history, or All-Americans, but what little we do have is pretty great and it would be cool to link the past with the new era under Diaco. Get Tyvon Branch, Donald Brown, Darius Butler, Ryan Griffin, and Anthony Sherman in there!

GREAT idea...we may to have ton's of history like you said...BUT this fan base can DEFINITELY identify with the guys in the NFL!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
GREAT idea...we may to have ton's of history like you said...BUT this fan base can DEFINITELY identify with the guys in the NFL!
Imagine how fired up you would be as a player with that kind of thing pre-game? That stupid computer animated husky/wolfpack maontauge running w/ the Metro North, stopping by the Capitol, Storrs, then ending at The Rent was so minor league its embarrassing. Honestly... what was Athletics thinking when they decided that was a good idea for this season. A season that already was bad enough w PP at the helm still, no excitment what so ever, a new logo/brand identity, and to kick games off this year we'll show the fans cartoons to start the games??? Minor league if you ask me.

Reaction Score

Something like this with Coach Diaco speaking Latin at the end? Or him reciting the poem he read today. I can't get enough of this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom