CNNSI article on Boat | The Boneyard

CNNSI article on Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Boatright arrived on campus that fall but was forced to sit out nine games that season by the NCAA for receiving improper benefits.

Isn't that an inaccuracy? Wasn't he forced to sit out while they investigated allegations which ultimately proved unfounded?

Reaction Score
Isn't that an inaccuracy? Wasn't he forced to sit out while they investigated allegations which ultimately proved unfounded?

No, I think that is accurate, but the "improper benefits" were plane tickets his mother took for a visit from a family friend who qualified as a booster or something. I was really stretching it from what I remember.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No, I think that is accurate, but the "improper benefits" were plane tickets his mother took for a visit from a family friend who qualified as a booster or something. I was really stretching it from what I remember.
No they never found anything. Bilas tweet that boatright should get the benefits since he did the time. He was guilty until proven innocent

Reaction Score
"I think I'm an NBA prospect," Boatright said. "But I knew I had to develop as more of a pure point guard. The days of the Allen Iverson-type 2 guard are gone. And I know that if I focus on making my teammates better and helping my team win, that will help me out in the end too."

That is an important revelation for Boat. Going into the year, one of the keys to our season was him not getting caught up in trying to market himself to the NBA at the detriment of the team. And it's good that it's something he discovered on his own, rather than it having to be drilled into him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom