Clip with Geno talking about Azzi’s knee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clip with Geno talking about Azzi’s knee

S.R.K.

CtRomad
Reaction Score
I tore my ACL and Meniscus playing indoor soccer- I wore a don-Joy brace after while playing.
Never had another knee problem, it kept the knee from moving laterally.

Reaction Score
He said the doc's taking a look at it right now, explains that Azzi was going through the lane and bumped knees (tweaked it) with another player. Also that they'll know more when they look at it, and it's par for the course.
Reading your reply reminded me of the old SNL skit with Chevy Chase giving the news for the hard of hearing. :D

Reaction Score
The tv camera zoomed in on Azzi’s knee for a close up shot, and you could see a fairly large bruise on her knee.

Pretty sure that was the knee she tore her acl and mcl

Reaction Score
The injuries are becoming like the film “Groundhog Day” or like the Yogi Berra quote "It's like deja vu all over again."

Reaction Score
Reading your reply reminded me of the old SNL skit with Chevy Chase giving the news for the hard of hearing. :D

One of my all time favorite SNL skits. I clearly remember rolling on the ground when this was originally aired! In today's bizarro world, this would would never fly.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The tv camera zoomed in on Azzi’s knee for a close up shot, and you could see a fairly large bruise on her knee.
Yep, a black and blue from banging knees.

Reaction Score
I think what you saw was a big scar from prior surgery. That was after she took the ice pack off and gave a two-thumbs-up to her parents in the stands. After the game, she was seen on the court wearing her normal knee pad again, giving another thunbs-up. Also, the slo-mo replay seemed to show little or no contact with the other player's knee.

Reaction Score
I think what you saw was a big scar from prior surgery. That was after she took the ice pack off and gave a two-thumbs-up to her parents in the stands. After the game, she was seen on the court wearing her normal knee pad again, giving another thunbs-up. Also, the slo-mo replay seemed to show little or no contact with the other player's knee.
Her face spoke volumes while giving her parents a thumbs up. I wouldn't believe her hand signals for a second if she was my kid. Not with that look on her face. I don't think she'll be playing on Tuesday. Let's hope I'm very wrong.

Reaction Score
I didn't see a lot of impact and that's what worries me.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I didn't see a lot of impact and that's what worries me.
I am surprized the clip of the injury isn't available. I could definitely be wrong, but it looked to me that the knee buckled slightly. The original injury was a hyper extension of the knee, which indicates to me that it is still not strong enough to withstand the rigors of basketball

Reaction Score
I am surprized the clip of the injury isn't available. I could definitely be wrong, but it looked to me that the knee buckled slightly. The original injury was a hyper extension of the knee, which indicates to me that it is still not strong enough to withstand the rigors of basketball
When you come back from injury, you are naturally tentative. Imagine skiing and through the entire run, you are bracing yourself for a fall. You're stiff and not free. Odds are you fall. Azzi has to get through this phase and move into the freedom of movement phase. Probably affects her shot as well.
In college, I was susceptible to sprained ankles. That period when you first come back is tricky. Almost like you're looking where to place your feet.
The way to avoid injury is 1- be aggressive, move forward, not tentative 2- don't take unnecessary chances, like flying into the 1st row of seats chasing a ball.
Being from MD- think Cal Rypken. First genetics plays a role. Movements are rehearsed, repeatable. Use all senses to respond in the situation. Not chaotic. They say Joe DiMaggio looked like he never had to sweat or strain. Because he had everything figured out during his movements.

Reaction Score
Yes you could be.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Way back in the day, players with injuries wore heavy knee braces, usually containing metal rods. Cleary, they don't wear them any more. But it seems to me Azzi needs a sturdier knee brace. Yes, I know I'm not a doctor, but I am a former athlete who suffered his share of knee injuries. I wonder what kind of knee protection Azzi is wearing, other than just padding.
I suspect that our college athletes now have better braces and supports than many of us can find on our own. I'v had a lifetime of knee issues and surgeries culminating in 2 TKAs (total knee replacements) and I have never found any brace or support that did not put artificial and undue pressure on one or another part of the knee, most often the knee cap.

Reaction Score
The clip I saw showed a Georgetown player move to a screening position on Azzi's blind side. A light to moderate force enough to deflect her knee inward when Azzi backed in to the screen.

Could be a meniscus or just loose scar tissue in the joint that needs cleaning out (arthoscope).

I had a laterally torn meniscus that I lived with for years. Stubbing my toe on a root/rock and/or stumbling would elicit significant pain which would subside in minutes and then everything would be back to normal. Progressively got worse until finally diagnosed and cleaned out. I see reports for this type surgery all the time for high level athletes with a return to competition in 4 to 6 weeks.

I suspect just manage this for the rest of the season and then get it fixed April/May like they did with KLS and PB's ankle injuries; Crystal and Caroline's hip injuries.

But you know all this is just conjecture because I have no knowledge whatever of the injury and we will probably have a better idea by the end of the week.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The clip I saw showed a Georgetown player move to a screening position on Azzi's blind side. A light to moderate force enough to deflect her knee inward when Azzi backed in to the screen.

Could be a meniscus or just loose scar tissue in the joint that needs cleaning out (arthoscope).

I had a laterally torn meniscus that I lived with for years. Stubbing my toe on a root/rock and/or stumbling would elicit significant pain which would subside in minutes and then everything would be back to normal. Progressively got worse until finally diagnosed and cleaned out. I see reports for this type surgery all the time for high level athletes with a return to competition in 4 to 6 weeks.

I suspect just manage this for the rest of the season and then get it fixed April/May like they did with KLS and PB's ankle injuries; Crystal and Caroline's hip injuries.

But you know all this is just conjecture because I have no knowledge whatever of the injury and we will probably have a better idea by the end of the week.
I am hoping to find out tomorrow night around 7PM or have I missed an announcement?

Reaction Score
I am hoping to find out tomorrow night around 7PM or have I missed an announcement?
Imagining a scenario whereby Azzi sees the doctor today (she'll miss practice if there is one) and with just a shoot around Tuesday I would expect them to hold her out of the Seton Hall game before having her return to practice at the end of the week.
But you know she was walking just fine after the game so who knows.

Reaction Score
Im imagining a scenario where they just bumped knees which is very painful. That’s all my limited imagination will give me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom