Clingan Out for Month | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clingan Out for Month

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is a foot sprain what we used to call an ankle sprain?

No, I don’t think so. I fell on the stairs a couple years ago and badly sprained my foot. It was the top of my foot that hurt. I rolled my foot but not my ankle. It was fine within a few weeks, a month tops.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Hope he can keep his cardio and basketball shape while healing. Maybe the bike can work.

As others have said, any foot injury for a big guy is a concern. Give him an extra week or two beyond current "healthy" timeline to be safe.

Reaction Score
If DC is off his feet for a month and then is eased back in cautiously, he will not be in condition to play a full-out 25 minutes until the Kansas game at best. As with most blessings in disguise, the disguise can be pretty slow to lift.

Reaction Score
As long as I don't see the words 'metatarsal' or 'Lisfranc' I could not care less. Get him on the court for the first exhibition and be done with it.
Its metatarsal but I'll add 'Jones' specifically to that list

Reaction Score
I had Plantar Fasciitis, which sucked really bad for about 2 months. Thought that was a foot strain but there are so many different muscles and tendons in the foot that I doubt its the same. Give him as much time to heal, we don’t need him against the cupcakes, and as other have said, would be great experience for Samson and Youssouf.

Reaction Score
Oy, foot injuries for bigs, especially GIANTS can be worrisome.....................

Reaction Score
Uggh! Not the foot stuff. This worries me when it comes to bigs. I hope its nothing but i absolutely hate hearing foot and big in the same sentence.
200.gif

Reaction Score
south park beat a dead horse GIF

Still had that extra scholly all summer for an insurance big. If this happens in season to Clingan OR Samson, we'll be playing small ball and our ceiling is considerably lower.
At some point you have to play the recruits you bring in. Bringing in a 4th guy to play the 5 is a good way to guarantee that one of the current players enters the portal. This isn't a video game where you can just stockpile as much talent as possible, take a look at what happened in Kansas

Reaction Score
I read this headline and opened their thread saying... please don't be a foot problem, please don't be a foot problem...

Reaction Score
At some point you have to play the recruits you bring in. Bringing in a 4th guy to play the 5 is a good way to guarantee that one of the current players enters the portal. This isn't a video game where you can just stockpile as much talent as possible, take a look at what happened in Kansas

It’s also pretty convenient to ignore the level of talent that this mythical “insurance big“ would actually bring. You’ll play behind a likely lottery pick and a guy we really wanted to retain and who trusted us and deserves his chance and there’s also a freshman who is really raw but we like what he brings and we would like him to stick around.

Who is taking that deal that could actually provide much production without messing up what you’ve already built and developed? Bigs with actual, impactful talent are the most coveted dudes around. They’re not coming to likely sit on your bench and what? hope a teammate gets hurt? Injuries suck but they happen, you adjust and figure it out with your guys.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They are two different things. An ankle is still an ankle and a foot is still a foot.
And, sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I want to say it was a joke, but if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it make a sound?
Yes.

You're welcome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom